IGNORED

Death Stranding - Kojima at it again

Capwn

I’ve got a bit of an itch to play this after watching the Tim Rogers’ review. I think it was a PS4 release, is there much difference  playing it on a PS5 as opposed to PS4? I don’t own either so I’d have to buy a console to play it on…

29 minutes ago, ZOK said:

I’ve got a bit of an itch to play this after watching the Tim Rogers’ review. I think it was a PS4 release, is there much difference  playing it on a PS5 as opposed to PS4? I don’t own either so I’d have to buy a console to play it on…

Can you play it on PC? It's a good port.

38 minutes ago, ZOK said:

PS5 has - 

• Double the frame-rate (60fps)
  • New widescreen mode option that presents the game in something similar to cinemascope ratio
  • Altered and improved environment geometry
  • New content

Okay, that’s definitely the way to go then! Although I was looking to see if it would come to Stadia and it seems to be available on GeForce Now with the PC version, has anyone played it on that? I’ve no idea what you need to run GFN but I assume it’s going to be less investment and hassle than finding and buying a PS5?

I've finally seen the end credits roll (the final set of credits!) on PS5 and despite the last few hours going full on Kojima cutscene crazy, I think that this is actually one of the best games I've ever played. There really isn't anything else like it. It looks and sounds stunning, and I loved battling with the environment and gradually bending it to my will with new methods of traversal and new gadgets. The social strand stuff is brilliant and great fun. The only criticism I'd level at the game is the vehicle handling, which seems to be a limitation of the Decima engine as much as anything. Now I just need to go back in and do some of the directors cut stuff I missed. Keep on keeping on!

1 hour ago, ZOK said:

Okay, that’s definitely the way to go then! Although I was looking to see if it would come to Stadia and it seems to be available on GeForce Now with the PC version, has anyone played it on that? I’ve no idea what you need to run GFN but I assume it’s going to be less investment and hassle than finding and buying a PS5?

A friend of mine has both Stadia and GFN. He's a big fan of Stadia but in his opinion GFN is pretty shit in comparison, nowhere near Stadia's tech level or user friendliness. 

With a PS5 you'd be set for any other interesting game that might pop up in this generation - a generation that has just started, mind. Downside is the challenge of actually finding one though

58 minutes ago, BongoInferno said:

I've finally seen the end credits roll (the final set of credits!) on PS5 and despite the last few hours going full on Kojima cutscene crazy, I think that this is actually one of the best games I've ever played. There really isn't anything else like it. It looks and sounds stunning, and I loved battling with the environment and gradually bending it to my will with new methods of traversal and new gadgets. The social strand stuff is brilliant and great fun. The only criticism I'd level at the game is the vehicle handling, which seems to be a limitation of the Decima engine as much as anything. Now I just need to go back in and do some of the directors cut stuff I missed. Keep on keeping on!

I’m close to the end now I think 

Spoiler

Just crossed the tar pit

but I’m scared to play it in case the ending kicks in and I’m stuck having to watch 2 hours or babbling about Ha and Ka as I struggle to stay awake because it’s 1am. 

Are there any save points during the nutty chatty stuff at the end?

2 minutes ago, KartoffelKopf said:

I’m close to the end now I think 

Hide contents

Just crossed the tar pit

but I’m scared to play it in case the ending kicks in and I’m stuck having to watch 2 hours or babbling about Ha and Ka as I struggle to stay awake because it’s 1am. 

Are there any save points during the nutty chatty stuff at the end?

You've actually got a bit to go before the end game kicks in. Most of the lengthy cut scenes play out during chapter 13 and 14, and it definitely has auto save points during these chapters. There are also points where you can manual save as you're doing stuff.

1 hour ago, Mr. Gerbik said:

A friend of mine has both Stadia and GFN. He's a big fan of Stadia but in his opinion GFN is pretty shit in comparison, nowhere near Stadia's tech level or user friendliness. 

With a PS5 you'd be set for any other interesting game that might pop up in this generation - a generation that has just started, mind. Downside is the challenge of actually finding one though

Oh really? That’s no good then, Stadia quality has to be the minimum.

I don’t want a PS5 for anything else…but I’m in no hurry, next year is fine if the stock issues sort themselves out.

37 minutes ago, ZOK said:

Oh really? That’s no good then, Stadia quality has to be the minimum.

I don’t want a PS5 for anything else…but I’m in no hurry, next year is fine if the stock issues sort themselves out.

