Star Trek Bridge Crew VR

Fury4k

I've got an ear infection ATM so don't want to use VR while that is ongoing, but soon as it's all cleared up I'll be ready and willing to man tactical and vault over my settee as soon as we're fired upon.

I haven't broken out the VR in a couple of months, but this games siren song has lured me back.  I'm hoping to be on later this evening, uPlay ID is Capp__ (thats a double underscore).

So I got stuck in a bunch of games with people awk. Hilariously one guy we could hear talking to his partner making excuses to why he hasn't done some chores whilst clearly pretending the PS4 wasn't on. 

Then when I did get in a game we had a never ending warp bug - which the other players recognised. 

Still seems top fun. 

Well I ended up playing through the Kobayashi Maru scenario with some randoms, but no-one had the foresight to hack the simulation. :(

It was fun though, and aside from our helmsman having to fight a Move controller we had no glitches either.

22 hours ago, Mogster said:

Well, on the bright side this shows lots of promise, and everyone I've played with so far has been really cool. However, all but one mission I played was cut short by a game breaking bug that stops most of the interface working after entering a new system. The same thing had been happening to others I played with too, both PSVR and PC players. We thought we'd get around it by sticking to the random missions, but the same thing happened there too. :(

Still, when it worked it was so much fun. Also at one point were joined by some guy called "Pikkard", who we immediately appointed as Captain.

Happened to me at tactical earlier. All of a sudden, I couldn't select or scan anything! 

Right, that's all the tutorials done and I like what I've seen so far of the first mission. This could be epic playing this with mates. If I'm not on your friends lists already, my son tag is Hardbattle - I promise I'm pretty much going to be inept in almost all posts on the ship. 

The only thing about this is that it's clearly a budget title. Just imagine how much more Star Trek it would feel with licensed music and appearances from even minor Trek actors. They definitely have something magical here but they haven't yet taken it all the way.

Yeah it's really weird that they have licensed the name but without any of the music or characters. Good fun last night. WIth regards to the different stations, I reckon there a lot more depth to Engineering once you get used to diverting power here and there to compensate for damage to systems. 

How usable is this game if you're slightly hard of hearing? Too many people telling at once is impossible. 

I have it but haven't opened it yet. 

That's what put me off with Werewolves Within. 

11 minutes ago, strider said:

God know. I'll have to check.

You can party chat in PSN, but for game invites its done through uplay. Its clunky as hell but I guess that's the only way you get cross play.