Hexx

Spider-Man PS4 - Insomniac swings into action!

You can definitely dodge their shots.

I played the first DLC episode today incidentally, and enjoyed it. It didn't really do anything new, but after short break from the main game it was great to be back with a new story.

Finished this last night. Overall a very good game.

Obviously the strong production values and world building stand out, but the best part of the game for me is the writing. I got this cos I'm a sucker for an open world game and really have no interest in Spider-Man, but this was just so well written that I ended up completely drawn into the characters and lore. Fantastic.

Now on to the negatives. The repetition. I do not understand (actually I do) why games like Mafia 3 and Homefront get shat on for repetition, but Spider-Man is universally lauded (Sony exclusive) for basically the same game design. When I realised I had even *more* fucking identikit crimes popping up I knew I'd never platinum the game. The strongholds were quite fun even if the guards were as dumb as bags of farts, but those crimes popping up man...

Yeah, I know what you mean. Batman has the same problem, but being set in the fictional Gotham the surroundings provide some degree of variety; but because this is a realistic New York you end up fighting the bad guys on identikit roofs/street corners.

Heck, they even re-use the same layout for several Demon warehouses, and the Fisk construction sites are pretty generic. Batman set a lot of its encounters in diverse building interiors, to give you new problems to solve.

Still enjoying the game a lot for mostly the same reasons as you, but I'm not likely to complete it to the same degree as I did, say, Arkham City. They nail the feeling of traversing the city as Spidey in this one - and its 'realistic' to the point that crossing Central Park gets you a ducking if you don't circle around the lake...

On 30/12/2018 at 22:16, Thor said:

The machine gunning big fuckers.

You can definitely dodge them - but it's hard to do (also IIRC make sure to dodge "towards" the arc, not along it)

Otherwise just electro stun them and punch to death jail

Took a short break but came back in aaaaaaaand.... story all done. Wow.

What's that? No, no, just got a wee bit of grit in my eye, is all.

• Upvote 1