EFL Championship 2016/17

Timmo

Good game vs Villa - should have won it; two off the line, two good (although routine) saves and hit the post all in the last five minutes. Villa need to get over their last minute nerves as they went to pieces at the end having looked reasonable up until then. 

Bishop looked the best he has all season when he came on but then was taken off again - hoping it was precautionary although he took a very heavy hit shortly after coming on. 

COYB!!!

16 hours ago, Rsdio said:

On Tuesday Wolves lose 4-0 at home and Newcastle win 6-0 away, today Wolves go to Newcastle and win. That's pretty much this division in a nutshell, I reckon.

It really is the Championship. But also, typical Wolves to be honest, it's always been like that for us. 

Having said that, it's not really fair on Barnsley to say this as they have been excellent this season. 

• 2 weeks later...

What are the odds of you sacking Di Matteo and then taking McCarthy off us? Please?

Increasingly dire scenes at Portman Road yesterday - I thought we played ok against Brighton midweek (if we still didn't score) but yesterday was appalling. We just don't look like we've got a clue of how to score unless the opposition cocks something up. Attendance is down to season ticket holders plus away fans - and a lot of the season ticket holders aren't bothering to turn up. 

The highlight of the game yesterday was when Jonathan Douglas kicked the ball into his own face. 

I think Mick would be a great shout for Villa. 

Very unimpressed with Wolves yesterday, our defence is awful and our Portuguese players haven't quite got the hang of the championship just yet. 

A lot of Wolves fans are suggesting this is a transition year, but given the investment our new owners have made and the fact that many of our new signings are on a one year loan, I think the management expect us to make the play offs at least. 

Im expecting us to come strong after new year to be honest, but we need to be in touching distance for that to matter. 

Could be worse though, we could be Villa. That should be an interesting game after the international break. 

Trollope has to go during the international break - 2 wins in 13 (12 league 1 cup) and that was against the other two tes in the bottom 3, only

scored in 5 games and no Cardiff player has scored at home.

But, what manager would be daft enough to come here with no money for players, a meddling chairman and crap wages is anyone's guess.

27 minutes ago, Nayson said:

Is anybody happy? I think we should all just agree to do what the kids of today are doing and support Barcelona on the internet. Low investment, guaranteed glory, go to see a game once every twenty years and declare yourself the biggest fan ever. :lol:

Definitely not happy with Wednesday. Not unhappy, but it's going to be hard work getting anything from this season from this point. Obviously points will be dropped everywhere, but we've not really shown anything to suggest we've got any consistency to keep up our end of the bargain. I'm not really sure what is missing either, new players are doing fine, old ones don't seem to have dropped off. It's just not getting enough points.

13 minutes ago, Plissken said:

Huddersfield fans are probably loving the season so far.

Especially now their manager is being linked with Villa.

6 hours ago, Nayson said:

Is anybody happy? I think we should all just agree to do what the kids of today are doing and support Barcelona on the internet. Low investment, guaranteed glory, go to see a game once every twenty years and declare yourself the biggest fan ever. :lol:

That's a good point.  The championship is great though, anyone can win any game, and half the league could legit get promotion :)

Yeah, I'm pretty happy.

Wagner won't be going to Villa so I don't think any of us are arsed about that. I'd be surprised if they didn't put out some feelers and we're very likely to lose him to a bigger club than ourselves at some point but I'd be staggered if he's daft enough to go there when even a top ten finish with one of the smallest budgets in the division would have better run and more stable (though perhaps not as prestigious) clubs coming to call. He young in management terms and doesn't seem the sort to risk his growing reputation in that sort of environment.

Wagner to Villa tomorrow morning then.

I'm happy we've got Warnock, but effectively we've only brought him in to stop us going down.

Squad is still shit, Tan is probably going to interfere too much, Warnock isn't interested in a long term project and having always been someone who has sang the praises of Cardiff fans - he is going to be in for a shock at the morgue our stadium has become in the last few years.

That Villa/Wolves game was absolutely unbelievable. As much as I agree that The Championship is actually a lot more entertaining than the premier league in terms of the anyone can win it/be relegated factor, the standard of refereeing has to improve. Wolves were, as the good dr says, absolutely robbed. 

Fulham seem like we threw away two points against then top of the table Norwich last night, too. Malone gives away two penalties then we came back to draw 2-2. I'm not a season ticket holder this year, last year hammered the nail in the coffin for me, but when I have been down to the Cottage this year it's clear why our away form is so much better than home. The fans just don't get behind the team. Mistakes are booed and when Chris Martin so much as blinks wrong the crowd are totally on him. Good to see he's starting to score though, it took old fat Ross McCorkmack a fair while to start scoring for us, so if Martin can carry on in a similar vein then we should be looking good for the mid table championship finish that Fulham fans have been dreaming of for the last three years.