shirubagan

Steep (Ubisoft openworld, snow, ski & wingsuit)

Missed Ubi's conference yesterday, but caught up with this today. It looks like it has a lot of potential, but then again, Ubisoft.

I don't think I've played a decent snowboarding game since Amped on the OG Xbox. (I don't even know if there have been any apart from Amped 2).

Side note: Is it just me or is that logo utterly awful?

Beta codes here:

http://www.steepgame.com/redbull

• Upvote 3

1 hour ago, Cosmic_Guru said:

Well, it's utterly (possibly ironically), flat.

There ya go fixed it :)

One of the most interesting games for me so far. Loved 1080 and Amped and like the fact it's not OTT silly trick combos and costumes

mock.jpg

This looks perfectly up my street.

(Could only be improved by removing all the snow and adding bicycles, but I can live with it as is :P)

Hoping the mountain is truly open and you can go find any lines you want, that will truly be breathtaking :wub:

I registered about 15 seconds after they mentioned it in the conference! 

Looks lovely as a chill out game.  

Though that gopro cam is intense! 

Has anyone else successfully registered? I'm in (apparently), but the website seems broken - it won't let me proceed to the NDA page.

OMG how did I miss this, it looks incredible, I'll get it just for the snowboarding alone but with skiing, paragliding and wingsuit as well I just hope it delivers. Please be good.

It's at its best played with friends all mucking about on the mountain. I'm not sure what's in this version but one thing that's really amazing is the whole mountain is loaded so you can instantly teleport anywhere on it. Even better as a friend does a run you can use the mountain viewer and zoom in and watch them in realtime. It's very impressive.

• Upvote 1