Star Trek Discovery - S3 streaming now - Everything Was Burnham

On 08/09/2020 at 21:42, Harsin said:

Oh I forgot cannibal space hitler was now a member of the crew.

This is the Liberal face of media in our post-good Trek future: Trans characters! Go us! But we also have space Hitler, because we need to allow robust debate on both sides in the marketplace of ideas.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm maybe willing to give this the benefit of the doubt seeing as they are now well away from the established timeline. I will go in with low expectations and hopefully be surprised.

Spoiler

It's going to be shit isn't it.

Strong start to season three IMO.

Spoiler

Straight into the world building for this season,  3188 looks interesting but feels a little silly and the boring jokes don't help but always got me some time for some Andorians. 

Loved Lando  Brook but not quite sure I liked the reveal. 

1 hour ago, Arn Ironjaw said:

Strong start to season three IMO.

Reveal hidden contents

Straight into the world building for this season,  3188 looks interesting but feels a little silly and the boring jokes don't help but always got me some time for some Andorians. 

Loved Lando  Brook but not quite sure I liked the reveal. 

It was CBS for me. I think Netflix has the first episode tomorrow but i could be wrong. 

He's wrong, it's just as wretchedly shit as ever.

Spoiler

They've given up any pretence of a Star Trek series and are now making the knock-off Star Wars show they always wanted.

The big mystery is what caused the THE BURN. Take a shot every time they mention THE BURN. Oh god, you can already see where this is heading BURNham.

Glorious Chosen Saviour of the Universe and Upholder of the a Principles of the Federation Michael Burnham casually starts murdering the space equivalent of supermarket security guards willy-nilly with no compunctions. You can try and write it off as being due to drugs, but she doesn't seem particularly concerned afterwards.

Some dude spending everyday of his entire life spending sat behind a desk staring into space on the off chance a Starfleet Officer wanders in is super dumb even by the standards of this show. Maybe they'll actually play to the fact that he would be a creepy zealot, but I doubt it and the bogging him up as a brave true believer is how they go.

What happened to the Federation being talked about like some millennia old ancient forgotten mystery (like the fall of Valyria in Game of Thrones) makes zero sense in a universe with this level of technology, especially when it only happened a century ago. It's like us treating World War One like it was the Trojan War.

I chuckled at the coming up this season montage having Burnham waffling on about the ideals of the Federation and hope and stuff, all set to montage of people screaming while firing guns, explosions and ships crashing into things.

In summary for the thread regulars:

spacer.png

• Commander Jameson changed the title to Star Trek Discovery - S3 streaming now - Everything Was Burnham