Star Trek Bridge Crew VR

Fury4k

46 minutes ago, Scruff said:

I've had this since launch week but still not played it. I really don't fancy playing with randoms so if anyone fancies teaming up, I'd be very happy! :)

Happy to team up, but don't be put off by randoms. The huge majority are sensible Trek loving fans who play the game properly.
I've only had two idiots so far - one 12 year old who we threw out the airlock and an immature man-child who sat in the captains chair making waking gestures so I bailed out ASAP.

Had my first game with a couple of friends last night . We did the prologue and the first couple of missions, absolutely brilliant, can't wait to play this again :)
I streamed it so here's the link, a good half hour of that was just fannying around at the start though and one persons voice didn't record so it's quite shabby.
https://www.twitch.tv/videos/155085629

• 4 weeks later...
  • 9 months later...
11 hours ago, Benny said:

I've got it sitting at home still in shrink wrap - do people still play it? It feels like it's something that would need organising.

had it since launch, still not played it

35 minutes ago, mansizerooster said:

Who wants to organise a game of this? I'm up for it most evenings.

ok then!

2 hours ago, mansizerooster said:

Who wants to organise a game of this? I'm up for it most evenings.

I'd love to play this with some of you. Haven't touched it since launch, and only ever got to the third mission or something. Who's around on Saturday afternoon or Sunday?

I've been thinking of getting this for ages but am a bit clueless to how it works.

To play with friends do you need to have a bunch of friends with PS4's + VR headsets? If so I have an army of one.

So randoms would be the only way to go I guess? Is there a single player option? I'm not keen on the idea of bumbling my way through a game with some experienced Trekkies while I sit there like South Park's Randy trying to pass on the Sword of a Thousand Truths.

10 minutes ago, womblingfree said:

I've been thinking of getting this for ages but am a bit clueless to how it works.

To play with friends do you need to have a bunch of friends with PS4's + VR headsets? If so I have an army of one.

So randoms would be the only way to go I guess? Is there a single player option? I'm not keen on the idea of bumbling my way through a game with some experienced Trekkies while I sit there like South Park's Randy trying to pass on the Sword of a Thousand Truths.

Ideally, you'll have VR and two move controllers, but it works without VR and with a regular controller.

Single player is an option, but its pretty shit. Playing with randoms is unusually pleasant; you tend to only encounter nerdy Trek fans who just want to get in-character and enjoy playing the game.

• 2 weeks later...

We were fucking terrible at this and quite NSFW / drunk but here's the stream of our first go at this tonight.
Borg mode is ace, it's basically FTL but very heavy on engineering!
I can't stress enough how shit this looks in videos and how amazing it is being there.

• 4 weeks later...

Right, I've had a quick go of this and I like it. It looks like arse, barely PS3 quality, but the sense of presence is there.

This is the first game to make me want a PS+ subscription! It's pretty fun on your own but very awkward having to switch stations in the heat of a battle. How does this voice recognition thing work? I'd love to be able to say, "Engineering, charge the warp coils. Helm, set a course for Such-and-Such system, warp speed" but I take it it doesn't really work like that? As it stands, I had a hell of job just lining myself up to fire at a couple of pirate ships. My bridge was scorched by the end of it.

Original Series bridge is hilarious! Everything is authentically impractical coloured buttons, as if they've gone "alright, you wanted this, you bloody well have it!" :lol:

Maybe I'll give the 48-hour free PS+ trial a go once I'm slightly more confident.

Ahhh, there's TNG DLC too! This could be an expensive game!

The DLC was a bit of a downer for me. It's interesting fighting the borg and all that, but... yeah - it's messy. Borg cube seems to have zero collision detection with other objects in space at all. Me and my mate were like "THERE'S THE DOOMSDAY WEAPON! LET'S GUIDE THE BORG CUBE OVER TO IT AND SEE IF THEY FIGHT!"

No - no they did not. Instead, the Borg ship clipped through the weapon, which sat there and did fuck-all.

• 1 month later...

So I'm playing this on PS4 (non VR) because it was on sale and I'm a big Trek nerd.

It's quite fun, if bonkers. :D (On non VR each stick on the controller controls a different hand. It's amazingly comical).

I've only done the tutorials and prologue solo...but good fun.

Is online/matchmaking still active?