rllmuk
Capwn

Death Stranding - Kojima at it again

I mentioned this already, but my days is this thread nice compared to some quarters of the internets. I don’t think I’ve seen such a slew of rage against a new ip since the launch of No Man’s Sky:blink2: 

• Upvote 2

Well just managed to build my first bridge to help people across the river over near the DC that has the delivery mission to the wind farm.

For those wondering once you have used the PCC to lay the bridges foundation then you need metals to complete. Also you need to press and hold the option button to bring up the menu for the bridge construction. It doesn't state anywhere you have to press and hold the button. Had me confused for a bit as obviously tapping the button brings up the map screen. :)

Also found a rope handily placed as well as a couple of ladders on one delivery left by other people and got a note to say that someone had used my path to the windfarm?! Guessing the game shares your routes with others too.

Loving the social strand aspect of this! :)

• Upvote 2

4 minutes ago, CS2x said:

I mentioned this already, but my days is this thread nice compared to some quarters of the internets. I don’t think I’ve seen such a slew of rage against a new ip since the launch of No Man’s Sky:blink2: 

:D

Not sure what is wrong with some people it's not as they are being forced to buy and play the game! :D

I'm really enjoying this. Just about to get my first bit of transportation. Should make moving through the world a bit quicker! :)

• Upvote 1

Ha, I just met (spoiler for a celebrity who plays a very minor character in the game)

Spoiler

Conan O’Brien! 

:lol:

Been playing this literally all day and am up to about 30 hours now. Just gets better and better and I double down on everything that I waxed lyrical about last night. Masterpiece.

• Upvote 3

Really like the Hiking Simulator aspect, but I do feel like everything else is getting in the way. The story, the stealth, it constantly makes me think, “just imagine Everybody’s Gone to the Rapture or Proteus with just this little bit more gameplay”. I guess it just comes with the Kojima-territory. During the third hour I was getting angry MGS2 flashbacks, so thank god I could simply walk it off. 

Also, invest in two rubber bands for L2 and R2, because why would you ever let go of them?

• Upvote 1

It's just so at odds with itself. In this post, post apocalypse where society has completely crumbled I just necked a can of Monster and delivered a pizza.

It is growing on me. I can make a bike now and have a weapon of sorts. It's just a weird game. I'm glad it exists but hmmmm.

Yup GOTY territory for me . Utterly unique and absorbing .

Not had any problems with trike handling . I mean it’s not gran turismo I, but as long as your are still careful how you ride it , it’s utterly invaluable .

• Upvote 2

Think I’m approaching the end of the third chapter, and it’s still hitting with great moments of isolation, tension and excitement. Managed to participate in a road linking up a great big stretch of the second area, started getting some Legend deliveries and hit something like lvl 150 for my character. 

GOTY contender definitely. 

• Upvote 2

Are all of the roads in this player-built?  And if so, is the system perpetual enough that you could conceivably have highways criss-crossing the entire map making all the deliveries infinitely easier than they were for the first people to play the game?

The game hasn't really explained the private locker well to me, I'm still confused. Do private lockers;

a) store stuff in THAT locker only

b) store stuff in all Bridge terminals in the entire region

c) store stuff in all bridge terminals AND postboxes in that entire region

d)store stuff in all Bridge terminals everywhere in the game

e)store stuff in all bridge terminals AND postboxes in that entire game

I would guess it's C but I'm not 100% sure?

C I think.

I just got some leg things. I was expecting the sprint function to be super quick but it;s not.

I gotta say, I don’t have a problem with the fetch quest business I’m enjoying it. I like the enemy design, just wish there was a better arsenal to deal with them

12 minutes ago, Capwn said:

The game hasn't really explained the private locker well to me, I'm still confused. Do private lockers;

a) store stuff in THAT locker only

b) store stuff in all Bridge terminals in the entire region

c) store stuff in all bridge terminals AND postboxes in that entire region

d)store stuff in all Bridge terminals everywhere in the game

e)store stuff in all bridge terminals AND postboxes in that entire game

I would guess it's C but I'm not 100% sure?

