rllmuk
Capwn

Death Stranding - Kojima at it again

Ok, got myself the platinum, finally. So many timed deliveries to do because I avoid the heck out of them. The time on the clock, ouch. :lol:

Spoiler

288070619_WhatsAppImage2020-03-01at04_06_52.thumb.jpeg.0207c29cca9293563ca6f010a9c5c222.jpeg

I would be interested to know the highest possible altitude in the game...I maybe could've gotten higher if I placed a zip, but I was out of bandwidth. :doh:

• Upvote 5

On 28/02/2020 at 14:27, gospvg said:

I've paused on chapter 5 to go back and try and get everyone to 5 stars. The obvious Pizza guys is going to be the toughest.

That one is actually quite easy.

Spoiler

It's only 4 mission. And the final one unlocked for me after I finished the main game. And since I, by that time, had build al the roads and a zipline network, it was quite easy to finish. 

Only one of the missions is a bit annoying since you have to carry a bottle of champagne by hand, so have to do the delivery on foot. But equipping a speed skeleton and putting a elastic band around L2 on my controller helped. 

Holding buttons with elastic bands...c'mon man. :lol:

On the off chance it was just announced and people don't know already, Death Stranding is coming to PC on June 2nd!

Absolutely no idea what's going on with the Half Life references. Coming to Steam I guess?* Photomode looks sweet. Patch it into the PS4 version plz.

*Oh it says Steam and Epic in the bottom right. I wonder if Epic Store players will get Fortnite themed items? :unsure:

• Upvote 2

Zip Lines really do make the game much easier, Hated going to the Wind Farm now it’s a breeze.

Spoiler

• Upvote 2

Couldn't resist going for that final prepper before starting the FFVII demo, and I five starred him! Went quicker then I thought.

Now tempted to Platinum te game. I played through on normal difficulty though. 

2 hours ago, Aurelius said:

Couldn't resist going for that final prepper before starting the FFVII demo, and I five starred him! Went quicker then I thought.

Now tempted to Platinum te game. I played through on normal difficulty though. 

I’m going for the platinum you need the higher ranks on the standard deliveries. I don’t think there are any other trophies linked to the difficulty.

You can change the difficulty in the options menu without restarting the game, fortunately.

Switching to hard really doesn't make a great deal of difference...

Spoiler

...from what I can tell the timefall degrades your cargo and structures a little faster, there's more mules/terrorists about who are more robust, and Sam less so. Other than timefall, you generally avoid all that anyway. *Edit* Forgot to mention BTs. I think they might be more numerous, and catchers with more HP.

The platinum isn't hard at all, it just takes a lot of time, basically.

It's not a difficult platinum, the deliveries don't really get harder by raising the difficulty (and even the ones that do involve combat with Mules you can cheese by clearing the area on easy then bumping the difficulty back up to do the mission) as it gives you multiple ways to combat the effect of timefall as the game goes on, plus if you're putting zip lines in place it basically puts the game on turbo. It is a grind though - getting some of the five star ratings and getting all categories of delivery to level 60 is a slog.

I think I have everything but delivery speed over 60 already from going through the story.

Yup, delivery speed was the last one for me to max out. It was lagging way behind. Even after I had gotten the trophy for 20 Legend of Legends deliveries in all categories, I had to do a bunch more time-focused deliveries.

I wish this game let you stealth your way up to a bunker and leave a 'sorry you were out' card.

• Upvote 1

Delivery time was the grind for me as well, plus some of the contacts took a while to level up. The delivery speed category was also the only category I'd fail to get a top rating on with any regularity. Some of them are actually fairly awkward (most of the mountain deliveries with large payloads were pain in the arse to the extent I largely avoided them).

On 18/03/2020 at 11:37, Unofficial Who said:

Me last year "What a bizarre metaphor about social isolation in the age of the internet."

Me today "Oh."

Kojima’s incredible restraint in not (as far as I can tell) tweeting us all his hot takes on this has been remarkable.

I was listening to some of the suites in the OST this past week and reflecting on how it’s also a deeply optimistic game though. It leaves you on a note of striving to exist in the knowledge that everything is transitory.

• Upvote 1

Just a heads up, the 1.12 update has brought the photo mode of the upcoming PC release to the PS4. Kojima spoils us.  Now, everybody get cracking with some gorgeous landscapes and action shots (before the PC crowd move in and do it better) :hat:

• Upvote 1

I've reached the (mid to late?) bit in the game where you

Spoiler

defeat Higgs and the giant man thing. And now I have to make my all back to the originial HQ.

Without spoiling anything, how long have I got to go until I finish?  I want to wrap it up ideally.

You’re in the end-game now. Make a thermos of coffee and some sandwiches though.

• Upvote 2

26 minutes ago, Alex W. said:

You’re in the end-game now. Make a thermos of coffee and some sandwiches though.

Are we talking more cut-scenes than gameplay if I just stick the main quests and avoid sideline deliveries?  I'm fine with that, just want to make sure I pick the right time to play it.

Completed this late yesterday, last hour was mainly cut scenes.

I know it’s not everyone’s cup of tea but I really enjoyed it & love the soundtrack (Low Roar is my most listen to band the past couple months).

That last chapter :( BB’s Theme.

Just need to finish off collecting the memory chips to get the platinum.

Spoiler of late game cutscene but this one line of dialogue sums up the game perfectly!

Spoiler

• Upvote 5

Twitter’s most gentle-hearted story structure snob has stated a play through of this and captures the in-the-deep-end madness of the opening hours very nicely. Spoilers in the thread of course.

• Upvote 1

Picked this up in the Days Of play digital sale. Not sure what I’ll make of it but looking forward to trying it out. Just want to finish FF7 first.