rllmuk
Sign in to follow this  
Chindie

Marvel's Iron Fist (Netflix)

This is actually a pretty good series, even if it's only because they've realised that literally everyone in it is better than Danny. The way it ends up sets up a pretty good premise for Series 3, and I've greatly enjoyed watching Davos, Colleen and the rest of them hammer into Danny that he's a dick.

• Upvote 1

So disappointing. I wanted to see

Spoiler

Danny be able to use two fists and kick the shit out of everything through sheer determination, but no, he's just a mono-fisting flawed bad character joined with another mono-fist flawed character.

I watched the first two eps, then skipped to

Spoiler

Davos being an actual proper iron fist, then watched the last eps to see the final fight and now I'm glad I didn't watch the whole ten eps because WHAT THE FUCK, WHERE'S THE PAYOFF. Now we have another crappy iron fist who stole it from someone who stole it in the first place? Whoopdeedoo. Ironmeh no.2. Roll on series 3, Ironmeh city protection squad.

• Downvote 1

I just finished this late, and I don't understand what happened.

Davos stole the fist, at which point Danny couldn't use it anymore. Danny helped Colleen steal it from Davos, and for a while they could both use it until the ritual was complete - at which point only Colleen had it.

Danny then dumped Colleen and went to Asia to track down the source of the corpse Davos had used to obtain the fist. Cut to Months later - Danny still hasn't found the source, but now he has double fists.

Errrr... how? Seems like an important part of the story was left out there.

44 minutes ago, Darwock said:

I just finished this late, and I don't understand what happened.

Hide contents

Davos stole the fist, at which point Danny couldn't use it anymore. Danny helped Colleen steal it from Davos, and for a while they could both use it until the ritual was complete - at which point only Colleen had it.

Danny then dumped Colleen and went to Asia to track down the source of the corpse Davos had used to obtain the fist. Cut to Months later - Danny still hasn't found the source, but now he has double fists.

Errrr... how? Seems like an important part of the story was left out there.

The final scene is basically a teaser for where a third series will go.

Comic spoilers

Spoiler

The end scene references Orson Randall. He was an older Iron Fist, the first outsider to be one. He also fled K'un-Lun after having fought in WW1, getting PTSD more or less, and goes missing, which ultimately meant that, for a while, there were 2 Iron Fists, but one was hiding out as a junky in the Far East. He is heavily involved in the machinations that ultimately lead to Danny becoming the Iron Fist, and he's a pretty cool character all in all.

Randall used pistols as the Iron Fist, developing a way of fighting using both martial arts and gunfire. In the final scene, the guns Danny has are Randall's (and he's actually dressed fairly similarly to him as well).

The show has established that the power of the Iron Fist can extend to weapons (with Colleen making her katana go glowy before). It seems that Randall's chi is still imbued in his guns. I don't think Danny has actually got the power back himself. But finding Randall will probably see him get the power back.

• Upvote 1

The show’s not perfect but I still prefer it to Luke Cage. And it really seemed like it might step up a gear given how season 2 ended.

I think, ultimately, Finn Jones was miscast.

• Upvote 4

1 hour ago, Chadruharazzeb said:

Well that's not true, is it? 

I’d agree it was the best of the season 2s. The others were all disappointing in their own way.

Just finished S2 tonight and really enjoyed it. Better than S2 of JJ and both seasons of Luke Cage in my opinion so pretty annoyed to see it's been cancelled. Collagen, Ward and Mary/Walker were all great characters and I'm one of the few that actually also liked Danny. Was only really Joy that I didn't like. 

Hope they can combine this with the other shows so it's not totally gone.  

• Upvote 1