Hexx

Spider-Man PS4 - Insomniac swings into action!

2 hours ago, deerokus said:

https://kotaku.com/spider-mans-take-on-police-feels-out-of-touch-1828978785

Yeah, someone wrote that about A SPIDER-MAN GAME. Just fuck off.

I can understand why someone would write that. Having my first Spider-Man job be rigging out the city with an Oscorp-designed panopticon struck me as a bit odd as well. It's not impacting my enjoyment of it, and people can surely write want they want?

• Upvote 3

Clocked it. Loved it.

I do wonder what they’ll have for the inevitable sequel, however. Given that New York is so synonymous with him and Insomniac have done so well recreating it, what is there to add to the next one?

5 minutes ago, Strafe said:

Clocked it. Loved it.

I do wonder what they’ll have for the inevitable sequel, however. Given that New York is so synonymous with him and Insomniac have done so well recreating it, what is there to add to the next one?

Assuming it’s an early cycle next -gen title, and bearing in mind I haven’t finished the story so don’t know what villains might make an appearance...

I’d guess they’d expand and build a larger more detailed NYC on what they already have. Seamless exteriors to interiors and and we’ll see the likes of Goblin, Venom, Mysterio, Vulture... 

• Upvote 1

Hmm not sure about the bit in the game where you go to attack one of the

Demon hideouts

, you take out the guys on the roof, then drop throught the hatch and then the screen goes blank, your PS4 Pro resets after about 5 mins, and then cannot start up and asks for firmware. I think they could have made that work differently

• Upvote 6

3 hours ago, SpagMasterSwift said:

Early game question: by jumping into a crime scene and doing the spin web bloom thing for the quick win am I robbing myself of loads of XP, should I be fist fighting all the baddies instead?

You're probably missing out on some Crime token things.  If you hit R3 when you get to a crime scene, it will tell you the additional objectives you can meet to get (usually) additional tokens. 

Also, not sure about XP in-game, but it's a pretty dull way to play.  There are loads of cool combat moves to play with, so you'll get much better real-life XP by experimenting with them.

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, PeteBrant said:

Reveal hidden contents

Demon hideouts

, you take out the guys on the roof, then drop throught the hatch and then the screen goes blank, your PS4 Pro resets after about 5 mins, and then cannot start up and asks for firmware. I think they could have made that work differently

Upate: Had to re-initiliase the PS... Lost all data and saves. Hoping cloud saves do their job!!

• Empathy 1

23 minutes ago, PeteBrant said:

Upate: Had to re-initiliase the PS... Lost all data and saves. Hoping cloud saves do their job!!

All cloud saves present and correct...

Except for one game as far as I can tell... I wonder if you can guess what it is

307ac7eeaf8ebb2d-600x400.png

Planet-of-the-Apes-End-Scene.jpg

• Upvote 1
  • Empathy 6

I'm going out.  Just failed on the final boss about eight times in a row.  It's go out or end up with a joypad shaped hole in my TV screen.

• Empathy 1

7 hours ago, PeteBrant said:

Reveal hidden contents

Demon hideouts

I'm just glad that another game is picking up Eternal Darkness's mantle and running with it. It's about time.

• Upvote 3

2 hours ago, Stejay said:

I'm going out.  Just failed on the final boss about eight times in a row.  It's go out or end up with a joypad shaped hole in my TV screen.

Eh? 

I thought he was the easiest one. 

Maybe it's because I'd twatted his mates right in their supervillain faces. 

And I did the others relatively easily too. Hopefully it’ll be one of those things where I go back hours later, do it with ease right away, and wonder why I couldn’t do it earlier.

Had an awful bug today, somehow got out of bounds and was wandering around undetailed islands in the distance, tried to get back annnnd it kept shoving me in the out of bounds area with the message "You are going out of the play area".

Got so frustrated, then I found out there's a quick travel in the map screen! :lol:

13 hours ago, Thor said:

There's a reason 

Reveal hidden contents

your new suit's special power fills up your Web gadgets....

I know yeah, thank you. Thats hasn't helped any though.  How many times does he

jump up on the transmitter and start chucking things at you.  I've had him up there three times and the combat keeps reseting after I've flung something back and punched him with triangle.  I'm starting to think I'm missing something, or there is a bug for me. I've Googled and what I've read seems to imply he only goes up there twice before the end cut-scene triggers.

Is it possible to clear the Fisk hideouts vis stealth? I've cleared them all out but I could only take a couple of the henchmen out via stealth before they saw me and all hell broke loose. At first I found them infuriating as I was still getting used to the controls but it's good combat practice once it clicked.

AFAIK you can take out the entire 1st wave stealthy - but then wave 2 appears and is "Red Alert" status.

Edit - I loved the bases. I thought they were the best sections. Dozens (if not hundreds :P) of enemies - using full range of your fighting skills. The boss fights or scripted encounters are fun - but there's something from just doing Combat for 3-5 minutes that's really satisfying.

• Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, sofasurfer said:

Is it possible to clear the Fisk hideouts vis stealth? I've cleared them all out but I could only take a couple of the henchmen out via stealth before they saw me and all hell broke loose. At first I found them infuriating as I was still getting used to the controls but it's good combat practice once it clicked.

as @Hexx says, you can clear the initial people there with stealth, but Wave 2 will spot you instantly.

• Upvote 2

3 hours ago, Thor said:

Are you 

Hide contents

Webbing up his arms with R1? 

Contantly! Doesn’t matter now anyway, thanks. I turned off, took a breather, went back and finished him in minutes!

• Upvote 1