rllmuk
Goose

Stranger Things - Season 3 - July 4th 2019

My favourite heart warming bit

Dustin and Suzy singing Neverending Story. All of it.

My wife's side eye at that scene

You do realise their faffing about with that song led to Hopper's death right?

• Upvote 4

Only just discovered Stranger Things, so me and Mrs Oaf binged all three series this week, it’s been brill!

One thing I didn’t understand though, was

Spoiler

Why did the monster immediately  die when the Clunge of Doom was sealed up, when it had been living quite happily beforehand?

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Oaf said:

Only just discovered Stranger Things, so me and Mrs Oaf binged all three series this week, it’s been brill!

One thing I didn’t understand though, was

Hide contents

Why did the monster immediately  die when the Clunge of Doom was sealed up, when it had been living quite happily beforehand?

It was essentially the life line or brain. 

11 hours ago, the_debaser said:

Finished watching it. Was great. Can we just forget Season 2 existed?

I think everyone already had until the recap at the beginning of this one.

• Upvote 2

Why do the Russians even want to open the clunge of doom though? 

Also so the actor who posts will the wise infuriates me. Really enjoyed s3 though  

7 hours ago, carlospie said:

Why do the Russians even want to open the clunge of doom though? 

Surely the same as the Americans. Weaponise it somehow.

Just one more episode to go but Joyce and Hopper really jumped the shark this season. Hopper has turned into some perpetually annoying jerk with severe anger issues while Joyce seems mired in la la land most of the time, hovering between outrageously indignant or cuckoo crazy. She channeled that in season 1 but with good reason, here it just makes her seem extremely odd. Their scenes together were by far the least enjoyable to me.

Rest of the season has been pretty good but I wouldn't be too sad to say goodbye to either of them, and I used to enjoy Joyce in particular.

• Upvote 2

41 minutes ago, Majora said:

Just one more episode to go but Joyce and Hopper really jumped the shark this season. Hopper has turned into some perpetually annoying jerk with severe anger issues while Joyce seems mired in la la land most of the time, hovering between outrageously indignant or cuckoo crazy. She channeled that in season 1 but with good reason, here it just makes her seem extremely odd. Their scenes together were by far the least enjoyable to me.

Rest of the season has been pretty good but I wouldn't be too sad to say goodbye to either of them, and I used to enjoy Joyce in particular.

I felt that, Hopper redeems himself in the final episode. Does anyone actually believe he's dead? 

29 minutes ago, mash said:

Hide contents

I felt that, Hopper redeems himself in the final episode. Does anyone actually believe he's dead? 

Spoiler

Nah, hes jumped through the crack into the upside down.

1 hour ago, mash said:

Reveal hidden contents

Don't click that Spoiler @Majora. Just a heads up, because its quoting you but its talking about final episode.

• Upvote 1

So far, season 3 is approximately 1 billion times better than season 2. But Dustin has go to to, Christ he’s annoying in every scene he’s in 

• Downvote 15
  • Empathy 2

I think you spelt Will wrong. 

He was fucking useless this season, he would hold his neck and announce, "He's here". 9 times out of 10 everyone else has already looked and nodded at each other knowingly because it's pretty fucking obvious to everyone Will.

Mike was very annoying aswell. Dustin on the other hand was fucking excellent, particularly alongside Steve but everyone is great when they have Steve 'The Hair' Harrington by their side. :wub:

• Upvote 8

6 hours ago, Steely said:

I think you spelt Will wrong. 

He was fucking useless this season, he would hold his neck and announce, "He's here". 9 times out of 10 everyone else has already looked and nodded at each other knowingly because it's pretty fucking obvious to everyone Will.

He’s the Counsellor Troi of Stranger Things.

• Upvote 3

6 hours ago, jonamok said:

And yes, the Dustin, Steve and Robin triumvirate was amazing.

I won't stand for this erasure of Erica.

And yes, they can kill Will off along with Hopper and Joyce. They need to start upping the bodycount as the show presumably starts reaching an end and he's by far the most disposable main character. The lack of fucks the writers gave about him this season was hilarious. His only storyline was getting jealous for about 10 minutes in one of the early episodes. I forget he even exists when he's not on screen.

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Majora said:

I won't stand for this erasure of Erica.

You are right not to do so. Quadumvirate then.

21 hours ago, Stigweard said:

Hide contents

Nah, hes jumped through the crack into the upside down.

He's in the russian cell, right? He's "The American"

I want Erica to be part of the main cast for the next series now. One of my other favourite characters was the super jock douche reporter at the newspaper who must be Hollywood's top choice for '80s dickhead', he's so good.

• Upvote 2

Scoops Troop! :hug:

Most upset I wasn't able to place Super Jock Douche Reporter as guy from Starship Troopers. :doh:

MV5BMDljN2MyMTAtN2YxOS00NzcwLWFkNzctY2Qx

• Upvote 6

Once you know, it’s really obvious from his looks alone. He’s Gary Busey’s son Jake (was in that last Predator film too).

• Upvote 3

On 16/07/2019 at 11:17, Jammy said:

Once you know, it’s really obvious from his looks alone. He’s Gary Busey’s son Jake (was in that last Predator film too).

Wow. Like you said, that so obvious now you mention it. I loved Gary Busey and his son is just a younger reboot.

Having not watched the first two series, I really enjoyed this. A huge nostalgia trip for me as I would have been roughly the same age as the protagonists. Man, the 80's.

• Upvote 1

On 16/07/2019 at 11:17, Jammy said:

His best (most mad like his Dad) performance was as the cultist bomber in Contact. Terrifying bastard.

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, jonamok said:

His best (most mad like his Dad) performance was as the cultist bomber in Contact. Terrifying bastard.

Funny thing is when you see Gary in real life you realise he tones it down massively for his films !

Really enjoyed this season and damn, it pops in Dolby Digital, especially the penultimate episode.

Steve 'The Hair' Harrington and Robyn are the best.