The answer is a)

Items stored in a private locker are stored in that specific location only. 

Would render the entire purpose of the game pretty pointless if cargo could magically transport itself everywhere... :P

The purpose and value of private lockers becomes clearer as you get further into the game. You’ll be criss-crossing the map and building up a good stock of items, weapons and gadgets as you go, but will often return to the same location and stock up/change your loadout.

I was a bit confused at first too by the various lockers and postboxes and entrusting lost cargo to other players, but it comes to make sense after a while. It’s actually a pretty cool system as it forces you to make decisions on just how much you should take out with you at once and on more than one occasion I’ve bitten off more than I can chew and paid a heavy price (quite literally).

• Upvote 1

11 minutes ago, Harrisown said:

C I think.

I just got some leg things. I was expecting the sprint function to be super quick but it;s not.

I gotta say, I don’t have a problem with the fetch quest business I’m enjoying it. I like the enemy design, just wish there was a better arsenal to deal with them

Keep playing. You’ve barely scratched the surface and there are loads of new toys, upgrades and gadgets coming your way with which to tackle the game’s various challenges. You won’t be short of options, trust me.

35 minutes ago, pinholestar said:

The answer is a)

Items stored in a private locker are stored in that specific location only. 

What if I forget which private locker I put a specific item in? 

5 minutes ago, Capwn said:

What if I forget which private locker I put a specific item in? 

You can open the map, hover over each location and press X to view any cargo stored there.

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, pinholestar said:

Ha, I just met (spoiler for a celebrity who plays a very minor character in the game)

Reveal hidden contents

Conan O’Brien! 

:lol:

I saw the behind the scenes video on YouTube for that, and thought it was just a joke! Didn’t realise they would actually be in it!!

Video in spoiler.. 

Spoiler

I think - aside from the whole Monster thing - the only thing that feels slightly off is that the world seems too empty of life. I can understand it to a certain extent when you're out delivering products and all that stuff, but when you get to the cities they also feel absolutely devoid of people apart from the recipients of the packages you're delivering and old Die-Hardman.

Is this explained anywhere, or am I just resolved to come to terms with this...reconnecting america is all well and good, but I'm wondering if there actually are fuck all people to connect with :p 

17 hours ago, Alan Stock said:

One thing I never picked up on - but is really cool - is the dirt paths carved out in the grass around delivery stations, which I thought were part of the environment but actually seem to be affected by where players are going. So there's a dynamic path system in the game determined by player footfall, how cool is that?

That pretty cool, we had the villagers in Black & White 2 wear desire paths into that grass.  It’s an effective thing, AI pathing will tend to take similar routes so will wear their own visible paths, player will gravitate towards existing paths so again things will be reinforced. 

• Upvote 1

Quick question re my trike

Spoiler

Do I get New one at Port Knot at some point. I’m selflessly building roads without a vehicle at the moment. 

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, JoeK said:

I think - aside from the whole Monster thing - the only thing that feels slightly off is that the world seems too empty of life. I can understand it to a certain extent when you're out delivering products and all that stuff, but when you get to the cities they also feel absolutely devoid of people apart from the recipients of the packages you're delivering and old Die-Hardman.

Is this explained anywhere, or am I just resolved to come to terms with this...reconnecting america is all well and good, but I'm wondering if there actually are fuck all people to connect with :p 

Spoiler

Everyone lives underground apparently

• Upvote 1

16 minutes ago, moosegrinder said:

Everyone lives underground apparently.

I'm assuming that got explained somewhere really early on, but I must have missed that. It makes sense though. Underground bunkers would ensure no exposure to timefall. No timefall, no BTs. 

Just now, Thor said:

I'm assuming that got explained somewhere really early on, but I must have missed that. It makes sense though. Underground bunkers would ensure no exposure to timefall. No timefall, no BTs. 

I've only watched videos with minor spoilers at best so I'd assume so. I'll edit it anyway.