Star Trek Discovery - S3 streaming now - Everything Was Burnham

The early episodes of this season were really quite good but this week's seemingly 3 hour long Vulcan logic fight was a struggle. The only other thing I remember was Tilly's promotion when I was sure they were going to Harry Kim her for the entire series. Apparently, shouting about how smart you are in a passive aggressive manner, trumps the chain of command when it comes to promotion so I guess on those merits alone, the only characters in line for any change in rank are Tilly, Stammets and engineer woman-McCoy replacement.

Due to the absolute snoozefest that was the latest episode I many have nodded off and missed a bit, but since I have absolutley no intention of revisiting it to find out can somebody tell me if they explained how:

Spoiler

Burnham's mother was there.  Won't she be like over a 1,000 years old by this time?

3 minutes ago, Waggo said:

Due to the absolute snoozefest that was the latest episode I many have nodded off and missed a bit, but since I have absolutley no intention of revisiting it to find out can somebody tell me if they explained how:

Hide contents

Burnham's mother was there.  Won't she be like over a 1,000 years old by this time?

I don’t think they even mentioned it.

5 minutes ago, Waggo said:

Hide contents

I actually had to look it up afterwards myself as I had forgotten.

Spoiler

Last season, they had her and the suit trapped in a containment field in a warehouse or some shit. The containment field was destroyed and she was pulled back to that future time period where she had come from.

3 hours ago, JohnC said:

Hide contents

Last season, they had her and the suit trapped in a containment field in a warehouse or some shit. The containment field was destroyed and she was pulled back to that future time period where she had come from.

Is that why Burnham picked the time period she did with the wormhole jump, or was that random ? I’ve pretty much purged S2 from memory at this point.

4 hours ago, JohnC said:

Hide contents

Spoiler

Surely given they changed the future in S2, the future that Burnham’s mother was stuck in didn’t exist any more, and neither should she  I don’t know, time travel sucks  

There are multiple characters on the bridge we don't know who would presumably be better choices for first officer than Tilly, simply on the basis that they are able to do their jobs effectively without constant drama.

In fact the only crew member who would be a worse choice is the lizardman who apparently can't operate basic technology. That's a great trait for a Starfleet officer so I fully expect him to be promoted to Captain next season.

50 minutes ago, Garwoofoo said:

In fact the only crew member who would be a worse choice is the lizardman who apparently can't operate basic technology. That's a great trait for a Starfleet officer so I fully expect him to be promoted to Captain next season.

Either that or he’ll accidentally transport himself into the vacuum of space.

All this very valid criticism and not one mention of the sexy tension between Saru and the Vulcan lady? I guess it's hard to criticize something that hot. The chemistry leapt off the screen. 

If we get a sex scene between them before the end of the season I'll be willing to overlook a lot of their missteps i.e. the show will get upgraded from 'God Awful' to 'Piss-poor.'