EFL Championship 2016/17

Timmo

Fulham have missed 7 penalties this season, as many as we've missed in the last 7 years combined. Need to get a striker that can take a pen in the next few days if we've got any hope of playoffs. 

Any Derby fans on here? Intrigued to see what you think of the Chris Martin debacle ?

At least you're actually getting the penalties, we just had our first of the season given in the cup against Rochdale. At least in previous seasons at this level we could say that maybe it was because we were down at the wrong end of the table and not in the opposition box enough (as much as that doesn't really excuse individual decisions) but this time around it's been almost comical. Nahki Wells could take a superplex off the crossbar and it wouldn't be given. It's hard not to start believing the old sob stories and conspiracy theories about the smaller/less fashionable clubs not getting the rub of the green, especially when the one we do actually get is when we're playing someone from a lower division. The other Championship sides without a league penalty this season are apparently Burton, Wigan and Rotherham.

Someone worked out that Reading have had more penalties this season than we've had in the last 39 months :lol:

Good game at Portman Road yesterday; we were fucking abysmal against Derby on Tuesday but, bolstered by loan players who possess the amazing ability to turn towards the opponent's goal and pass forwards, we looked pretty good. Pity we didn't hold on for the win but Reading's equaliser was pretty special - we had previously spurned a one-on-one to go three-one up! 

Tom Lawrence scored two more, and effectively our season rests on whether he stays fit, and thus we have a nice gentle mid table end, or the kicks he takes every game take their toll and he misses games, in which case we're hoping that other teams are shitter than us as no-one else looks like scoring. 

COYB!

We couldn't score in a brothel, we are the second lowest scorers in the division with 29 goals in 30 games. Somewhere in the region of £40m spent on strikers. Bizarre tactics too, someone could invent a time machine, go back and sign us the Manchester United midfield of 1998/99 and Steve Bruce would still ask the central defence to knock it long for Kodja to chase.  

Yeah that was a diabolical performance.  How the fuck can you NOT be pumped up for a big local derby in front of 27,000 fans?  Most of our lot didn't give a shit - the shape of the side was wrong, in the first half not only did we fail to have a shot, but we didn't even get it in any areas to create a chance.  I'll ignore the set piece deliveries as they were incredibly poor.

The 2nd half was better but still pretty bad but by then we'd shot ourselves in the foot.  We badly miss Cavaleiro because Costa is double marked all the time and he's our only outlet.  But things don't bode well when our right side consists of a poor central midfielder at full back and a striker on the right wing - then the left side is a crap, right footed full back and a right winger playing wide left!!  Just bizarre.

It's imperative that we graft out some results before the crucial home game with Rotherham in a few weeks because if we don't, we're in REAL trouble which is unthinkable if you remember how good we were at Anfield only a few weeks ago.

I'd be happy if I never saw Ikeme, Coady, Batth, Stearman, Doherty, Edwards or Saville in a Wolves shirt again.

22 minutes ago, dr_manhattan^ said:

Six in a row now.

Can't believe we're going down.

Billionaire owners

Broke our transfer record twice

Beat Liverpool and Stoke away

Get relegated.

Still don't think we will.  It's far from good enough, and we've got to have a SERIOUS clear out in the summer but we've got plenty of winnable games coming up that I just think the players will be slightly more focussed on!  The attitudes v Burton, Blues, Wigan etc were diabolical because I don't think they realised what a scrap we were in.  No dressing that up now.

We should be looking to beat Ipswich on Tuesday but then we HAVE to win next weekend v Rotherham.  Lose that and I'll be more than worried.

3 minutes ago, Boothjan said:

We should be looking to beat Ipswich on Tuesday ...

That's the spirit - underwhelming fare at the Portman Road draw factory today. We looked tired and slow and somehow got outwitted constantly by short corners. Seriously, every fucking corner was a short corner. And every fucking time we didn't notice. At a certain level it was amazing to watch - will we mark and close them down ... no we won't, but mostly it was just really fucking annoying. 

Anyway, we'll draw with you one all - it's what we do. You heard it here first. 

1 minute ago, SuperMBo said:

That's the spirit - underwhelming fare at the Portman Road draw factory today. We looked tired and slow and somehow got outwitted constantly by short corners. Seriously, every fucking corner was a short corner. And every fucking time we didn't notice. At a certain level it was amazing to watch - will we mark and close them down ... no we won't, but mostly it was just really fucking annoying. 

Anyway, we'll draw with you one all - it's what we do. You heard it here first. 

I'd actually take a draw just to stop the rot!!  But it's Big Mick - I don't think we've beaten him since he left!!

Slightly off topic and I know he's not flavour of the month down there for understandable reasons but I bloody love Mick McCarthy and will always be grateful for what he did for us.  Met him a few times too - absolute legend and a very funny man!!