Lethal Weapon the TV Show

Harsin

I always find Damon Wayans extremely watchable, call it the last boy scout syndrome. And from that trailer he's still watchable, only in a completely unnecessary, crass TV remake. The least said about the other bloke the better. Bonkers.

35 minutes ago, Qazimod said:

Anybody here who watches this is a chump. Why? Okay okay okay... They fuck you with the TV shows. They FUCK you with the TV shows. They know you're gonna buy in to the word-of-mouth and watch the pilot anyway before you find out you got fucked. They know you can't unwatch the thing, so they don't care. Who gets fucked? This thread gets fucked...

(sorry, couldn't resist)

It took me until the last few words of this post to realise what inspired it...until then it was a WTF is he going on about.

24 minutes ago, Glasgowchivas said:

this looks like a big pile of shit

Like Babylon 5?

So, is this going to be a procedural show - different case each week, with it all wrapped up at the end of the episode in time for Riggs to join the Murtaugh's for dinner and some twee jokes during the epilogue?

37 minutes ago, FishyFish said:

Like Babylon 5?

So, is this going to be a procedural show - different case each week, with it all wrapped up at the end of the episode in time for Riggs to join the Murtaugh's for dinner and some twee jokes during the epilogue?

I imagine there'll also be some labyrinthine conspiracy behind who killed Riggs' wife, involving lots of moles and shadowy guys in suits. They'll threaten to resolve it in each season finale, but SURPRISE the bloke who you thought was behind it all was actually working for someone else even worse!

That sounds about right. Just like Burn Notice, Blindspot, The Blacklist et al.

That said, while I gave up on Burn Notice a few seasons in, and Blindspot after a few episodes, I still like The Blacklist because James Spader is great in it.

Damon Wayans is always watchable, but this looks so desperately unnecessary. I mean the whole thing that made Lethal Weapon successful was the chemistry between Gibson and Glover. Hell, even solo they each played their role to perfection, even Gary Busey put in a terrific turn as the psychotic villain. Without the characters you've literally got nothing. I feel bad for all involved, this is one of those projects that is destined to be hated but that trailer doesn't do much to sell it.

It's been a while since I've seen a cop buddy movie, so I'll give this show a look based on that and Damon Wayans' involvement, but yeah, not expecting much but I'd love to be pleasantly surprised.

15 hours ago, FishyFish said:

Ah, the good ol' side-on vehicle collision cliche. It's getting to be like the Wilhelm Scream.

Every time there's a suspiciously low-key scene between 2 actors in a moving car near the end of an episode of a TV show, I shout in anticipation, 'Truck from the side!' Surely there's a compilation on YouTube by now.

1 hour ago, Eighthours said:

Every time there's a suspiciously low-key scene between 2 actors in a moving car near the end of an episode of a TV show, I shout in anticipation, 'Truck from the side!' Surely there's a compilation on YouTube by now.

The other one I'm sick of is a character standing in the road facing the the camera at a medium distance. 99% chance a large vehicle will smash them from the side.

3 hours ago, Eighthours said:

A few years ago watching White Collar or Castle if that happened withit ended up being an in show ad for the car they were driving.