rllmuk
Sign in to follow this  
Plissken

Football Thread 2016/17

Good goal, I don't think Buffon would have saved it, even without the deflection. 

The Black Eyed Peas were terrible, but I watched them because one of the dancers is a friend of mine.

Mandzukic! What a goal!

Yeah, the level of quality on display here is just stunning. We're watching two European giants basically at full strength here, just sit back and drink it in.

I think Mandzukic's goal might even eclipse Zidane's volley as the best ever in a Champions League final. The build-up was lovely, never mind the finish.

Pleat suggesting Ramos needs to be careful. Isn't that every game? The bloke's missed about 483 games through suspension.

Good 1st half, lovely overhead goal by Mandzukic.

Was watching on the YouTube stream but then my Internet fucked up so switched to BT Sport for the last 5 minutes. It's like someone has came in and smeared vaseline over my TV screen, WTF is this? I know it's not HD but this isn't even standard definition. Best restart my router for the 2nd half so I can get that YouTube stream again. 

(Awesome Juventus goal)

That zipped by, the quality has been high hasn't it, rapid slick passing in tight areas, every player on both sides knowing where they'll pass before they receive the ball. Isco has been disappointing in how anonymous he's been - and seems more in danger of losing the ball because unlike the rest wants to carry it.

Modric is so elegant on the ball, and off it, the way he moves stands out even with who he's surrounded by. 

Juventus have felt on top in terms of domination of the ball. Two more goals from both leading to extra time would be great. 

I think technically Zidane's finish is hard to top. I've never seen a goal scored like it. 

i quite like Darke as a commentator. if you compare him to fucking Clive Tildesley he generally commentates, and doesnt give shit oppinion. The problem is Hargreaves is dreadful.

I think you're right about Isco, Pervent. He's trying to hard, trying to do too much. As a result moves stutter when he picks up the ball, which you don't usually say about him.

I tell you what, that is a lovely goal by Ronaldo. Modric does great, but to finish like that, on the half-volley, flicking it across the keeper, is incredibly difficult to do.

1 hour ago, Naysonymous said:

Magical football from Madrid there. I hope they stuff Juve. I like Buffon, but I can't love a club with an institutional history of cheating. 

If only they bought Ramos, it'd be perfect.

• Upvote 2