IGNORED

Neo Geo Appreciation Thread

Nathan Wind

A do a lot of neo geo gaming on Ps4. I always find match-ups on kof97 and Garou.

Offline is brilliant too...but it's nice to net-play.

I have around 20+ titles between hamster ports and Snk releases.

I have a few rounds of turf masters daily, big bonus of having a ww leaderboard, my highest round is -15, but it glitched me and put me up as -14. 

Hoping to pick up a 1 slot soon. :)

IMG_20190120_153739.jpg

5 hours ago, SeanR said:

My supergun is in the post. Should I hold out for an MV-1A or 1FV, or be damned and get a 1B or 1C?

Do you have anything else at the moment? I have a spare FZ mobo at the moment but the battery needs replacing. I was just going to put a uni bios in it to circumvent the error message when it switches on but never got around to it. I’d do a straight swap for your multicart if interested?

8 hours ago, erhgiez said:

Do you have anything else at the moment? I have a spare FZ mobo at the moment but the battery needs replacing. I was just going to put a uni bios in it to circumvent the error message when it switches on but never got around to it. I’d do a straight swap for your multicart if interested?

I am interested, the 150, yeah?

• 2 weeks later...
On 20/01/2019 at 16:24, SeanR said:

My supergun is in the post.

you know when you get a bargain, ebay or aliexpress, it don't matter.

You try to minimise cost yeah?

£11 customs charge on $53 supergun

Still at least it had free shipping, right?

/me shakes fist at the old Gods

1 hour ago, sega_kid said:

Long time lurker of this thread, I have finally taken the plunge on an AES! It's winging it's way to me now. My only experience of the system is through Superguns and MVS carts, but I've always yearned for the home console so here I go... 

Congratulations :)  

have you seen/ used one before? 

Ok my Neo Geo has arrived! I currently only have Samurai Spirits 2 to play on it. I do have a question though- the picture looks fine through the standard composite cable that came in the box, but I did buy a RGB scart lead from ebay... However if I use the RGB scart I get a tinted yellow/green image, and a horrible buzzing sound. Have I bought a duff cable? I know the tv is fine with the scart sockets as I use other consoles with RGB scart via it... 

On 08/02/2019 at 06:50, kernow said:

Let us know the serial when you get it, can advise on RGB stuffs 

It's a NEO-AEC serial: 014610. It also has a few mods from a previous owner- s-video and red white yellow connectors added, along with what I understand to be a region switch. Although it has a unibios too? Thank you 

30 minutes ago, sega_kid said:

It's a NEO-AEC serial: 014610. It also has a few mods from a previous owner- s-video and red white yellow connectors added, along with what I understand to be a region switch. Although it has a unibios too? Thank you 

Red white and yellow?

oof

54 minutes ago, kernow said:

Oh, that could be a problem with one of the mods? Have you got a megadrive RGB cable you can try? 

I have a megadrive 1 RGB scart, but it won't fit into the back of the AES, there are 2 slight indentations in the circle around the pins and it won't go? The standard yellow white cable that came with it works fine in the same connection though with no tint or noise 

3 minutes ago, SeanR said:

It looks like this though, right?

5A646521-C412-4534-9B49-FA6E5A6C2FA9.png.bfc2b6fbb09d49238022e9cd5a9c6394.png

Yes that's it, it's the stock one. If I can get the stock yellow white cable to work in that connection, but the RGB one gives the noise and tint, do you think it's just a duff cable? It was only a 12.99 eBay job