I'd go in and split all those posts out into a 'Garwfoo watches DS9 for the first time' thread, if I'd exhausted every other possible thing I wanted to do in life.

• Upvote 5

On 24 July 2016 at 14:05, DeFiBkIlLeR said:

I like it, the ship looks hard as nails, just right for infiltrating Klingon space.

Looks like it could be set 30-40yrs before the TOS, I bet Kirks dad has a role in it. (or is that only possible in the new ST timeline?, i get confused with all these alternate timelines in every show)

Latest speculation is it's post-Undiscovered Country, pre-Next Generation, and after the Khitomer Treaty. Which would make sense if the ship turns out to be a collaborative Klingon/Federation design. Alteratively it could just as easily have been backwards engineered from captured Klingon tech at any point between Enterprise and TOS.

5 hours ago, Fury4k said:

A lot of people are going to be interested in talking about a new show that would never have gone into the old thread. 

And when the show actually starts - it'll be a nightmare to discuss episodes with spoilers, etc in a mega thread with people also discussing Ryker's beard and re watching the other shows.

15 minutes ago, Pob said:

There's no-one stopping you creating a Ryker's Beard thread.

Do we need a Ryker with beard thread, a Ryker without beard thread and a Tom Ryker thread?

• Upvote 1

I've renamed the old thread so that DS9 and Riker beard discussions can continue unsullied by the vagaries of modern Trek.

I want a Star Trek set way in the future - where the Borg are a myth no one really believes exist anymore or something.  It all seems to be set in a safe future window rather than imagining and dreaming up completely amazing new sci fi future tech like previous series did... Teleports, holo decks, replicators etc...

• Upvote 1

I was talking about the Trek timeline the other day and I know we've seen glimpses into the further future (29th Century) with DS9 I think, but it's difficult to really conceive of how humanity will have changed in that time. I mean, the tech from the Next Gen/DS9 era is already amazing and, from what I recall, the only differentiator the 29th century Federation was able to offer was bigger ships and time travel. The latter is admitedly huge but could also be a bit Dr Who.

Enterprise was the one that had the 29th Century in it. Temporal cold war and all that.

Voyager did have that episode with the Time Ship and Gary Busey too I think.

I'd maybe like to see something where, like in the Warhammer universe, ships are vast but are also quite persistent so last for a couple of hundred years and to have one destroyed is a rare event. Maybe have them evolving rather than conforming to a Starfleet build especially the ones which are so far away that they don't hit the starbases very often. 

• Upvote 1

14 minutes ago, Harsin said:

I want an 18 rated sexy series set on that sex vaction planet where Picard got laid by an archaeologist.

But it's also the planet with Worf's gold shorts.

• Upvote 3

3 hours ago, DirkCrisis said:

"Riker's holodeck sex-capades"

Each episode could end with an elderly janitor mopping the holodeck floor, sadly shaking his head.

• Upvote 4