Death Stranding - Kojima at it again

• 4 weeks later...
2 hours ago, layten said:

Yodel delivery simulator (sorry an eldritch abomination ate your amazon parcel) is getting DLSS on the PC. https://www.nvidia.com/en-us/geforce/news/death-stranding-pc-partnership-dlss-2-0-trailer/

Which means that Horizon will likely also have it as they share the same engine.

Death stranding on an ultrawide with all the bells and whistles will be absolutely stunning . I really hope PC peeps buy this and enjoy it . I absolutely adored it .

I had to bite my fucking hands to stop from using my credit card when this came out on PS4. Loved the look of it from the moment I saw that weird trailer with del Toro under the bridge. I had too much other stuff on the go that kept me from a purchase and then it gets a PC release so held off. Now it's almost here for PC and I can't wait to play its craziness in maximum splendour.

4K monster Energy chugging splendour.

On 01/07/2020 at 20:21, amc said:

I had to bite my fucking hands to stop from using my credit card when this came out on PS4. Loved the look of it from the moment I saw that weird trailer with del Toro under the bridge. I had too much other stuff on the go that kept me from a purchase and then it gets a PC release so held off. Now it's almost here for PC and I can't wait to play its craziness in maximum splendour.

4K monster Energy chugging splendour.

Just a heads up: it costs about £20 more on steam than on the Epic store. Apparently on the steam version you get amazing pre-order "bonuses" like golden sunglasses and a golden cap...totally worth the £20 right?

15 minutes ago, Stevie said:

Just a heads up: it costs about £20 more on steam than on the Epic store. Apparently on the steam version you get amazing pre-order "bonuses" like golden sunglasses and a golden cap...totally worth the £20 right?

its listed as 54.99 ( 0_o )on both...

1 minute ago, 5R7 said:

its listed as 54.99 ( 0_o )on both...

Thats funny, I recently bought it for 40 something and the last time I checked it was 60 something on steam. (But I'm sure you are right)

Well, I'm in for a laugh. 

Didn't play it on PS4, but have watched (and enjoyed) a run through of the thing, so I know what to expect. I'm really more interested to see how the Decima engine performs on the PC - by all accounts it's a bit of a treat, but we'll see what happens. 

I've also grabbed this for PC, and have managed to dodge all spoilers thus far about the game - which was actually surprisingly easy, actually. Completely failed to purchase it on the PS4, and have now decided that the best place to do digital jobs for digital people is the same screen that I do my actual job.

What I'm hoping for is a relatively slow paced wander-around-and-explore-things game, which I'm pretty certain this is, actually.

Still preloading after I realised that I fluffed up ordering on CDKeys somehow - I'm fully expecting to be finished downloading at 3pm today, and with Steam's unlocking process I should be done by... 9pm Friday, probably.

I'm looking forward to this, however - not sure if it's because of a Kojima game that is distinctly light on stealth, or because I somehow get a perverse joy out of the gameplay loops of vanilla No Man's Sky that I'm greatly interested in just pratting around with hiking in exoskeletons. At the very least, it sounds like a workout that my graphics card deserves after months of easy living on 2D stuff.

I'm well jealous of those who will be playing this for the first time. I played it pre-lockdown, and now, post lockdown I'm pretty sure Kojima is a fucking Soothsayer or something. Anyway enjoy, it's fantastic and weird as hell.

3 hours ago, Lying Cat said:

I've also grabbed this for PC, and have managed to dodge all spoilers thus far about the game

Same here. I have no idea what this game is about and everything I know is from the trailers. 

14% downloaded right now, looking forward to playing this, I hope its something magical. 

1 hour ago, Stevie said:

Same here. I have no idea what this game is about and everything I know is from the trailers. 

14% downloaded right now, looking forward to playing this, I hope its something magical. 

I don’t know about magical but I do know that It’s a very, very strange game. 

It has a very distinct atmosphere that’s for sure.

I think the idea surrounding the story is fantastic, and whilst watching the run through I was never bored and wanted to keep on watching, but I think Kojima cannot write to save his life, and needs someone to actually sit down with him and tell him that. He also needs to understand that using words in english just because presumably he thinks they’re cool does not make them so.

’DOOMS’

Fucking hell.

Anyway, what can’t be denied is that he makes really fun gameplay mechanics, and that helps a whole load, and I’m glad I’m finally playing it. It’s a worthwhile endeavour!

I’m glad 

This is the first Kojima game I've played since MGS uhh....3 I think and the radio chatter is already giving me PTSD. 

Spoiler

SAM THIS IS DIE HARD MAN!

I'm still loving it though. 

11 minutes ago, Triple A said:

Well this is pretty great on PC.

Was hoping for some more detail on the character models, but nice job overall.

They've all got a little bit of a rubbery look to them - but the eyes are wonderful! And the hair strands (Hair Stranding?) are great too.