Star Trek Discovery

Commander Jameson

Exactly. I had issues with Zachary Quinto in the movies - but, y'know, half the problem with that performance was the absolute morons writing the scripts (though Beyond was decent, even if it made ZERO sense). Peck just acts as if he hasn't watched an episode of Trek in his entire fucking life, and that can also be extended with Sarek's actor. They're absolutely nothing at all like the characters we've seen before. It's like they didn't even audition, and just got cast as they were good mates with the producers.

I DON'T THINK HE EVEN DID THE EYEBROW THING ONCE.

Ignoring all your spoilers...

Another episode down. Can we stop the mirror universe now? I did love Sarek’s goatee though.

I was bang on the money with Tyler, I see.

Where’s the Admiral? They rescued her then what? She stuck in a Jeffries Tube?

Next episode looks like Stamets vs Stamets. Or maybe sexy Stamets^2. With shrooms.

Technobabble from Tilly :wub: is the only actual Trek thing going on right now.

1 hour ago, deKay said:

Ignoring all your spoilers...

Another episode down. Can we stop the mirror universe now? I did love Sarek’s goatee though.

I was bang on the money with Tyler, I see.

Where’s the Admiral? They rescued her then what? She stuck in a Jeffries Tube?

Next episode looks like Stamets vs Stamets. Or maybe sexy Stamets^2. With shrooms.

Technobabble from Tilly :wub: is the only actual Trek thing going on right now.

I really liked the mirror universe stuff in season 1. It was completely out of nowhere, and I really liked Burnedham's comments on how she felt there.

They’re out of the mirror universe! For now at least.

Fucking Lorca.

Georgiou :wub:

Tilly’s hair is back to normal. Not sure if I like that.

Stamets is fucking awesome.

Not sure whether to take the above piece seriously when they say they like Reno! Absolutely awful character in my opinion.....bordering on being as bad as Tilly (I don't agree at all that she was tolerable in season 1. She has always been an annoying fuckwit)

Episode 14 (I think) done.

Tyler is back. Shoulda killed him.

Georgiou is back. Sort of. Not sure this is wise.

Last episode they said Starfleet had been wiped out. This episode, actually no? The Klingons have taken 20% of Starfleet space or something. Fake news.

Admiral Wossname wasn’t on Discovery all along? But she never left and yet somehow didn’t go to the mirror universe?

Stamets had no shrooms. Then suddenly, oh yeah, he did - one small capsule. And then magically he had 12 capsules to fit in one shroompod. Only they had about 100 shroompods magically filled with capsules.

It’s fucking stupid.

But, Tilly :wub:

I've watched two episodes of  series 2 and it defies logic completely already - there's a load of whizz-bang effects and awful dialogue. It feels like it's written for 8-12 year olds who won't notice the giant plot holes or general level of stupidity on show.

Anson Mount is carrying it on charisma alone  from a cast POV( Doug Jones has had f-all to do so far) and some of the visuals   are decent in fairness.

On 23/04/2019 at 01:50, MK-1601 said:

Saw this on Facebook. A good analysis of why this show is such a mess. (spoilered for length)

Hide contents

I've watched two seasons of this and only now realised I didn't know the names of most characters. Other than Pike, Spock, Saru, Tilly and Burnham you could have told me someone was called Jigglypuff and I'd probably have believed you.

Also I think I missed an episode because I had no idea who the wretched ice cream princess was.

It was also the episode where Tilly technically transported ice cream lady into the vastness of space at the end.

It was co-written by Alex "Khan transports from Earth to the Klingon homeworld" Kurtzman, so... yeah. Fucker hasn't got a clue how anything works.

Final episode of series 1:

Liked the slums of Qu’nos. Lot of bums on display though. Tilly great again, being awkward in the club.

Utter bollocks “resolution” to the war.

First episode of series 2:

SUPER HAPPY FUN TIME!

Tilly on fire. Pike is ace. Loved the new uniforms (now ditched :( ). Reno (?) is great - hope she stays. Spock stuff is going to be shit, isn’t it.

You can see how they’ve literally replied to issues with the first series. Even Pike says it’s gonna be fun, and wants a proper Ready Room (which nobody thought to hive a quick hoover at any point since Lorca left?!).

Also, no reference to dead Science Guy who was completely forgotten five seconds after his (deserved) death.

Grabbing an asteroid utterly ridiculous.

Glimpses of Enterprise interior show what could have been...

That extra mini-ep of Tilly spending 45 minutes in real-time curating a playlist for some crew member, who we’ve never met but who simply adores her, while humming along and tapping her hairbrush to the tunes, was especially amazing. And then the last quarter hour where she was called on a dangerous away mission, and spent the firefight and aftermath flicking through pictures of puppies on her tricorder. Followed by the moving finale where she laughed so hard during the full-dress wake for all the fallen that a little bit of coke came down her nose. So Tilly! *

* this would be deKay’s favourite episode of anything, ever.