Burnley v Swansea

Chelsea v West Ham 

Palace v WBA

Everton v Spurs 

Hull v Leicester

Man City v Sunderland 

Boro v Stoke 

Southampton v Watford

Finally something more cringe-inducing than Unofficial Who's determined campaign to get himself banned.

What the fuck were they thinking?  Glad it's just Man United muppets.

• Upvote 2

What do we think that leaving the EU will mean for our top teams? Are the Europeans in future going to be included in the foreign player limits?

Well, they would have to I suppose. That would be untenable for the Premier League, so I imagine they will simply change the rule. The interesting one will be European competitions. 

The transfer system will change dramatically. It will mean a return to work permits. So clubs will only be able to sign established internationals, as that is the condition of a work permit. So Kante and Martial wouldn't have been in the Premier League last season. It will mean more British players in the lower leagues, as those middling foreign players that end up as Blackburn's back-up left back won't get work permits. Arsenal won't be able to sign up hundreds of French youth players, I guess.

As with everything about this idiotic situation, no one has a clue what's going to happen, and it'll all be made up as we go along. 

I'd imagine the FA and leagues will want to keep the status quo. While it might be better for British players to go back to work permits for EU players, the quality of the leagues would suffer. There's too much money floating round for them to allow that to happen.

Simple answer is that we don't know. Even though it is seemingly what the electorate demanded, I don't think we will get rid of freedom of movement, as it would require leaving the single market and negotiating new trade agreements with the EU, which would tank our economy. So it might mean very little.

Messi has quit internationals at just 29 and after 4 major finals lost, inc 3 in the last couple of years.

He's just rage quit hasn't he?

I reckon he'll be back once he's calmed down. 

Ha, rage quit is the perfect phrase. That said, I read others might do it too including Higuain.

Why on earth is Messi so bad at penalties? He must miss 3/10 or more.

34 minutes ago, stefcha said:

One thing I've just realised that baffles me is how come there was a Copa America last year and another one now? Is it on some weird cycle?

100th anniversary, I think

[edit]

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Copa_América_Centenario

The tournament was the 45th edition of Copa América since its inception in 1916. It was held as part of an agreement between CONMEBOL (the South American football confederation) and CONCACAF (the football confederation for North and Central America and the Caribbean) as a special edition between the usual four-year cycle, and featured an expanded field of 16 teams (an increase from the usual 12), with all ten teams from CONMEBOL and six teams from CONCACAF.

Edited by SeanR
FACT.

Great, a year in which every well loved musician/actor/entertainer is taken away from us, and we leave the EU, one of the genuine joys the world shares is watching any game Messi plays, whatever it may be, a decrease on that amount is like having great moments that could have been cease to ever exist. 

is consistently entertained by on the international stage decides to be no more too. Fine margins, Higuain tends to miss big chances when it matters. Messi's penalty was blazed over anyway but apparently keepers find it easier to guess leftfooters more. Tim Vickery talked about this, he said Maradona once missed I think it was 3 or 4 in a row. 

I think that combined with the fact he takes a lot of penalties means he has to switch it up often. It's not like Neymar and Suarez are any better. Messi can still win the world cup, and it will be all the sweeter for all the losses. He should talk to Robben, or Andy Murray, or Klopp. I think Messi will play at the top level until he is 40, I think that next stage of dominating games from deep and dictating the tempo he can do because of his efficient movement, his vision and passing range. Nothing to say it's too late for this generation. 

On 16/06/2016 at 3:06 AM, Marius said:

Finally something more cringe-inducing than Unofficial Who's determined campaign to get himself banned.

What the fuck were they thinking?  Glad it's just Man United muppets.

That's unreal, but Daley Blind has won my heart. "It's 'Blind', like 'wind'."

As insufferable as they will be next season, I'll always have this.

• Upvote 1

I can't believe the FA are even considering Gareth Southgate even if it is interim. Whens the next round of World Cup qulaifiers? October/November? Why the rush to get someone in the position now, taken some time, look at options, talk to them. Southgate is a horrible choice, stop looking for these safe yes men.

Also I heard today that Iceland has more UEFA licenced coaches than England does. No wonder there's such a dearth of talented English managers/coaches.

They need to take a step back and look at the larger problems with the England team instead of rushing through an appointment and move on like it will all be ok next time.

I don't buy into the notion of English fans expecting too much and creating pressure on the team, I don't know anyone who expects us to win stuff, we always lose early or bumble through and then lose and yet everyone always come back to cheer on the team.

Why is it a terrible idea to consult the senior players on the matter? It's not as if he's going to be picking the manager. It seems a sensible move, and I would hope they're consulting a few players.

Ex-players, perhaps. But won't Rooney (or any other senior playing pro) have ulterior motives to who he might suggest manages? Even just subconsciously. Senior players are more likely to want a manager that they are friendly with and who will likely pick them in any future team.

I don't know Rooney. He might be have some great ideas about how England and the FA should set themselves up. I guess it depends what "consulting" means, really.