Prey (2017) - Update and Mooncrash DLC available now!

RubberJohnny

8 hours ago, U-1 said:

The combat really does open up for multiple possibilities. I've got my tactic for regular Phantoms nailed now... stun them with a disruptor shot, run up to them and a single shotgun blast to the head (tends to leave them with a sliver of health) and then finish them with a satisfying whack of the wrench. 

Minimal ammo expenditure and maximum satisfaction.

The Technopath and Telepath enemies are more challenging but the grenades definitely help matters.

Im approaching the endgame now and really don't want it to finish. 

It seems I have missed the grenade somewhere. 

I has a sad now... 

14 hours ago, noob said:

It seems I have missed the grenade somewhere. 

I has a sad now... 

You will find plenty dont worry.. and we aren't talking typical frag grenades here. More like EMP and PSI ones.

Turns out me thinking I was nearing the end of the game was incorrect, it just keeps on going. What a game!

So got some vouchers for Argos from work and using them for some stuff for my wife. I'm getting her some decent headphones which have actually just gone down in price and wondering to get this for her as well as would only need to pay a fiver. She likes horror games like Alien Isolation, Resident Evil (both traditional and action based ones) Silent Hill etc, but is also into sci-fi stuff like Mass Effect, all three Dead Space games, Bioshock etc... Think this might be a suitable fit for her?

... and done!

34 hours on the clock. Pretty much all side quests done, all emails and transcripts found and plenty of tough decisions (and soul searching) along the way.

Going into this I was expecting to enjoy it, but wasn't prepared for just how much. It really did tick all the right boxes for my ideal type of game.

Arkane really need to be commended for this and just hope they are allowed to carry on with this style of gameplay in future. It's a fantastically well crafted and intelligent single player game that offers the perfect amount of freedom without ever becoming overwhelming.

Also has to be praised for its implementation of branching storylines.. it really did feel that key decisions (and some more minor ones) had a big impact on the way things developed.

It very nearly bypassed me this year but so glad it didn't.. and as a result it's definitely up there as one of my GOTY's alongside some pretty esteemed company.

For those of you about to dive in... You are in for a treat! 

Been in the cafeteria for ages, still one to go, but decided to go for a wander and have found myself almost back in the main hub again, but also found that I missed loads first time around, including masses of ammo etc... 

Oops! 

Basically, I am having a wander now rather than worrying I need to finish an area before moving on. 

I am LOVING this game! 

:wub: 

One tiny question, where on earth do I get the Q beam?

Something found me in the cafeteria earlier too, but I managed to hide until it disappeared again. Jesus... :o:o

So got this for the Mrs and  gave it to her early as she needed something to relax with after finishing her first semester at university and being right stressed to all get out because of it.

She started playing at 2pm and is still at it now at 9:30pm. So yeah, probably gonna play it myself next!

• 2 months later...