Resident Evil 7: Biohazard - Making Zombies Creepy Again

Nespresso

Yeah I did 4 runs to get all the cheevos, normal, easy speedrun, nightmare and then another one for cleanup.

The speedrun adds a fun new weapon and is quite doable.

Probably best to get all Mr Everywheres before the nightmare run, that's all I'll say.

1 hour ago, noob said:

Me and a friend are starting this today using PSVR and chatting on the phone at the same time. 

Eek!!! 

#codebrown 

First time playing? Keep us posted! It's going to be bad (in the best possible way!)

8 minutes ago, Boozy The Clown said:

Fwiw I played through the entire thing on the X with the patch and it was wonderful. Looked sharp, performed perfectly as far as my old man eyes could tell.

26 minutes ago, Mr. Gerbik said:

First time playing? Keep us posted! It's going to be bad (in the best possible way!)

Fwiw I played through the entire thing on the X with the patch and it was wonderful. Looked sharp, performed perfectly as far as my old man eyes could tell.

First time! I'm a virgin... ;) Eeeeeek! Might twitch it too tbh... 

3 hours ago, Steven said:

It's amazing in VR. 

Too much for me. Just too bloody intense. So I’ve had to switch to playing it normal. That Mia scene with the chainsaw made me shit bricks. 

Far more bearable in non VR.

There was a moment a bit later on that sent such a jolt through me that it may as well have been real. You don't' see it coming and it took me a few seconds to start breathing properly again. Incredible stuff.

right then...

started this earlier in VR. actually seems ok! 

i have met jack now and just got to the safe room. 

so far so good...one odd thing,

Spoiler

you have your hand chopped off and seemingly re-attached shortly after, and it works just fine.

no question about it.

:lol:

• 5 weeks later...

Just finished this and I really enjoyed it. It's starts a lot stronger than it finishes though. The cabin, house and surrounding grounds are creepy as hell and really nerve wracking at times. Then the last few hours kinda sucked a little, and felt a little more of a slog.

Started it on VR which offered up a few scream out loud moments especially when Mia popped up in front of me the exactly moment my dog licked my hand. Scared the crap outta me.

Had to give in on the VR around the 2.5 hour mark as it kept making me feel sick. Excellent VR experience though other than the motion sickness.

• 2 months later...

It's late and I can't sleep due to jet lag. Decided to creep out of bed, into a dark room and play this for the first time in months. Read a walkthrough just to remind myself what happened most recently and now I'm up to 'Happy Birthday' and have just put a cassette tape into the VCR player. I'm going to regret doing this when the rest of town are asleep, aren't I?

9 hours ago, Mr Luke said:

It's late and I can't sleep due to jet lag. Decided to creep out of bed, into a dark room and play this for the first time in months. Read a walkthrough just to remind myself what happened most recently and now I'm up to 'Happy Birthday' and have just put a cassette tape into the VCR player. I'm going to regret doing this when the rest of town are asleep, aren't I?

I'm literally just ahead of you.

So far, so ace!

I played through and finished this recently. Really enjoyed it though felt first half was far better than the second though maybe I'd just got used to it. Some odd parts towards the end when I'd made a 'choice' but I'll say nowt as don't want to spoil others enjoyment. Still, a good return to form for me and made me properly scream a number of times!

I managed to blast through this and it's now completed. I agree that the first half was better and it was also scarier too. At times I was confused towards the end but having read about it since it all fits together nicely. I too wonder what the outcome would have been if I had made the other choice. 

I'd say it's a 7/10 and well worth a play.

Is the DLC worth downloading?

10 minutes ago, Mr Luke said:

I managed to blast through this and it's now completed. I agree that the first half was better and it was also scarier too. At times I was confused towards the end but having read about it since it all fits together nicely. I too wonder what the outcome would have been if I had made the other choice. 

I'm enjoying it so far, and soooo close to the end. 

I must be one of the few that just didn't find it scary. A few moments alright, but nothing like I'd expected. 

I didnt even mind it in VR, although it's a shame you can't have the same controls in VR as without. 

Be interested to know about the dlc too... 

11 hours ago, Mr Luke said:

DLC is pretty average, i'd try not a hero as it's kinda short and deals with Lucas (because in the game he just kinda dissapears).

The Zoe one i have yet to play, again i hear it's pretty short so might be worth a go.

The other bits of DLC might be worth a try and least, but overall the dlc is pretty dissapointing.

19 hours ago, Mr Luke said:

I did make the other 'choice' and it seemed to confuse the game at times. Wrong reflections and suchlike and then the ending was odd to say the least.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...