Neo Geo Appreciation Thread

Nathan Wind

On 06/03/2018 at 20:30, kernow said:

Wonder if I can glue or scotch tape it. The inner plastic trays are garbage too and crack so easily. I don't think I have any with cracks, but it's almost not worth worrying about because it's so common.

I got a packapunch RGB cable with reversed stereo from retrogamingcables too, £30 odd but it's very nicely made. Going to try it out in a bit - I hate how untidy the front stereo jack being used makes the system look though. I might just go back to mono for that reason. Eh 

I have fitted phono sockets to the back of my Neo Geo, I have to have stereo but hate having cables from the front.

its an easy mod.

Just got round to redeeming all my reward points by putting all my Switch games in Switch and claiming.

After that, managed to get Garou and Magician Lord for free.

I know it's not neo Geo cartridges but in the same area :P

3 hours ago, bplus said:

Anyone used a consolized MVS ? Here's one with a multi cart:

https://m.ebay.co.uk/itm/UK-BEST3DCASESSHOP-NEO-GEO-MVS-CONSOLIZED-RED-WORK-WITH-161-IN-1/232619277814

Though reviews of cart say it's got a lot of hacks on it if same games.

NOT INCLUDED

CABLE
JOYPAD CONTROLLER
HDMI ADAPTER
TV
161 IN 1 CART

the item description mearly informs you that the consolised mvs works with a 161-in-1 cart.

this is because it doesn't work with the 138... which needs the jamma connector for the game selector board (or the dipswitch mod)

if (when) i ditch my AES im getting a consolised mvs from ali express, $180.

2 hours ago, SeanR said:

the item description mearly informs you that the consolised mvs works with a 161-in-1 cart.

this is because it doesn't work with the 138... which needs the jamma connector for the game selector board (or the dipswitch mod)

if (when) i ditch my AES im getting a consolised mvs from ali express, $180.

Ah good spot! And good pro tip on on Ali express. Can you post link to one that you mean?

Edit: found them on Aliexpress. 

Can these play both arcade carts and AES carts? Is there any major disadvantage apart from how they look? 

1 hour ago, bplus said:

Ah good spot! And good pro tip on on Ali express. Can you post link to one that you mean?

Edit: found them on Aliexpress. 

Can these play both arcade carts and AES carts? Is there any major disadvantage apart from how they look? 

MVS carts only, so usually cheaper. they're arcade boards, tarted up. I don't think the aliexpress ones do hdmi though.

• 2 weeks later...
32 minutes ago, Lorfarius said:

What are peoples thoughts on the Neo Geo Gold X? Been offered one for £120.

get the cables, and slap a pi in the dock.

I'm thinking about jacking in my neogeo collection and doing the same.

the dock can be had for £50-odd, cables are a tenner, pi3 is £40...

I've got one and the 16 game pack in the Neo Geo replica box. Also bought an extra controller (all boxed and bought brand new) and a rewired SD card with custom firmware and all neo Geo games on it as well as CPS games etc....

Luckily I bought it all before it went out of stock and the prices started rising

I like it a lot but it isn't a replacement for my AES or NeoGeo Cd machines.

On 05/04/2018 at 13:31, SeanR said:

get the cables, and slap a pi in the dock.

I'm thinking about jacking in my neogeo collection and doing the same.

the dock can be had for £50-odd, cables are a tenner, pi3 is £40...

Good call - currently running an RGB-pi to a Sony bvm and all the neo games run perfectly in their native resolution. Slap in a Neogeo x usb stick and the experience is fantastic!

Argh!! Regretting not buying that aes for 260 quid with a game.

What's a reasonable price to pay , think that was super cheap.

Also, bit random , can anyone tell me me what picture quality is like on a modern TV? Anyone using an ossc ?

14 hours ago, bplus said:

Argh!! Regretting not buying that aes for 260 quid with a game.

What's a reasonable price to pay , think that was super cheap.

Also, bit random , can anyone tell me me what picture quality is like on a modern TV? Anyone using an ossc ?

£225 BIN!

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/302154858931?_trksid=p11021.c100851.m5053&_trkparms=aid%3D222007%26algo%3DSIM.MBE%26ao%3D1%26asc%3D20170803121420%26meid%3Dd76fd7aaedc040618f48c12cf309fd53%26pid%3D100851%26rk%3D1%26rkt%3D4%26mehot%3Dlo%26sd%3D222920813088%26itm%3D302154858931&ul_noapp=true

but no...

s-l1600.jpg

9 hours ago, SeanR said:

Fuuuck!what have they done to it!?! I want but, fuck me they ve kicked the crap out of it :( must not buy, too many glasses of wine. Fuck !!!