Football Thread 2016/17

Plissken

That Premier League thing... I don't know if the shirts are going to be different from the lettering they use on everything else, it's totally possible. I don't have any inside track on the shirt biz. But the font is definitely not what the new brand uses and there's nothing in there like that number, so I have my doubts.

He isn't going to jail, they said this months ago.Under Spanish law you avoid jail for sentences under 24 months.

So they applied for under 2 years so it would be more successful for the prosecution. They've manage to convict a megastar while the megastar avoids jail.

Win win for all involved. 

Why does someone worth $200m+, scrimp on a few million dollars tax? Is he getting bad advice, i.e. the accountants claiming to be better at dodging tax than they actually were?

Bizarre isnt it and greedy. But i'm inclined to believe he didn't know much about it and its his accountants/lawyers were trying to make a few quid. Oh and his Dad.

Its just embarrassing for him more than anything and now his record will say tax fraudster forever.

Yeah, just such a needless thing to do. Sounds like his dad might not get a fathers' day card next year.

Like you say though won't really affect his reputation on the pitch, besides maybe a few defenders or opposition fans using it to try and bait him, but don't think Messi's ever been angry, except when he rage quit after the recent Copa America.

Lincoln Red Imps, the champions of Gibraltar, beat Flora Tallinn 2-0 this evening, and 3-2 on aggregate, to book a glamour tie against Celtic.

Did I say against? I meant for. A glamour tie for Celtic.

Plus it'll get them out of Glasgow on the Twelfth.

On 05/07/2016 at 09:10, Boothjan said:

Ko

Looks heaps better!!

I don't like The Money Shop being on our shirts but at the same time, I don't find it any worse than SportingBet, and that logo was fucking BLUE so it looked worse!!

Blue and orange are pretty much contrasting, and thus complimentary, colours on the colour wheel - so work! What is this madness you speak of?!

12 hours ago, Dinobot said:

Blue and orange are pretty much contrasting, and thus complimentary, colours on the colour wheel - so work! What is this madness you speak of?!

ORANGE????!  FFS man, we play in Old Gold!

Honest.

30 minutes ago, Boothjan said:

ORANGE????!  FFS man, we play in Old Gold!

Honest.

I was hoping we'd just brush over this...

It does look gold when covered in sweat though.

I wish we'd go for a gold like Arsenal's away kit personally.

On 07/07/16 at 13:38, dr_manhattan^ said:

I was hoping we'd just brush over this...

It does look gold when covered in sweat though.

I wish we'd go for a gold like Arsenal's away kit personally.

The Wolves kit is quite 'gold'.

Cm1BO0CWIAED8pN.jpg:small

9 hours ago, Liamness said:

This is incredibly tone deaf from Barcelona

https://www.fcbarcelona.com/football/first-team/news/2016-2017/-weareallleomessi-show-your-support

Up there with t-shirt gate for me.

.This is outrageous. "the campaign is encouraging all Barça fans to express their sympathy for the greatest footballer in the world"

He certainly has my sympathy. Cheating the Spanish people out of millions. Poor him. 

I hate this "oh, we all do it" mentality. That's the only way I could interpret the message of "we are all" Leo Messi. A millionaire tax dodger is not a relatable figure to ordinary people.

3 hours ago, neoELITE said:

Does that sentence mean he can't leave Spain for two years? 

As far as I understand the sentence is very likely to be suspended completely. As long as he doesn't commit any other offences, it will have no implications on his playing career.