IGNORED

Death Stranding - Kojima at it again

Capwn

58 minutes ago, Parappa said:

bollocks! 

And you can't transfer it if you have any open orders and some can't be cancelled!

What transfers over from Death Stranding on PS4 to PS5, and how to address the Open Orders issue

The above steps are pretty straightforward, with the only snag to do with any Open Orders being available which will prevent you from uploading your save.

The most obvious solution is to complete them, but that might take a while. Though not apparent at first, you should be able to cancel most Open Orders within the Quest area of the game. Not all can be cancelled however - such as any tutorials for new tools or structures you may have picked up and not completed during the course of the story. Once you have completed these, and have a clear roster, then a save upload is possible.

When you do upload you save, you'll be given a long list of things which do and don't remain, which are in a gallery of screenshots below. Otherwise, here is a summary of what this includes, if you prefer to read up ahead of time, or simply want the highlights:

Story progress, memory ships and rewards will all carry over.

• Cargo not carried by Sam or in private lockers will be lost - that includes anything in postboxes, safe houses or in the field.
  • Shared online content - including structures and vehicles - will be lost, as the game will pull data from a new server. (This is likely because the Director's Cut has "some terrain data has been updated"). However, anything you have built - including signs, cairns and golden toadstools - "will be redeployed" when you approach their locations. Anything that clashes with terrain changes won't.
  • Paths you have created will remain but no longer shared.
  • Information on players you have formed Bridge Links or Strand Contacts will be lost.

From what I saw last night it looks and runs really nice.

Had to set brightness to 1 to get the hands to disappear and bumped hdr to 55.

the widescreen mode looks and runs great but it’s almost too distant. I think I’m happy with quality mode at 4k with a handful of drops. You know sometimes I like frame rate drops.

1 minute ago, catinthehat said:

I transferred over my PS4 save, just in case I wanted it after I'd deleted the PS4 version.  Loaded it up and popped 46 trophies instantly.  :D

I had that too! Double the trophies, half the effort.

Absolutely lost in this once again. I don't know how or why its so compelling.

There is something so very simple and gratifying in finding a path from A to B and delivering goods to a happy client.

I'm almost up to the point of my 33 hour PS4 save in just 19 hours play on PS5. Which is kinda worrying given the fact it was released yesterday. 

Its a truly remarkable game, if only for the fact there's nothing else quite like it out there.

Yeah this game shines on PS5.

Playing in quality mode and it’s been absolutely solid.

I do fecking hate the alert sound when someone calls and I’m getting fed up with people chiming in, just leave me alone for a bit.

Using the ps5 card system for trophies too, that’s a feature that’s starting to show its value.

22 minutes ago, Parappa said:

For some reason my PS4 save is non existent in the cloud.  FFS. 

Have you exported it from the PS4 version yet? It's not one that's automatically saved to the cloud, has to be done manually within the game and only if you have no pending orders

42 minutes ago, Hawklord said:

Have you exported it from the PS4 version yet? It's not one that's automatically saved to the cloud, has to be done manually within the game and only if you have no pending orders

I have fired up the ps4 version on PS5 so no local save available but it's also not in my cloud saves. Which has proper pissed me off!