Star Trek Bridge Crew VR

Fury4k

I'll probably get it regardless of how much of it there is to be fair, but I'm optimistically hoping it's something I'll be able to keep coming back to without replaying the same handful of missions.

from the hour i got to play yesterday on the rift  (before they turned the servers off again) i really enjoyed it and it worked well both in single player (doing a bit of station hoping when need be) and co-op (with 3 other randomers) as le chuck said above - all sections need to work with each other as they all rely on each other to carry out there various parts so team work is a must. (the original enterprise by the way is a going to be a real b*stard to master!) 

Actually it'll be interesting to see how the cross platform stuff works. Hopefully we'll actually be able to search for each other, otherwise it might be interesting. I'm getting the Oculus version.

Polygon is the only "legitimate" site to have put up impressions so far (they haven't played it in multiplayer, so haven't given it a proper score). 

Despite its grand vistas, Star Trek: Bridge Crew comes across more like a simple mobile game than a full virtual reality simulation of space combat and exploration. I'm going to try some co-op play this week, just to see how much fun I can squeeze out of that, but I strongly suspect this game's problems are rooted in its lack of magic.

From Stevivor (???)

While Bridge Crew nails the look and feel of the Star Trek universe, its campaign is extremely limited. Only five main missions are on offer, sandwiched between a tutorial and its expanded version. While that latter tutorial is firmly rooted in Star Trek lore and amazing to play out as a fan, it’s simply not enough. Worse yet, it’s clear that connective pieces are missing between each of the campaign’s meagre set of missions, suggesting that more were planned yet weren’t delivered.

Bridge Crew — even after two delays — reeks of unfinished promise. 

I'm totally up for playing this online.  I'm not sure how the multiplayer works though?  I think you need to add people to your friends list via the UbiSoft launcher (in PC land? dunno about PS4).

Would it be better to have something attached to the first post listing everyone's ubisoft username?  Rather than scatter the usernames throughout the thread?

OMG. Had two friends still up at midnight and we ran through the first mission (PS4). It's just perfect. It's everything VR should be and everything co-op should be. We were flying a spaceship.

10 minutes ago, Doctor Shark said:

There is a worrying lack of big-name reviews for this. Mine arrived this morning, thinking of waiting on proper, non-hype impressions from here before I open it, just in case. 

Given the  "big name" reviews of Farpoint and some other VR titles, I don't put any credence in them at all now. They just review them almost completely ignoring the VR aspect. I'd much rather rely on word of mouth, or sites that have a track record of getting VR reviews right.