Star Trek Bridge Crew VR

Fury4k

5 minutes ago, Captain LeChuck said:

That's like asking if you turn up to football practice for the first time, and miss a sitter, will you get a load of grief. 

Who knows what the other players are like? 

Bear in mind, though, that many of these players have a) Had the foresight to embrace VR, and b) are almost certainly real Trek fans. The chances of running into even one abusive CoD-cunt are infinitesimal.

Edit: @Stejay

Maybe it was my wording, of course I'm not actually asking what other players will be like. I asked if it was hard because I'm imaging that if it does take some mastering, then it could be one of those games that people could get abused playing.

Real Trek fans could also mean hardcore players that take it too seriously.  Anyway, I imagine teamwork is essential, but with the actions you undertake as an individual, is it a hard game to play, or fairly light hearted but immersive fun?

2 hours ago, carlospie said:

I watched this on twitch last night, one player was full on role playing and was calling the streamer captain the whole game. It was brilliant. 

Who plays this and doesn't call the Captain "Captain"?

4 minutes ago, Dudley said:

So just to confirm there's no single player in this? 

there is a single player - where you take on the captains role and either order the other sections or manually jump into the other sections and take over.  Ive enjoyed it  - but the main game is def best played in co-op with others 

so far every game ive played with Randoms has been great - even though last night we had a captain who apparently couldn't communicate via speech and only through grunting and heavy breathing - this in turn made us change our role playing from serious trek to more full on Month Python in space!  "captain 2 grunts if you want us to go to warp! " - and yet we still carried out our mission successfully :)

22 hours ago, Captain LeChuck said:

No, Dudley, SP and MP are the same game. Playing it SP is not all that great unless you're a die-hard Trek fan. 

I am, but that sounds like something I can experience cheap.  Multiplayer with randoms is something I tend to avoid, maybe I can get a group together then.

In any case, thanks for the pointers chaps.

15 minutes ago, Dudley said:

I am, but that sounds like something I can experience cheap.  Multiplayer with randoms is something I tend to avoid, maybe I can get a group together then.

In any case, thanks for the pointers chaps.

To be honest Dudley I would be the same I prefer to play with peeps I know rather than jump in with randoms.  But the way this game works everyone has to work together no time for lone wolfs etc... and  everyone so far has been great craic to play with - peeps either role play as if the ghost of kirk has possessed them or like I said above everyone becomes the crew of the galaxy quest - either way its always a lot of fun :)

I'm going to be online tonight. Anyone up for a game?

Personally I'm halfway through the single player missions and they're not too bad at all. It's fiddly when you start tracking ships so you can shoot them down (you've got to switch between characters quite quickly) but I've not found it impossible. It's definitely amazing with others though.

• 2 weeks later...

It really relies on having a good crew to play with, but it felt very Star Trek to me. So I guess it gets better if the people do?

I would say that I haven't felt the need to go back to it recently, but I enjoyed the time I spent with it.