FTL 14 - Gametime - 2nd half is go

Manic 3 Mardigan 2

Inj; Marlos

A very tight game, pretty end to end and certainly nip and tuck!  1-0 to Mardigan, 2-1 to me and then 2-2 before Sturridge popped up with a disgusting winner!  New boy Nainggolan hit an absolute belter too put me 2-1 up as well.

Cheers Mardigan.

GG Manic. A draw seemed fair with Zlatan and Naingollan's goals both a touch of class but that winner at the end was pad smashingly bad. Seems staying on your feet and making a perfectly clean tackle in the box just isn't enough. The way Sturridge moved after losing the ball to deck Abdennour and then have the ball presented to him was hilarious. All the best!

30 minutes ago, andy_s said:

Ping me on the WhatsApp group if you can play in the next hour or so

I can be on, but I'm not in that whatsapp thread anymore (too many fat bird nipple shots from Baz for my taste) so message me in here if you get this!

I have asked wincho to get be back in the whatsapp chat in the meantime.

5 minutes ago, Manic Minor said:

I can be on, but I'm not in that whatsapp thread anymore (too many fat bird nipple shots from Baz for my taste) so message me in here if you get this!

I have asked wincho to get be back in the whatsapp chat in the meantime.

2pm?

49 minutes ago, MardiganX said:

Play you at 230 andy?

Can play at 3pm if that's any good?

18 minutes ago, Manic Minor said:

Manic 1 Andy 1

Inj; Modric

End to end once again, but with little class or finesse in front of goal....except for Modric's leveller, which was a beauty!

Thanks Andy, good game.

Ta 

Yep, great game and a draw was probably fair. Modric was injured in the 4th minute and ended up with the equaliser and MOTM. Sponge him please.

Mardigan 2 Andy 1 no injuries 

Mardigan had the better of the first half and took a deserved 2-0 lead in to the break. I made two changes at half time and they combined for Isco to pull one back. Real piled on the pressure for the last 15 minutes but Mardigan held on for the win. Enjoyable game mate - well played.

Shakhtar (MardiganX) 2 - 3 Liverpool (Manic)

Goals - Zlatan, Di Maria

Injuries - Marlos

Zlatan scored a fantastic volley following a Di Maria cross. Naingollan liked it but being the horrible little militant arsehole that he is decided to beat it, striking a 30 yard, gravity defying thunderbolt into the top corner. The game looked set for a draw with a nice story to it after the great goals but FIFA and Daniel Sturridge had other ideas. The Englishman gifted an easy finish in the final seconds after some wonderful FIFA physics in the box. 

Real Madrid (Andy) 1 - 2 Shakhtar (MardiganX)

Goals - Di Maria , Bernard

No injuries

Di Maria opened the scoring tapping home the rebound after a powerful Zlatan freekick and 10 minutes later Bernard fired home his first goal of the season when a corner was cleared to him at the edge of the box. Madrid were much more dangerous in the 2nd half and scored a lovely goal to make it a tight finish but Shakhar held out for the win.

Goalscorer

Taison - 6 

Zlatan - 5 

Marlos - 3

Di Maria - 3

M'Bia - 1

Toure - 1

Bernard - 1

Well played lads. 2 very close and enjoyable games, apart from Sturridge and his mesmerising physical presence :lol: all the best for the rest of the season!

Manic 2 Steely 1

no inj

A thrilling encounter! Like basketball at times, I started with a quick break that saw a volley from tevez tipped up in the air and then he grabbed the rebound to put me 1 up after 5 mins.  

Steely had a few chances after that, I hadn't realised he'd signed Chris Gayle in the window but it pans out he's shit at football anyway so he wasn't really a threat.  Took him till the 69th minute to grab an equaliser and it looked like we'd share the points, but then Sturridge jinked through and the keeper could only parry a near post save into the path of Farfan to steal all 3 points in the 87th minute!

cheers steely, good game 

Right, I'm back from Portugal so ready to move things along

lets get cracking please everyone. I'll be about over the weekend to get as many games played as possible

Alfromsleep has internet issues but other than him, I'm not aware of anyone else with issues getting games done so have at it

Timmo 3 Manic 1

No Inj

Playing Timmo might be as frustrating as supporting England I've decided.  It's painful, I played about as well as I can play in this game and still couldn't get the ball off him or avoid a mauling!  He's too good on the ball, his players despite being shit are, under his control, somehow too fast and too strong at the back to break away from and all in it's just horrid.

Well played mate, way too good for me as usual.

Cheers

On 6/21/2016 at 11:20 PM, Manic Minor said:

Manic 2 Steely 1

no inj

A thrilling encounter! Like basketball at times, I started with a quick break that saw a volley from tevez tipped up in the air and then he grabbed the rebound to put me 1 up after 5 mins.  

Steely had a few chances after that, I hadn't realised he'd signed Chris Gayle in the window but it pans out he's shit at football anyway so he wasn't really a threat.  Took him till the 69th minute to grab an equaliser and it looked like we'd share the points, but then Sturridge jinked through and the keeper could only parry a near post save into the path of Farfan to steal all 3 points in the 87th minute!

cheers steely, good game 

Sorry mate, forgot to post about this!

Well played! Now can you stop beating me please, you've quickly became my bogeyman! I didn't feel as aggrieved by the result as our first leg mind but I thought I was good for the draw! It was my first game displaying my marquee signings in Drogba and Totti, already regretting that a little! Especially the latter and his 12 stamina. :D

14 hours ago, Manic Minor said:

Timmo 3 Manic 1

No Inj

Playing Timmo might be as frustrating as supporting England I've decided.  It's painful, I played about as well as I can play in this game and still couldn't get the ball off him or avoid a mauling!  He's too good on the ball, his players despite being shit are, under his control, somehow too fast and too strong at the back to break away from and all in it's just horrid.

Well played mate, way too good for me as usual.

Cheers

Being a bit harsh on yourself mate! I had a good first half and should have been 2-0 or 3-0 at half time but in the second half at 1-0 you really rallied and were the better player before you equalised. I then got back into it and scored 2 late goals to take the win.

Manuel Fernandes once more the star man for me, what a beast.

Good game Manic, cheers.