rllmuk

On 1/31/2017 at 18:56, JohnC said:

What the hell is YouPak? It's like YouTube, but just a little bit off.

Yeah. It's a YT mirror. There was a YT link but the video wasn't available. Will update when I get a proper link.

Edit: Added working promo

Some new cast announced

Terry Serpico (The Departed, Elementary, The Purge: Election Year) will take on the role of Admiral Anderson, a high-ranking Starfleet official.

Maulik Pancholy (Weeds, Hitch, 30 Rock, The Good Wife) has been cast as Dr Nambue, the Chief Medical Officer of the starship Shenzhou.

Sam Vartholomeos (The Secret Life of Walter Mitty, The Following) will be playing Ensign Connor, a Junior Officer in Starfleet Academy assigned to the starship Shenzhou.

Someone also leaked some aliens on a break. Initially claimed they were Klingons, but later said they're not, he just thought they looked a bit like Klingons.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Comrade said:

I'm assuming at this point that the USS Shenzou just for some reason gets renamed to the Discovery.

quite often ships get renamed in the event of the original being destroyed.

For example, NCC-1701-A was originally the Yorktown (NCC-1717), or so they say...

I'm not. All my interest has immediately gone after watching that trailer. I didn't want an Abrams reboot style show (particularly because I think only the first was any good) and I was hoping they'd take it back to it's roots. I'm really gutted they've chose this style because it just isn't Star Trek to me and I think it looks like a generic sci fi. I wanted to feel goosebumps but felt nothing. Sigh

• Upvote 1

They've even kept the lens flares.

I'm keeping an open mind. It doesn't look bad, but I wouldn't say it looks good either. It certainly doesn't give me a sense of "discovery".