Doesn't Geforce Now have a free to access tier? Just fire up a free to play game (or if you've ever collected an Epic Games giveaway) and see how it copes. It's good on computer but the builtin android TV app is pony. 

1 hour ago, mikeyl said:

Doesn't Geforce Now have a free to access tier? Just fire up a free to play game (or if you've ever collected an Epic Games giveaway) and see how it copes. It's good on computer but the builtin android TV app is pony. 

That’s what I mean, I want to play it on the telly…but I will check it out on the laptop at least to see how it works if I can check it out for free, cheers.

I’ve finished……I think. About an hour of blabbering now. I kind of care about it all but not really. 

Currently ‘enjoying’ the third set of unskippable credits. That’s full cast and crew credits. For the third time.  Not sure what awaits me after that. More credits maybe?

Fucking hell Hideo, we love you and I really loved the game but……….just fucking hell. 

5 minutes ago, KartoffelKopf said:

I’ve finished……I think. About an hour of blabbering now. I kind of care about it all but not really. 

Currently ‘enjoying’ the third set of unskippable credits. That’s full cast and crew credits. For the third time.  Not sure what awaits me after that. More credits maybe?

Fucking hell Hideo, we love you and I really loved the game but……….just fucking hell. 

:lol: exactly my experience. It goes on foreeeeeeever and they show the credits sooooo many times. 

On 03/11/2021 at 19:11, ZOK said:

That’s what I mean, I want to play it on the telly…but I will check it out on the laptop at least to see how it works if I can check it out for free, cheers.

GeForce now works a treat in my experience. My son uses it daily on my old 2012 MacBook connected to  HD monitor and occasionally the tV via hdmi. It’s fast and smooth. We even had it running on a Amazon fire stick, but the keyboard mouse support in FORTNITE wasn’t great so he didn’t like it. It worked perfectly with switch pro controller though. I think they are even offering a 3090 powered version now if you want the ultimate performance.

4 hours ago, Totoro said:

GeForce now works a treat in my experience. My son uses it daily on my old 2012 MacBook connected to  HD monitor and occasionally the tV via hdmi. It’s fast and smooth. We even had it running on a Amazon fire stick, but the keyboard mouse support in FORTNITE wasn’t great so he didn’t like it. It worked perfectly with switch pro controller though. I think they are even offering a 3090 powered version now if you want the ultimate performance.

Thanks, I’ll try that out. I wonder if I can just Airplay it to the telly to cut out the cables? Although I read there is some expectation of a GeForce app coming to the C1 & CX, which would be perfect.

I will finish Chapter 3 of Death Stranding. One day. One day I will wake up in the morning and put my trousers on safe in the knowledge that Chapter 4 of Death Stranding is a thing that exists. I am currently 22 hours into Death Stranding having played it for 24 hours on Playstation 4.

I am 46 hours into Death Stranding and have never seen past Chapter 3. 

On 09/11/2021 at 16:43, BitterToad said:

I will finish Chapter 3 of Death Stranding. One day. One day I will wake up in the morning and put my trousers on safe in the knowledge that Chapter 4 of Death Stranding is a thing that exists. I am currently 22 hours into Death Stranding having played it for 24 hours on Playstation 4.

I am 46 hours into Death Stranding and have never seen past Chapter 3. 

It’s okay, with those hours you’re near the

Spoiler

half way mark

Spoiler

of chapter 3

16 minutes ago, Spacehost said:

It’s okay, with those hours you’re near the

Reveal hidden contents

half way mark

Reveal hidden contents

of chapter 3

Thanks to the playstation card system I have just been made aware that I am 92% through Chapter 3 of Death Stranding. I have an hour to go. Presumably rather than Chapters it means Acts and I am at the end of the game?

• 2 weeks later...

Regarding this, I had a look at GeForce Now as a way of playing it and frankly I’m mystified, I thought it was like Stadia but it isn’t.

I need to buy the game on (I think) either Steam or Epic store, then somehow I can access it via GeForce and play it, is that right?

But it seems that if you want it in the best resolution GeForce can’t do that yet, it’s a coming service?

I guess I would be playing it on my MacBook (and it seems I can plug my Stadia controllers into the Mac so that’s cool), does anyone have any experience of using something like this on a tv via airplay? It wouldn’t be the end of the world if I was playing it on the mac screen but the telly is better. I’ve played iOS games by airplaying to the screen and couldn’t detect any significant lag, but I don’t know if what I’m proposing would be just the same or it’s different due to the nature of what I’m airplaying.

Any help untangling this gratefully received!