IGNORED

Forza Horizon 3

Cosmic_Guru

39 minutes ago, SqueakyG said:

Going online makes me realise that I need to prepare a good garage of cars -- I still don't have a good all-terrain S1 or S2 car, so I should probably upgrade some rally cars, or what else would you suggest?

I can recommend an S1 Class Subaru rally car. It's a favourite of mine for handling on rough tracks and for controlling drifts.

27 minutes ago, SqueakyG said:

Going online makes me realise that I need to prepare a good garage of cars -- I still don't have a good all-terrain S1 or S2 car, so I should probably upgrade some rally cars, or what else would you suggest?

Last night I went to the process of getting at least two good cars in each class, one of which is AWD, and most of them upgraded to their max PI within said class. 

Mostly for Online Adventure, when the game suddenly asks you to pick a car for a class for either tarmac of off-road (or mixed) racing.

I have my trusty Lancer Evo VI upgraded to S1 for all-terrain duties.

Wouldn't bother too much with getting an all-terrein S2 car as its a supercar class - the game generally will never ask you to go cross-country in those :) (Although you could upgrade a proper all-terrain vehicle into S2 territory.)

My three favourite cars are the Barchetta for general sight seeing (just love the minimalist design of it), the Bowler for all-terrain spin point grinding on the outback coast (be sure to check out my outback championship "Requires both Spin and Pace" if you agree), and the AWD S2 Lambo which I can't remember how I obtained - I surely didn't buy it since I never accumulate more than about 600k cash (it never occurs to me to sell garage cars) - but which is a must for the speedo and 1on 1 stuff.

There are a couple of Xp boards which clearly require jumping but I can't for the life of me find one which is in the centre of the processing plant near the mine - is it underground?  I know sometimes other cars can knock them over but I can't see any debris or anything.  I got the little novelty car for the one in the garden shed (and promptly got stuck inside it).

I just love this game :wub:

May sound like a really stupid question but is there an easy way to tell whos racing in an ingame party. I know the friends list says whos playing but its not clear who's hosting or joinable etc. I've been on a bit the past few nights but can never actually tell if any Rllmuk sessions are on the go and I don't like just invading peoples games.

Basically I want to do some more racing with you guys

Double tap guide button anywhere, find someone you want to play with who is playing and if they have the aforementioned indicator (it's like 3 heads) that they're in a party click them, then join, then "see who is in the party". Depending on the answer join or pop a message asking if it's ok.

Anything social can be done on that slide in from left menu.

Get the big Jeep, do the engine conversion and upgrade it to S1. Rally suspension & dirt tyres. Take up to the desert and enjoy up to 248mph with the bounciest, softest suspension in the game. The car is some of the most fun you'll have, and certainly is a great one to rock out on drag races to catch people out.

Screenshot-Original(5).png

I'm not kidding. THAT thing will do 248mph and is still controllable.

1 hour ago, U-1 said:

Same here! The few times I've played it multiplayer have been excellent fun. If you see I'm playing feel free to throw me an invite or join group if I'm in one. I'd much rather play multiplayer instead of lonely mode.

4 hours ago, Bushtopher said:

Just found the 

Hide contents

Warthog bucket list challenge - brilliant! The music was a nice touch. Made me want a Halo themed racing game in fact :)

I'd quite like a Warthog now - can you only get it from the code they were giving away?

You can buy them in the auctions.

4 hours ago, Karzee said:

I had a look at the Leaderboard for the Speedboat event last night and, with over 417,000 players posting a time, Meatball here is 7th in the world. We have a 'Muck'er in the top 10! Great achievement, mate.

tumblr_ld1ql18xy61qee5q0o1_500.gif

Cheers man :hug:

To be fair though with your time there already was one of us in the top 10. Apologies for knocking you out and down the one spot there. Wasn't easy and took a good few attempts to get there. You had me beat through the first section with the jump over the river and on down the next bit of dirt track, I could get you back with a nice tight line round the buildings just before the next crossing going through the water, but then the boat bastards kept taking me out as I crossed it :mad:

3 hours ago, King A said:

Get the big Jeep, do the engine conversion and upgrade it to S1. Rally suspension & dirt tyres. Take up to the desert and enjoy up to 248mph with the bounciest, softest suspension in the game. The car is some of the most fun you'll have, and certainly is a great one to rock out on drag races to catch people out.

beatuptruck.img

It's also mad fun at donuts.

SYk8rYX.gif

3 hours ago, U-1 said:

May sound like a really stupid question but is there an easy way to tell whos racing in an ingame party. I know the friends list says whos playing but its not clear who's hosting or joinable etc. I've been on a bit the past few nights but can never actually tell if any Rllmuk sessions are on the go and I don't like just invading peoples games.

Just see whoever's playing the game and join (or invite into a) party :) 

I'll always invite anyone who plays this game (as far as I know) for multiplayer games - including you, U-1!

2 hours ago, SimonC said:

Same here! The few times I've played it multiplayer have been excellent fun. If you see I'm playing feel free to throw me an invite or join group if I'm in one. I'd much rather play multiplayer instead of lonely mode.

Be online more often :P

Cheers man default_Hug.gif

To be fair though with your time there already was one of us in the top 10. Apologies for knocking you out and down the one spot there. Wasn't easy and took a good few attempts to get there. You had me beat through the first section with the jump over the river and on down the next bit of dirt track, I could get you back with a nice tight line round the buildings just before the next crossing going through the water, but then the boat bastards kept taking me out as I crossed it default_mad.gif

946cf1e68eef5a6d7f627c55f7ec27ba.jpg

8) I have joined you. forcing yourself on this showcase to be slower was getting rather infuriating, but after about an hour and a half I finally have meatball beat!

1 hour ago, Karzee said:

It's the third Showcase Event you unlock ie unlock three festivals.

Yeah, I've already unlocked it. Do I go for rivals?

Woot, managed to 3 star all the PR stunts! I'd finished all but the drifts last week sometime, and back from holiday I decided to do the Dreaded Drifts. I was expecting, maybe just hoping, to get a few done this evening. But in the end, with a good tune (on the 70's Toyota Celica) it wasn't too bad. Managed them all in about an hour and a half.

Now to dare to revisit the 3 drift Bucket List events I've not done.

Had a go of the third event and after about ten attempts was well happy with my time. :D

There were a few sections I hesitated with,but with practice I'm daring to dream I can make it into the top one hundred!

Those times from SnoopZakaDaVe and Meatball are phenomenal though.

Screenshot-Original2.png

Thanks for the car tips everyone, it's giving me some focus when choosing what to buy from the massive choice. I bought the '71 Skyline and souped it up to A thanks to a recommendation here, and it's great fun.

22 hours ago, King A said:

Screenshot-Original(5).png

How did you get it up to 248mph? I've pimped mine to S1 875(ish) and it maxes out at about 180 going down a hill. Still *a lot* of fun, especially in Online Freeroam when you blast past someone in a decent Ford Raptor and they can't keep up... ;)