Jump to content
IGNORED

Death Stranding - Kojima at it again


Capwn
 Share

Recommended Posts

Test it with a free to play game such as Fortnite or Destiny. I found that introducing any extra lag via Airplay, Chromecast or a HDMi cable wasn’t that great. However DS ain’t very twitchy so might not be that dramatic. I don’t think you’ll get 4k unless you pay for the super top tier tho

Link to comment
Share on other sites

22 hours ago, mikeyl said:

Test it with a free to play game such as Fortnite or Destiny. I found that introducing any extra lag via Airplay, Chromecast or a HDMi cable wasn’t that great. However DS ain’t very twitchy so might not be that dramatic. I don’t think you’ll get 4k unless you pay for the super top tier tho


Okay cheers, mac screen will do I guess.

 

I’ve been trying to buy Death Stranding on the Steam store and the purchase won’t go through, the gods are conspiring against me! Or Visa.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, AstroBot said:

Has cain and rinse got any better?  Last time I listened it was so dry I nearly burst into flame.

 

It's naturally quite dry, and I think a lot of people like it for that reason. It varies from show to show, and based on what contributers are on. 

 

Personally I love it for what it is, no 'banter' or talking over each other. 

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 1 month later...

I'm back onto this and have not only finished Chapter 3 but also Chapter 4 as well, doubling my success rate of "chapters finished in Death Stranding" in a matter of hours. I've just unlocked Zip Lines and now, despite being urged on, quite fancy building absolutely loads more roads. Now I'm only on chapter 5 and am around 30 hours into the game already, is there any point in me building the roads in this area now or should I wait? I seem to be unlocking stuff that makes things easier every time I fart so does it not make sense waiting? I think I'm going to just whack a podcast on and start building because the fun is in overcoming things as I go I think, what's the deal with ziplines? I have a limit of 300m but can't see an easy way to judge how far that is/plan?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, BitterToad said:

I'm back onto this and have not only finished Chapter 3 but also Chapter 4 as well, doubling my success rate of "chapters finished in Death Stranding" in a matter of hours. I've just unlocked Zip Lines and now, despite being urged on, quite fancy building absolutely loads more roads. Now I'm only on chapter 5 and am around 30 hours into the game already, is there any point in me building the roads in this area now or should I wait? I seem to be unlocking stuff that makes things easier every time I fart so does it not make sense waiting? I think I'm going to just whack a podcast on and start building because the fun is in overcoming things as I go I think, what's the deal with ziplines? I have a limit of 300m but can't see an easy way to judge how far that is/plan?


They’re absolute lifesavers in the snowy mountain areas where you can’t fall back on vehicles to go back and forth on routes you’ve already done. 
 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 hours ago, BitterToad said:

I'm back onto this and have not only finished Chapter 3 but also Chapter 4 as well, doubling my success rate of "chapters finished in Death Stranding" in a matter of hours. I've just unlocked Zip Lines and now, despite being urged on, quite fancy building absolutely loads more roads. Now I'm only on chapter 5 and am around 30 hours into the game already, is there any point in me building the roads in this area now or should I wait? I seem to be unlocking stuff that makes things easier every time I fart so does it not make sense waiting? I think I'm going to just whack a podcast on and start building because the fun is in overcoming things as I go I think, what's the deal with ziplines? I have a limit of 300m but can't see an easy way to judge how far that is/plan?


The roads help massively with deliveries which in turn helps you get more waystations on the chiral network (particularly the ones that don’t want to join UCA initially). You need chiral network coverage on the map as you can’t build ziplines where there is no coverage. Once you drop a zipline it will show whether you’re in the 300m range of another zipline.

 

I went mad with this game and built all the roads and a pretty comprehensive zipline network to get the 5 stars in the waystations I wanted. It’s a different sort of satisfaction from both really. I liked the concept of joining remote parts of the map by road (especially the east and west parts of the map via the mountains) whereas the ziplines are all about speeding around delivering stuff. Assuming you don’t want to build every road, you’ll be able to figure out yourself where roads are pretty essential (like going over that giant’s causeway bit near the weather station). 
 

The ziplines are amazing though especially in the snowy mountains!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, mikeyl said:

This game would be so cool if you could visit each other’s Americas, Animal Crossing style, and go fuck yeah, that’s a nice piece of infrastructure you’ve built over there.

One thing about the Director's Cut version that meant it didn't really appeal to me is that there was no expansion upon these ideas (that I know of anyway), rather they threw a bunch of novelty content in, which of course is significantly easier to knock out. I was thinking how great it would be if there was more interaction with other porters. By the end of the game you could see other vans going up and down the roads you built. Instead of assigning orders to those creepy robots you could be a team leader and assign them to a group of people. If you sent them on a job that's too far/difficult there's a small chance they could die, then you might feel obliged to go collect their body for the incinerator. :(

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, Number 28 said:

One thing about the Director's Cut version that meant it didn't really appeal to me is that there was no expansion upon these ideas (that I know of anyway), rather they threw a bunch of novelty content in, which of course is significantly easier to knock out. I was thinking how great it would be if there was more interaction with other porters. By the end of the game you could see other vans going up and down the roads you built. Instead of assigning orders to those creepy robots you could be a team leader and assign them to a group of people. If you sent them on a job that's too far/difficult there's a small chance they could die, then you might feel obliged to go collect their body for the incinerator. :(

 

That's a great idea, would love to see something like that.

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 1 month later...

Just went to buy the DC upgrade for my PC install on Steam and it says the game is no longer available on Steam at the request of the publisher. I'm thinking an April fool by Kojima maybe?

 

Had 8 quid waiting and everything.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, amc said:

Just went to buy the DC upgrade for my PC install on Steam and it says the game is no longer available on Steam at the request of the publisher. I'm thinking an April fool by Kojima maybe?

 

Had 8 quid waiting and everything.

 

Nah, it was retired because the Director's Cut is classified as a separate game. I think the upgrade's on the Director's Cut page instead of the old one - though I got it a little cheaper from CDkeys.

 

It's not a patch mind, you have to download the whole new version.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, Kayin Amoh said:

 

Nah, it was retired because the Director's Cut is classified as a separate game. I think the upgrade's on the Director's Cut page instead of the old one - though I got it a little cheaper from CDkeys.

 

It's not a patch mind, you have to download the whole new version.

Cheers for that. Thought it would be offered on my existing install's store page but nothing but the message I posted about. Dug about and found a link to the new version and upgrade's own store page, buried somewhere in my original game's Steam hub.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 weeks later...

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Use of this website is subject to our Privacy Policy, Terms of Use, and Guidelines.