rllmuk
Sign in to follow this  
Goose

Marvel's Luke Cage - Netflix

After a sabotaged experiment leaves him with super strength and unbreakable skin, Luke Cage becomes a fugitive trying to rebuild his life in modern day Harlem, New York City. But he is soon pulled out of the shadows and must fight a battle for the heart of his city–forcing him to confront a past he had tried to bury.

Mike Colter leads a cast that also includes Simone Missick as Misty Knight, Frank Whaley as Rafael Scarfe, Mahershala Ali as Cottonmouth, Theo Rossi as Shades, Alfre Woodard as Mariah Dillard, and the return of Rosario Dawson as Claire Temple.

Cheo Hodari Coker (Notorious, “NCIS: Los Angeles”) will serve as executive producer and showrunner of the anticipated series, Marvel’s Luke Cage. Coker is writing the first two episodes of the series that will premiere everywhere that Netflix is available on September 30.

• Upvote 7

I hope this is actually about a cage full of Lukes, and each episode a new Luke is added to the cage so that the regular crew have to come to grips with them.

• Upvote 3

Hope they keep the threat to a local level, like Jessica Jones. Both Arrow and, to a lesser extent, Daredevil unraveled when they started reaching for a world threatening scope. 

On 22/07/2016 at 14:31, Garibaldi said:

Hope they keep the threat to a local level, like Jessica Jones.

Looks very local.

3 hours ago, Vemsie said:

Sugar Bates is in it. Very cool.

Yep. Quite a twist that he took his fortune and bought a barber shop in Harlem, but I'll go with it.

Promising trailer, and very glad that (seemingly) there's no supernatural/world threatening foe. Cage is looking a bit smug in his abilities, though, hope he hasn't forgotten he was nearly killed in an explosion a little while back! 

• Upvote 1

I'm hoping for a cracking soundtrack from this, good tunes in the trailer and all of the episode titles appear to be named after Gang Starr songs

22 hours ago, Garibaldi said:

Cage is looking a bit smug in his abilities, though, hope he hasn't forgotten he was nearly killed in an explosion a little while back! 

Explosion didn't do shit to him, it was the shotgun blast to the head that put him down. 

I don't know much about his power but does he grow more invincible from stuff like the shotgun? Could that happen again?

2 hours ago, Lorfarius said:

I don't know much about his power but does he grow more invincible from stuff like the shotgun? Could that happen again?

hmm i didn't think so. Think he is just insanely powerful.

12 hours ago, Chadruharazzeb said:

Explosion didn't do shit to him, it was the shotgun blast to the head that put him down. 

Must be misremembering it. Makes more sense to me that an explosion would hurt a guy with super hard skin, as it's waves of concussive force that can ignore armour and liquify internal organs. Much like guys in those massive bomb disposal suits who can still get pulped even if they're not in the epicentre of the blast and avoid debris. 

This is getting tanned as soon as midnight hits - just got some cherry pie and ice cream in for it, and going to have that with a huge mug of tea sitting in my beanbag right in front of the telly.

Good times!

• Upvote 1

Doesn't look great from the trailers, Cage was boring in Jessica Jones, and these Marvel series have easily been 3-4 episodes too long. Gonna skip on this.

Daredevil is a miss anytime the main character is on screen but Jessica Jones was fantastic start to end. It gives me hope that any Marvel series that includes significant periods of Matt Murdoch not being on screen is bound to be good.

• Upvote 4

1 hour ago, sir shrew said:

Doesn't look great from the trailers, Cage was boring in Jessica Jones, and these Marvel series have easily been 3-4 episodes too long. Gonna skip on this.

He was far from boring, he had an interesting story and a lot going on.

12 minutes ago, Lorfarius said:

He was far from boring, he had an interesting story and a lot going on.

Everyone in Jessica Jones was boring apart from Kilgrave.

Watched the first one and not particularly impressed. Very bitty, some duff dialogue, average performances, a bit too stylised for my tastes, and the music is very overblown.

And what was with the Biggy Smalls poster obsession - apart from the crown gag? Just indulgent.

Will give it a few more, but not nearly up with the other Marvel series based on the opener.

• Upvote 1

On ‎11‎/‎08‎/‎2016 at 12:33, Ste_S said:

I'm hoping for a cracking soundtrack from this, good tunes in the trailer and all of the episode titles appear to be named after Gang Starr songs

There's a great one up on Spotify right now.

On 11/08/2016 at 12:33, Ste_S said:

Weird but I thoroughly approve.