rllmuk
Jamie John

Days Gone - Sons of Anarchy x Last of Us

lol, the traps. I didnt use a single trap in the entire game and i cleared out every horde.

Best way to take down a horde.... face them full on, in slow motion with a massive fucking machine gun.:D

Newts are fucking brilliant and horrible in equal measure. They're like raptors from Jurassic Park. You'll have one fucking about, dodging your aim to distract you, while another one or two are sneaking up behind or to the side of you. So just as you're lining up that perfect headsh ... JESUS FUCKING CHRIST!! :lol:

• Upvote 1

You done all the army stuff? From my recollection there were only 2 points of no return. If your at the second one then your not too far. If your at the first one then your only about half way though.

Haha, I was too. The story isn’t amazing, but I felt like I was gripped... 

Spoiler

especially after getting back in touch with you know who.

theres still plenty of game left. I would say getting to the southern part of the map is about the half way point. It’s quite lengthy.

Edited by Robo_1
Hid a sentence until it can be established if it's a spoiler or not
  • Downvote 1

2 hours ago, cohen205 said:
Spoiler

especially after getting back in touch with you know who.

I really hope you're referring to...

Spoiler

O'Brian, and not Sarah, because that's a helluva spoiler otherwise... :(

Halfway point you say? Wow, game is huge. It's fucking brilliant. Easily better than RDR2, all that has going for it is the graphics and Arthur himself, everything else is average at best. I still maintain that all the media got drunk on Rockstar's fucking kool-aid with that one.*

*I've been drinking, I get opinionated when I'm drinking.

28 minutes ago, cohen205 said:

The story isn’t amazing,

Also, I will dispute this. It fluffs some stuff, sure, especially the godawful stupid intro, and I didn't like how Iron Mike was all..

Spoiler

"Never come back". That seemed out of character, and really un-fucking-fair on Deacon. 

But there's actually a lot of decent writing and storytelling on offer here, especially where Boozer is concerned. Even more so with Rikki, who's possibly the first "realistic" bisexual character in a game. Some people would maybe argue Alkibiades from Assassin's Creed Odyssey, be he's an OTT caricature. Rikki had a bit of history with Deacon, and is now with Addy, and that's it, it's normalised completely. Exactly how it should be. It's really tastefully done. 

What's struck me in this game is just how "human" pretty much all of the main characters are. I found Copeland and his love of the 2nd amendment ... yadda yadda yadda ... highly distasteful at first, but there's no escaping the fact that there are people like that. To not include that element would be ignorant. Don't even get me started on Ada Tucker...

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Kevvy Metal said:

I find myself agreeing with you. 

I may be a lot of things, but I was never a brand. ;)

Just now, cohen205 said:

Didn’t spoil anything mate...

Spoiler

You spoiled Sarah actually being alive you fucking twonk!!!

Manners my fucking arse. I may have had a few drinks, but you've posted a massive open spoiler, been called out for it, and are being a dick about it. Am I right in thinking this isn't the first time? Didn't you spoil a film for some people a while back? In fairness this could be the drink talking, and I'm thinking of someone else ... but I don't think I am...

7 minutes ago, cohen205 said:

Your a hypersensitive idiot whose had a drink. Get some sleep and reevaluate your manners.

I haven't played the game yet but would like to in the future, so I'm not sure if it's too leading a comment or not. If the game has a single obvious person, introduced early in the game who there's obviously some question about meeting again, I'd rather we be overly careful and not spoil things, so could you maybe rephrase or edit your post. If you think it's safe to say that your comment won't lead people who are early in the game to think of one specific person, then I don't see a problem with it.

Thor, if it's an obvious spoiler I get the anger, but plaese tone it down a notch, if it is a spoiler it seems to have been done carelessly rather than maliciously.

• Upvote 2

8 minutes ago, Robo_1 said:

Thor, if it's an obvious spoiler I get the anger, but plaese tone it down a notch, if it is a spoiler it seems to have been done carelessly rather than maliciously.

Sorry, Robo, you could probably do without this on a Friday night. I'll say no more on the subject ... for now.

• Upvote 1

31 minutes ago, Thor said:

Sorry, Robo, you could probably do without this on a Friday night. I'll say no more on the subject ... for now.

Ah you're alright, although I'm hoping to hop off for some VR now, so I'll leave it there, but I'd ask @cohen205 to read my earlier post and take any appropriate action. Cheers all. :)

Edit: I've spoilered the sentence in question, until there's more clarity. 

• Upvote 2

That’s fine by me. Didn’t intend to spoil anything at all. My main intention was to help Thor see where he is in the game. 

I am just getting a bit sick of Thor flying off the handle over everything, and I don’t think I’m the only one.

Theres having passion, and there’s going a bit too far, and he tends to cross that line quite often. 

I apologise if I upset anyone over this.

Thanks for editing my post above Robo_1

• Upvote 1

Thank you!

edit: This was initially at retroguy. But @cohen205 you did upset me, you spoiled that for me ...

Spoiler

literally minutes before the reveal. I was explicit with where I was in the game: just starting the military stuff. The reveal of Sarah being alive comes a bit after that, and "getting back in touch with you know who" could only ever be referring to Sarah. Who the fuck else could it be referring to, really? It's a gargantuan spoiler. 

But ... I'm willing to accept it wasn't deliberate. :hat: <- In the absence of a "shake hand" emote. 

• Upvote 3

Yeah it’s hard sometimes not to get carried away talking about the game, especially when it’s so good. I’m just past the point you are now Thor.

Definitely one of my surprise hit games of the year. Agree with the character comments too, they’re surprisingly nuanced and human, which doesn’t often happen in zombie games. I don’t really get the criticism the game received on its release- it’s a 9/10 for me. Anyone still on the fence about this should definitely pick it up.

• Upvote 2