rllmuk
Nathan Wind

Neo Geo Appreciation Thread

I got really lucky with that one, I've hardly seen it for sale for less than that since I got the console. Someone on Gumtree was clearing out a Neo Geo collection, and after I'd got KoF 98 from them I decided to bite the bullet and get Garou. £420, but I'd kind of resigned myself to getting it eventually when I bought the console.

1 hour ago, stoofle said:

Oh, and the games. Garou, Samurai Shodown 2, Ninja Master's, KoF 95, 96, 97, 98, 99, Money Idol Exchanger, Shock Troopers, Magical Drop 3, Samurai Shodown 3 and 4, Matrimelee, Last Blade 1 & 2.

IMG_20160619_104634.jpg

Money Idol Exchanger and Shock Troopers are conversions due to not being released on AES, and Ninja Master's is a conversion that came with the console, but I'm not that fond of it. Oh, and Magical Drop 3 is as well because that's silly money otherwise. Everything else is proper though!

Hmm if you ever want to sell your ninja masters conversion let me know! 

On 6/25/2016 at 4:47 PM, strawdonkey said:

Money Idol Exchanger <3 so good.

Given my username I'm slightly embarrassed to say I'd never heard of this. Downloaded it to my JXD and I'm hooked! 

• Upvote 1

Neo motherboard is back tomorrow, with unibios and repairs. £60 for that, duh. 

I've got Friday off and three new games to play.. woo. I need an xrgb mini

• Upvote 2

Unibios 3.3 is cool, saves region to memory card (which I bought from eBay as untested and it still had saves on it!) - also saves hi-scores to the card. 

Hi kernow,

Where are you sourcing your games from? eBay?

It looks a lovely system to 'collect' for, almost regardless of the games themselves (many of which are good I'm sure). 

I owned an AES once.  I was about 14 and worked on a market stall that sold games. Think I got a console and about 5 games for £100. Tried it for an hour or so and took it back (probably swapped it for something like a stack of PS1 games). Since then I've only played the games via emulators on my PC but keep being tempted to get one again.

Cheers

Rob

Ha, do you remember what games were with it?

Yeah I'm mostly getting off ebay, overpaid on a few, and underpaid on a couple. 

Condition isn't as great as it used to be and the prices today are outrageous. I'd probably import from Japan mainly. 

I think I'm going to just bulk buy a few of the older classics from a single Japanese ebay seller in the next few months. The condition is better than the UK generally, and so are the prices. 

That KOF99 I picked up though was £99 and totally mint and complete with phone card. That's actually a pretty nice price from ebay UK for that. 

E.g that SS3 I have coming this week cost me £81 on ebay UK and is near mint, but I've paid £40 for one ten years ago. 

Paid £40 for a last blade 1 homecart once too, £130 another time, now you'd be lucky to get it for less than £260 - and I'm not paying that considering I've played it to death. 

I don't recall the games I had with it (and probably shouldn't try as I might cry) but I fear one of them was a metal slug....

£100 per game is serious stuff.  Do you play them much (serious question)?  They are so tactile and 'pretty' that I'm sure folks must buy them as ornaments.

Please keep posting as your collection grows.  I can live vicariously through your words and pictures.  :wub:

• Upvote 1