IGNORED

Football Thread 2016/17

Plissken

Don't know what happened to Juventus this second half. Deflected goals are unlucky but they weren't in it at all. 

Big Juventus fan Mina Rzouki was going through all the European cup final losses for the club and saying that if they lose this she doesn't know when they'll win it. 

Ferdinand and Gerrard have been the blandest people around to provide analysis, I've watched the Champions League Goals show on BT instead of the individual games and Jimbo, Rafa and Julian are are in a different league to the ex pros BT Sports main coverage prefers,

17 minutes ago, Calashnikov said:

Just when you thought he couldn't even be more of a dick, Ramos (the dick) goes and does that. What a fucking dick.

And then, when you thought he couldn't get more of a dick than THAT, he produces a selfie stick from somewhere, literally three seconds after lifting the trophy, and dicks around with it on the podium.

I'd switched it off long before the trophy presentation in disgust. Really hoped Juve could have done it tonight. They're amongst the last few clubs that I personally associate with being stupendously brilliant in the pre-Galacticos era. When I saw them rip up one of my own team's greatest ever squads in back to back matches in 1995, it was a real eye-opener as to just how talented the best teams in Europe actually were. Juventus, as a club, just fucking were the Champions League to me in those days. Until Borussia Dortmund did them in a final. With fucking Paul Lambert flighting in a deadly ball for the opening goal. When football was just a little bit less predictable, and always special. Fuck.

I'll always have respect for Juventus. Done for cheating, stripped of titles, but even with that, what a haul they've got. What a journey they've been on as a club. Imagine being a Juve fan.

Sigh. I just wanted to see them do Real Madrid tonight, get one back for old football, somehow. Fuck, I dunno. Steamin. Sentimental. Ramos, though, eh? What a dick.

I think societal attitudes to racism in Spain are very different to a lot of the western world. I'm not sure why, but I do remember the Olympic basketball team doing this ahead of the 2008 games in Beijing: 

i03DGh4.jpg

It's a tiny photo, but they are all making "slanty eyes" gestures over a Chinese dragon and of course, this wasn't just an individual in the heat of the moment but a pre planned photoshoot organised by an official sponsor which was then published in a national daily newspaper for publicity.  

There is football later! With this election business I didn't even realise.

Kane as Captain too! Good job, Southgate. That takes some balls and I think it's a great idea :D

1 hour ago, JohnnyNolan said:

You could play a potato up front and make a cabbage captain and still win. This Scotland team are fucking honking.

Isn't Henderson injured?

Cracker from Giroud last night...