IGNORED

Prey (2017) - Update and Mooncrash DLC available now!

RubberJohnny

8 minutes ago, Thwomp said:

You can, but I keep all my recycled materials in my office, so if I want to make ammo I have to go back and collect them.

Don't do this. Use it all up or carry it with you. You get more than enough to use throughout the game and hoarding it all will just give you unnecessary trips to make. If you're really struggling for space you can always dump your recycled materials in one of the fabricators that are towards the beginning each level and leave it there while you explore the area.

Have you got any of the backpack/carry case upgrades yet? Spend some mods on those.

Also, if you haven't got it yet, there's a mod that allows you harvest exotic material from dead enemies, which you'll need buckets of to fabricate Neuromods, once you get the blueprint to do so. That's another must-have.

I decided to reinstall this wonderful game and I'm currently creeping around the Talos lobby :ph34r: The game seems harder now than the last time I played it and thats a good thing because the game has me on my toes. It is without a doubt game of the year. 

• 2 months later...

I've been playing this for a few weeks and I think I am approaching the end now.  I was wondering if the Mooncrash DLC is worth getting?  I really like the game, so more of the same would be welcome.  What is the nature of the DLC though?  Is it another campaign?  A bolt-on series of sidequests?  If I bought it after completing the game would I need to start again in order to play it, or does it take place after the story?  Please no spoilers, I have no idea what's going to happen at the end of the main game at all.  :)

• 2 weeks later...

Oddly I found it was a bit back-to-front - I enjoyed hard a lot at the start, where it really helped ramp up the tension, but once things got going and combat rather than evasion became more of a common approach I found it a bit less enjoyable (mostly as it forced me to indulge in the crafting side of things more, by far my least favourite thing in the game). Definitely start with it and see how you go. 

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Well, what an utterly brilliant game this turned out to be.

No idea what the title had to do with the previous game (I know about the name rights, but still feels a bizarre choice).  Arkane certainly should be lauded for such a well rounded gameplay toybox and storyline.

Clocked up over 40 hours and nowhere did any of that feel repetitive. It's a lesson to other games how no action or sidequest ever felt like a simple A-B fetch or collectaphon. 

Really impressed in how it left so many options open to the player as to how to progress and took, I guess, the Bioshock blueprint to another level. It was very satisfying to feel how empowered you become from a messy and unsure gluegun/wrench combat system to boss through areas towards the end, and still managed to raise the difficulty with further additions of Nightmare and Dahl's attempt to kill you.

Wonderful stuff, highly recommended

• 3 months later...
16 hours ago, Wahwah* said:

Giving this a bump as the Mooncrash DLC is about a fiver on Xbox at the moment. 

Worth it?

Thanks for the tip. Prey is next on my backlog and I'm really looking forward to Mooncrash as well.

8 minutes ago, Wahwah* said:

Unfortunately,  it's not on Gamepass anymore, I know it was but checked last night and it's gone. I was weighing up the extra 3/4 pounds vs getting my disc copy off the shelf!

Oh wow okay. I'll have to spin up the old Blu Ray then :)

• 3 weeks later...

This is so good. I spent about 2.5 hours in the second area last night (machine labs or something). There's a hidden stash in Dr Calvino's office that has one of the best puzzles I've ever experienced in a video game

Spoiler

It's the bit where you watch a video playback of the lab you're standing in through a 3D Looking Glass screen before the disaster, and at the end of the video file you can peer round to just about see the doctor fiddling about by his desk. This piques your interest, and you can crawl behind the wall to see there's a secret safe in there. Then you have to figure out how to get in. It's an optional thing but was just so, so rewarding to solve.

I never finished this...i think i got about half way and then stopped for some reason. Reading the last few posts makes me think i should just buy the game and dlc! I loved it when i was playing it so i must have gotten stuck somewhere and given up/slay the spire took over my life