30 minutes ago, JohnC said:

They seem to be very slowly building up to a reason for abandoning the spore drive eventually. Every so often another bit gets dropped into place. 

I agree. Even if it turns out that the spore drive is a death trap, it still doesn't make much sense that they tech was never revisited in Voyager. That's prequels for you though. 

Only convincing outcome would be that the mushroom “roots” across the other dimension get destroyed somehow.

Can’t wait for his take on Space Poochie.

I just realised something that may be hiding in plain sight:

Spoiler

It seems like it’s been set up to take the show to another timeframe where they can escape complaints about canon (which I have never cared about but whatever) and it works perfectly except Spock is on board.

Pike knows about the mirror universe.

Spock has a beard.

Is he mirror Spock?

• Upvote 3

52 minutes ago, Alex W. said:

Can’t wait for his take on Space Poochie.

I just realised something that may be hiding in plain sight:

Hide contents

It seems like it’s been set up to take the show to another timeframe where they can escape complaints about canon (which I have never cared about but whatever) and it works perfectly except Spock is on board.

Pike knows about the mirror universe.

Spock has a beard.

Is he mirror Spock?

It'll be a heartfelt attempt from Burnham to save Spock so she beams him off the ship before they time travel.  Think a even shittier version of the Armageddon conclusion. 

I've been thinking about this the past couple of days but is it me or was Season 1 much better than season 2? Season 1 was not even that good but it had some moment and Lorca was an interesting Character for the most part. It also had a bit more variety in its plots for the season with the Klingon War taking a back seat for a few episodes in the second part of the Season. 

This season seems to be just a splurge of throwing everything at the wall and seeing what sticks.  Spock, red lights, time traveller, Section 31, Klingons, evil AI etc.  It doesn't seem to have much momentum behind the season and the plots are all so disparate that none of them really work well together. 

• Empathy 1

1 hour ago, McCoy said:

It'll be a heartfelt attempt from Burnham to save Spock so she beams him off the ship before they time travel.  Think a even shittier version of the Armageddon conclusion.

I hope his beard removal isn't due to the traditional shaving method, but is part of a transporter accident.

*Rubs face* - 'Curious.'

• Upvote 1

Next episode (for me) - the one with the time loop.

Was hoping for “Gotta get up, gotta go out” but denied. Bizarre Stayin’ Alive remix instead.

Liked the idea of the episode, even if it has been done several times before. Felt like a proper Star Trek episode.

Stamets getting increasingly deranged is great. Dunno the actor’s name but he’s excellent.

Tilly is still :wub: but I kept getting the impression Burnham wanted to say “Shut up, Becky!” When she started giving her relationship advice.

Tyler’s hair and face make him seem really creepy and sleazy.

• Upvote 2

8 hours ago, deKay said:

Stamets getting increasingly deranged is great. Dunno the actor’s name but he’s excellent.

He's Anthony Rapp, one of the people to make sexual assault claims against Kevin Spacey. I think he was actually the first to come forward in the recent allegations which ended up taking Spacey down. Rapp was only 14 when the incident happened.

Episode 8

Whole living planet thing was bobbins. Saru is a dick. Tyler is still sleazy.

Not enough Tilly and Stamets (although Stamets thinking Tilly was a captain is interesting - is he going to end up being able to see through time, not just time loops?)

Dunno wtf is going on with Admiral wossname and the Klingon woman.

Oh, something I forgot to mention from the previous episode - Mudd calling the ensign on the bridge “unnamed ensign” or similar was great.

• Upvote 1

https://trekmovie.com/2019/04/17/michelle-yoeh-section-31-star-trek-show-will-be-more-fun-with-a-nicer-georgiou/

Michelle Yeoh: Section 31 Star Trek Show Will Be “More Fun” With A “Nicer” Georgiou

Spoilers for Season 1 of Discovery

I'm not sure.  I kind of think they have almost written themselves into a corner with Mirror Georgiou.  As people have mentioned, her introduction was basically showing us the Mirror Universe version of Hitler.  And now they are hoping we forget that and hop on board for some wacky space adventures with nicer reformed but still Hitler character. I've said it before, before they went all moustache twirling villain with Lorca he would have been a much better bet for this type of character evolution and progressing.  

I mean, that's not to say that Yeoh's Section 31 show won't work.  But they have started us off with a really evil character and are now working backwards to enable her to be a protagonist. Half way through DS9, you might have said that a standalone Dukut show aboard his Klingon ship would work.  Perhaps less so at the culmination of his evil arc at the end of the series. They are basically trying the inverse character arc with Georgiou.

On 16/04/2019 at 22:39, deKay said:

Next episode (for me) - the one with the time loop.

See I think this was the moment where the series turns from "Meh" to "Bad" for me.

Mudd tortures the crew for days (months?). He's trying to spy for the Klingons and would cost Starfleet the war.

But oh....he's going to be henpecked by his wife? That's really funny. Off he goes then! That's punishment enough!

1 hour ago, Hexx said:

See I think this was the moment where the series turns from "Meh" to "Bad" for me.

Mudd tortures the crew for days (months?). He's trying to spy for the Klingons and would cost Starfleet the war.

But oh....he's going to be henpecked by his wife? That's really funny. Off he goes then! That's punishment enough!

To be fair, that's an ending that is in spirit very much like the one from 'I, Mudd' in classic Trek. I'm sure that's why they did it. Makes no sense in the context of Disco, obvs.

Two more episodes...

Those beacon things they put on the Ship of the Dead - could they not have put them in a box? Or at least turned the lights and noises off? And not have Starfleet logos on them?

Was right about Stamets.

Poor Stamets :(

Doctor DrawnOnFacialHair :(

Captain Killy :wub:

Tyler is a cunt. I'm going to guess he's actually a Klingon, and I'm pretty sure I know *which* Klingon is this the case.

10 minutes ago, jonamok said:

I think we’re done here. He’s lost to us.

That ship already sailed when he said

Spoiler

Look I’m sure this changes but she’s the best thing in this show by fucking miles.

She represents absolute anti-trek to me. The architype geeky socially awkward woman that US shows seem to love. Except they don't wear glasses in space so they've had to disguise the fact that she's pretty by not making her pretty in the first place. 

Imagine what she'd be like to work with.

Colin.jpg