rllmuk
Capwn

Death Stranding - Kojima at it again

3 minutes ago, Wroth said:

To Edge knot city? How? You don't mean Lake knot or Mountain knot?

Ah, yeah, lake knot.

Yeah, building zip-line networks was the best part of the game, for me, closely followed by building roads. Finding *just* the right spot for your zip-line at the top of a mountain or other area with the perfect vantage point was brilliantly satisfying.

Like @Alex W. , the PCC Lvl 2 was definitely my most-used item.

• Upvote 2

Building them is admittedly a bit of work, (which I guess is the point, kind of) but when they’re built it’s makes the game a lot more fun. 

I assume that’s what Kojima was going for. You can have fun, but first you work for it, or something. I dunno. But yeah zip lines are great, as are the roads when fully restored. 

Also the ... 

Spoiler

All terrain skeleton 

... helps tremendously when finding places to put your structures. 

• Upvote 2

Ok, so was very much enjoying this

Spoiler

huge BT and Higgs kicking encounter

then took a dire turn again. Dear god, the writing is appalling and hilariously bad in places.

Spoiler

Princes Beach and the baywatch intro bit anyone?!  :lol:

Anyway I’m now heading back East…

• Upvote 2

I cringed so hard at that part mentioned in your spoiler. It was like watching an episode of the office.

9 minutes ago, cohen205 said:

I cringed so hard at that part mentioned in your spoiler. It was like watching an episode of the office.

Oh god, totally. :facepalm:

And true to source material he has issues balancing when fully loaded.

On 06/02/2020 at 16:20, Strafe said:

23 hours ago, jonamok said:

That is amazing.

92676E2C-49CF-4FF7-B602-CEE583EF9DF3.jpeg

I'm a big fan of nendoroids and DS, so this should be high on my list, but the eyes just look off... Don't think Reedus' face is a match for the sd style. They should've just re-released Ludens as a regularly sized nendoroid imo.

1 minute ago, Keyboard Koala said:

I'm a big fan of nendoroids and DS, so this should be high on my list, but the eyes just look off... Don't think Reedus' face is a match for the sd style. They should've just re-released Ludens as a regularly sized nendoroid imo.

There’s a proper Figma in the works (just grey prototypes currently). I’m not a huge fan of Nenderoids though I managed to collect every (bar D.Va) Overwatch one there is.

But I’d have to display it lying face down, with the boxes scattered before him.

• Upvote 3

Question about Chapter 3 orde (Craftman toolkit) 

Spoiler

Ran into BTs and triggered a 'boss' battle with a Squid thing. Halfway through I notice Sam is wearing a lifesaver around his neck and it's gone when the battle is over. 

Also, there was a grey figure throwing me grenade cases during the fight. 

Is this because I'm playing on Easy? 

I don’t know about the first thing but the second definitely happens on the higher difficulties. It’s a normal part of the “players help players” kind of thing the game does.

• Upvote 1

37 minutes ago, meatbin said:

Question about Chapter 3 orde (Craftman toolkit) 

Reveal hidden contents

Ran into BTs and triggered a 'boss' battle with a Squid thing. Halfway through I notice Sam is wearing a lifesaver around his neck and it's gone when the battle is over. 

Also, there was a grey figure throwing me grenade cases during the fight. 

Is this because I'm playing on Easy? 

Spoiler

What’s the lifesaver? The thing that inflates when you’re in the water? You have that all the time.

1 hour ago, Alex W. said:

I don’t know about the first thing but the second definitely happens on the higher difficulties. It’s a normal part of the “players help players” kind of thing the game does.

Ah cool, thank you. Lovley touch. 

48 minutes ago, Strafe said:

Reveal hidden contents

What’s the lifesaver? The thing that inflates when you’re in the water? You have that all the time.

That's what I mean yeah, I was just surprised to see it, and thought it may be aiding my easy play through. A bit like the Chicken Hat in MGSV. 

One more question... 

Am I at risk of messing up if I donate most of my metals, crystals, ceramics etc to other players creations like roads and bridges? 

I sunk a load of metal and crystal into someone's road, and then realised I'd donated about a sixth of what was needed. Did I waste a load of collected resources or is this fine? Chapter 3.

7 minutes ago, meatbin said:

One more question... 

Am I at risk of messing up if I donate most of my metals, crystals, ceramics etc to other players creations like roads and bridges? 

I sunk a load of metal and crystal into someone's road, and then realised I'd donated about a sixth of what was needed. Did I waste a load of collected resources or is this fine? Chapter 3.

It’s been a while since I played it but I don’t think it’s possible to run out of stuff. I ended up with a ridiculous amount of stuff midway through the game.

6 minutes ago, meatbin said:

One more question... 

It's not a waste, no - the game keeps track of how much has been donated in total, so you can always add more materials to it later if you want to actually build it.

I never really got roads in this game: at the beginning, there were a couple that had been created here and there, but I had to make the majority of the ones I used myself. There were bridges and ziplines all over the place that other players had created, but never any roads.

Sometimes people finish off your roads, but you have to donate at least a little. And IMO there is no point starting on a road until the auto-paver is in an area covered by the Chiral Network so other players can help.

• Upvote 2

Zoomed all the way back across the continent to Capital Knot City in a big red truck and just defeated the big

Spoiler

fish

. Then saved. 

Story mode has been really great. I’ve just been nailing two or three levels at a time from it, every few weeks. I don’t want it to end. I recognise that the whole idea of Mario Maker, effectively, is never-ending Mario levels on tap, but the user content rarely comes near the Nintendo standard. Still, it’s a great fucking game and a good mix of both worlds.

• Upvote 5
  • Empathy 1

6 hours ago, Calashnikov said:

Story mode has been really great. I’ve just been nailing two or three levels at a time from it, every few weeks. I don’t want it to end. I recognise that the whole idea of Mario Maker, effectively, is never-ending Mario levels on tap, but the user content rarely comes near the Nintendo standard. Still, it’s a great fucking game and a good mix of both worlds.

I thought the sudden appearance of Death Stranding-themed Mario Maker levels mid-way through the game was a tad too incongruous, myself, even for Kojima, but I'm glad you enjoyed them.

• Upvote 4

I need a gif of Mario throwing a shell at Sam and all the parcels falling off like Sonic’s rings now.

• Upvote 4

I just got the 

Spoiler

BT gun but how do I use it? I tried to shoot a BT and failed attracted the attention of everyone & went swamp running!

Spoiler

It does a bit of damage but it takes a lot of hits to “kill” a BT and isn’t very stealthy. I only use those against BT bosses (“Catchers” apparently).

• Upvote 1