IGNORED

Nintendo NES Classic Edition - High Score Sheet in OP

SMD

I choose it over the keyring as I thought either of my girls might want it, but both have looked at it with disgust. It's OK but very much a freebie.

The Nintendo Store is saying more of that bundle in December so hopefully they'll have some more next month: http://store.nintendo.co.uk/nintendo-classic-mini-hardware/nintendo-classic-mini-nintendo-entertainment-system-8-bit-mario-soft-toy/11333319.html

A nice little product from Nintendo I must say.  Would sit nicely with my PC setup. Not sure if its worth the money though. If it was a snes i`d be all over it.

Definitely not living room material due to short joypad cabling, unless your gonna try and hunt down a wii extention cord before everyone else has the same idea :D  

I will see what tomorrow brings haha

16 minutes ago, robotattack said:

I already have the keyring, and felt like I was missing out by not getting anything so stupidly thought the soft toy would come back in stock. :P It's good that it might come back in stock with the toy, but I think I'll get it anywhere now if I can find it. :P

There is one on buy it now on eBay for £9.95 on it's own with free postage. Although that person is profiting Nintendo have it listed for £10.99 so it's not totally unreasonable. 

So why are people queuing and fighting over a small plastic box with controllers with too short cables that plays a couple of 30 year old games everybody has already played a million times before on various platforms and which anybody with a (modded) console or PC can play and which probably get boring in 15 minutes? Are they limited edition or something?

1 hour ago, Mgear said:

There is one on buy it now on eBay for £9.95 on it's own with free postage. Although that person is profiting Nintendo have it listed for £10.99 so it's not totally unreasonable. 

I only really wanted it when it was something extra. Buying it on it's own defeats the object. :P But thanks, that's the same price they sell it for on the store anyway (when they have stock).

2 minutes ago, Napole0n said:

So why are people queuing and fighting over a small plastic box with controllers with too short cables that plays a couple of 30 year old games everybody has already played a million times before on various platforms and which anybody with a (modded) console or PC can play and which probably get boring in 15 minutes? Are they limited edition or something?

south_park____memberberries__xx_01__by_e

1 hour ago, Napole0n said:

For me it's more than the sum of its parts. A neat, small, easy to set up box that seems reasonable value for money for what it does as well as offering a nostalgia trip. As a Nintendo fan it just ticks the right boxes. The fact the controllers work on Wii is a bonus. I agree a PC or Raspberry Pi will do a lot more and I already have a self built PC in the lounge with Lakka (RetroArch) on it. Like everyone I would love to see a Super NES version.

Tecmo Bowl is still great, although the players names seemed to have been removed when players score a TD.

8 hours ago, MagicalDrop said:

Refreshingly, no. Assume this is a pisstake as there's no internet connectivity.

Hold  A+B+SELECT+START at boot and you can access a wifi menu. This connects you to the eshop where you can download more games.

;)

I kinda wish i had got one now, but i'm certainly not paying silly prices. I've played most of the games i want to play several times now so maybe ill pick one up if i ever find one cheap.

14 hours ago, Napole0n said:

14 hours ago, Napole0n said:

Makes a good xmas present i guess for people that used to have a NES? At 50 quid it's pretty cheap to relive some memories, even if it's for a few hours or so.

Believe it or not, not everyone knows how to use emulators. Some people i spoke to were amazed when i said i could play old SNES games on my mobile phone. Like they thought i was a wizard or something..

Plus, the fact it is HDMI is a bonus.

Found my Wii Classic controller so hoping to use that if Amazon get their act together and deliver. Can anyone confirm that you have to have the controller it comes with plugged in too to use the Classic? Oh and has anyone tried connecting a nunchuck to it? Wh'appen? I guess the analogue stick won't work. Maybe the buttons will.

I kind of want one now they're hard to get hold of, hah! I don't really have any kind of affinity to the NES though, or any of its games. I really hope this is the start of an ongoing series - I'll be there day one for the SNES Classic, and a brand new Nintendo-produced backlit GBA loaded with a bunch of games would be ace.

What a lovely little device. I just hooked it up to my monitor at work with a HDMI - DVI adapter. Fully powered from the USB port on the tower. I think this is going to be perfect to have set up at work for my lunch breaks.

Interesting note, when you hook it up via the USB,it is detected as hardware, not just some nameless device for power. Maybe an option for potential hacks in the future.

Capture.PNG

My main reason for getting this is to introduce my kids to videogames in a cheap, safe, easy way.  I won't have any problems with leaving them alone with this, with the worst that could happen being they wipe any save states.  Would not feel that comfortable leaving them alone with a PC or other console.

I'm also looking forward to playing it myself, of course :)

4 minutes ago, Bushtopher said:

My main reason for getting this is to introduce my kids to videogames in a cheap, safe, easy way.  I won't have any problems with leaving them alone with this, with the worst that could happen being they wipe any save states.  Would not feel that comfortable leaving them alone with a PC or other console.

I'm also looking forward to playing it myself, of course :)

I dunno, the worst that could happen is that they'll start their gaming life thinking that games are rock hard, unforgiving little moments of frustration. Buy them a second hand Wii or ideally a Wii U.

I've probably said it before but a better serous option for Nintendo to consider would be for a cheap device with on board storage which connects to the existing virtual console system and allows people to download and purchase NES, SNES, N64 games etc. Surely a box capable of doing that would not be too expensive and additional revenue could be raised even through the individual game purchases or a subscription system.  Even having a little Nintendo Netflix box under your telly, £40 a year for all you can eat Nintendo retro goodness.