Sniper Elite IV (PC/PS4/XB1)

Broker

It's great, much better for having the DLC. I nearly always start off with the best intentions, sneaking about, bagging a few kills, carefully disposing of the corpses, and then something will go slightly wrong and before you know it, full on rampage.

The second level of the DLC lends itself amazingly well to mining/booby trapping every stair well, every doorway and corridor. Brutal yet hilarious.

• 5 months later...

I’ve been playing this on Stadia and am in love with it, I haven’t played one of these since the original and it’s good to see it feels just like it did back then. Really impressive environments too.

1 minute ago, ZOK said:

I’ve been playing this on Stadia and am in love with it, I haven’t played one of these since the original and it’s good to see it feels just like it did back then. Really impressive environments too.

It's one of the best shooters ever made as far as I'm concerned.

• 3 weeks later...

I finished this, and the DLC, and am now having a blast with the horde mode. What an amazing game! I love all of it, but I think it’s the thoughtfulness that’s gone into the detailed environments that is the star of the show, it’s all so spot on.

16 minutes ago, CarloOos said:

What are Rebellions’ Zombie Army games like, are they basically the same as this but with co-op and monsters?

Yes, and a lot less reliance on sniping and windage and bullet drop and the Coriolis effect.

• 3 weeks later...
12 minutes ago, Sexton Hardcastle said:

This has just had a patch for 4K 6fps on the next gen machines. Time to watch more fluid ball explosions!

I’m all for 4K, but if the frame rate has to take such a significant performance hit I’m happy to do without.

5 minutes ago, Teeohbee said:

This was an Xbox FPS boost title wasn't it?

How does that mode now work with the new update?

It was boosted to 60fps. But now you automatically get the Series version that's already 60FPS - and 4k instead of 900p or whatever - so there's no boost. Only Bone titles played through BC get boosted.

• 1 month later...

I've started playing this purely due to it having a Rewards Quest a couple of weeks ago. 

I'm loving it. 

I don't really play shooters of any description. Third and first person games give me motion sickness, so I've not played much involving guns since Doom in the 90s.

There's something about this that has really chimed with me. It's almost like a survival horror, rather than a "Hollywood action sequence" fps affair. 

I think I'm playing wrong at times, though. I seem to be blasting fools with my tommy gun a lot, which makes me think I should be a couple of hundred yards away. I've never moved a body and I don't really know what the mines and stuff are for...

Any pointers? 

29 minutes ago, ScouserInExile said:

I've started playing this purely due to it having a Rewards Quest a couple of weeks ago. 

I'm loving it. 

I don't really play shooters of any description. Third and first person games give me motion sickness, so I've not played much involving guns since Doom in the 90s.

There's something about this that has really chimed with me. It's almost like a survival horror, rather than a "Hollywood action sequence" fps affair. 

I think I'm playing wrong at times, though. I seem to be blasting fools with my tommy gun a lot, which makes me think I should be a couple of hundred yards away. I've never moved a body and I don't really know what the mines and stuff are for...

Any pointers? 

Yes, Tommy gun is really the weapon of last resort, it should be sniper>Welrod>machine gun. As a general tip, try to stop in places where you are fully concealed to watch what’s going on - you hear a sort of chime when you are well concealed.

I don’t bother to move bodies generally, but mainly booby trap them with mines etc. You also want to place mines and trip mines around the area as you go if you think that place may get some traffic as it’s fun to get kills from around the map while you are up to sneak business elsewhere.

Hide in the bushes and throw rocks to where you want the enemy to go.  Or lure them to the bushes to kill them quietly with a knife. Or, to a red flashing barrel of exploding doom. Or a truck, and then shoot at the fuel tank.

Make sure to keep marking the enemies with your binoculars, so you know where they are.