rllmuk
Goose

No Time To Die: Bond 25 - Craig confirmed for Bond - Cary Fukunaga to direct

2 hours ago, Art Vandelay said:

I really liked the GoldenEye soundtrack. It was definitely of its time, but it certainly wasn’t the kind of overblown orchestral bollocks you get now. The theme was the last truly great one they did too. 

Skyfall had a great theme and opening credits:

Yes it's very 60s John Barry in style and tone, but it does it really well I think.

• Upvote 3

1 hour ago, Nick R said:

That's true!

On the subject of the GoldenEye soundtrack: here are some Q&A quotes from John Altman, on how he was brought on at the last minute to replace the score that Eric Serra came up with for the tank chase sequence:

http://jamesbondradio.com/composer-john-altman-explains-what-went-wrong-with-goldeneyes-score-exclusive-by-matthew-chernov/

The tank chase with Serra's score would have been something like this:

I don't mind the rest of the Goldeneye score, I actually have quite a lot of nostalgia for that weird BONK noise he uses throughout it, but fuck me that is dreadful. It's quite amazing how much that single element can completely sap the energy from the scene.

• Upvote 1

On 06/12/2019 at 23:45, Marlowe said:

For all of the excesses of the late Brosnan era, at least those were unashamedly genre films, rather than the humourless 'cinematic universe' wank they're churning out now. 

Get rid of Craig, get rid of Purvis and Wade, fire Barbara Brocolli into the sun. Get someone in whose sole aspiration is to make a self contained spy film in which Bond doesn't have to go rogue, have another mid life crisis or pointlessly use a quota of Sony products. 

That’s an element I hate about a lot of genre movies in recent years (super hero ones are often bad for it). It’s really rare to just see a movie with the characters and their organisation fully established and just doing their thing against an enemy with a focussed goal. It usually seems to jump straight from Origin Story movie to some sort of crisis where either the characters are doubting themselves or their teammates, or they (either individually or an organisation) have been set up and had to go rogue because the bad guy has a personal vendetta of some kind instead of just being out to commit dastardly deeds for their own gain which the good guys are trying to stop.

• Upvote 7

9 hours ago, CarloOos said:

I don't mind the rest of the Goldeneye score, I actually have quite a lot of nostalgia for that weird BONK noise he uses throughout it, but fuck me that is dreadful. It's quite amazing how much that single element can completely sap the energy from the scene.

I love his score for Leon but the sort of chilly style he has doesn't really work for Bond. I can see why they thought it would though.

Goldeneye N64 basically aped that style and it worked like gangbusters.

On 07/01/2020 at 23:09, CarloOos said:

Parts of it remind me of the club scene from Robocop.

• Upvote 1

13 minutes ago, Glasgowchivas said:

Looks like Billie Eilish is about to be announced as doing the theme song.

I wondered why all the internet men were whining.

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Glasgowchivas said:

Looks like Billie Eilish is about to be announced as doing the theme song.

Confirmed. Very interesting and left field. Wonder if she'll change her style to be more Bond like or throw in her own style.

IMG_20200114_174737.jpg

I hate the name of this, i hate it more every time i re-read it, every time i say it aloud in my head, i hate. Like a grammar mistake in a top title it causes pain whenever i come into contact with it. Maybe they should have stuck to solaces, skyfalls and spectres if they couldn't return to the long names of old without being so clunky with it. I don't think the film can recover from the name.

It makes Die Another Day seem majestic.

Even I've heard of her. I don't think I've heard any of her music, but I read an article about her a few months ago praising her for how down-to-earth she's stayed despite being thrust into the pop industry.

Click this spoiler if you want to feel old:

Spoiler

• Upvote 2

Dave Kroll recently compared one of her gig's to a Nirvana gig recently. I recommend her Glastonbury set.

Johnny Marr is joining Zimmer for the score. They've worked together before on Inception and Amazing Spider-Man 2.

1 hour ago, JohnC said:

Johnny Marr is joining Zimmer for the score. They've worked together before on Inception and Amazing Spider-Man 2.

Of course. Somebody has to play the bengly-beng-beng guitar.

This April

The 25th Film

Will Change

Everything

Then showing some scenes like Bond jumping off a wall, Bond driving a DB5 with machine guns. Erm. Yeah. Really changing everything there!

Also the plane bit at the start reminds me a bit too much of Die Another Day...

• Upvote 1