rllmuk
Goose

No Time To Die: Bond 25 - Craig confirmed for Bond - Cary Fukunaga to direct

Now filming in London

That looks like it could do with another take.

As well as that V8, we'll also see a DB5 and a new Valhalla

1 hour ago, JohnC said:

Now filming in London

That looks like it could do with another take.

As well as that V8, we'll also see a DB5 and a new Valhalla

Maybe it will have the hidden skis?

Fun fact. The Aston Martin wasn’t supposed to be in the Living Daylights, they secured the rights at the last minute and changed the scene to be around the Aston Martin. Also the first time an Aston Martin was in a Bond film since Diamonds Are Forever...

• Upvote 1

Well, that's shit. You know what else is shit? Peter Bradshaw's five star review of Spectre. I happened to read it for the first time after clicking Goose's link.

Five stars!! Jesus. Bradshaw is a total clown.

Example...

We start with a gasp-inducing action sequence in Mexico City for the Day of the Dead.

It's one of the most boring action scenes I've watched. It goes on forever.

• Upvote 2

I'll be glad when he's gone, he isn't James Bond. Feels like we've had 14 years of the Never Say Never Again universe.

I'd honestly rather had another 10 Die Another Days.

47 minutes ago, Lorfarius said:

I'll be glad when he's gone, he isn't James Bond. Feels like we've had 14 years of the Never Say Never Again universe.

I'd honestly rather had another 10 Die Another Days.

Talking bollocks. Non more Bond than this.

• Upvote 1

In the new Bond book, Forever And A Day, you see the 007 codename passing from the old (dead) agent to Bond. I don’t think there’s a rule that says every double-o has to be mid 30s, male etc. It just passes to the most viable candidate.

Anyway, the producers talk a good game, but it’ll probably just be a gimmick before reverting to Bond formula.

• Upvote 1

8 hours ago, Gregory Wolfe said:

Talking bollocks. Non more Bond than this.

It's just that he kept making films after that one.

• Upvote 2

The last time they pre-release promoted an amazing, incredibly competent, as-good-as-bond, she could have her own spin off character....we got Jinx.

• Empathy 1

Not just the incels but even hardcore Bond fans on Reddit are losing their minds over this, throwing competing "canon" at one another and generally behaving like absolute cretins.

Why anyone thinks this will be anything other than "James Bond, meet 007." in the first third of the film, some double-double-oh action in the middle third before Lynch's character is killed off and Bond is given back the 007 designation by the films end is beyond me.

Well, it's not, the people whining are just sexist, racists or people who cannot comprehend that white male is not the default of humanity. What they should be getting worked up about is Fukunaga sticking to the continuity of Spectre and bringing back characters from that film. It's one of the worst Bond films of all time and that's saying something.

• Upvote 2

Studios have learned that winding up Chuds/Incels is not only incredibly easy but also a lucrative marketing opportunity. See Disney realising the profits to be made by convincing people that going to watch whatever their latest middle of the road blockbuster is, is actually a form of activism. Or that desperate tweet by the director of the awful looking new Terminator film:

Let that one sink in for a moment.

'Woah, a strong female character in a Terminator film! The chuds won't know what hit them lol, buying a ticket now to show I'm woke!'

Yeah it's truly unprecedented, in a film where Linda Hamilton is returning to the role of Sarah Connor no less.

I was thinking of starting a thread on this subject as I have complicated feelings on this matter (see also companies that are one step removed from evil megacorps in a cyberpunk novel leaping on Pride as an opportunity to make more money). On the one hand it’s ultimately good that we are seeing greater diversity (even in shit films), at the same time it feels wrong to see the likes of Disney patting themselves on the back as being great progressives just because they finally cottoned on that they can make even greater profits by appealing to markets beyond 18-30 white males, while having boardrooms stuffed with Trump supporters.

• Upvote 1

13 hours ago, Harsin said:

Like she's going to survive beyond the 45 minute mark anyway.

I dunno. It's been reported that Lea Seydoux's Madeline Swann is coming back too; is it more likely that the new agent will be killed off, or that the woman Bond already has a relationship with will get fridged (in the manner of Tracy and Vesper)? It'd be pretty much unprecedented for them both to survive.

Speculation on a Fleming reference that a change of codename could lead to:

I think I'm more optimistic about the film than most here. I've been enjoying Birth Movies Death's former 007 correspondent Phil Noble Jr's Twitter thread following news on the film (where I saw the tweet above); he also sees the prospect of Bond encountering his replacement as a thing to be excited about:

• Upvote 3

If I had to guess, the film will go like this.

Film opens as described OMG 007 is a woman, cats and dogs living together, mass hysteria!!!!! New 007 may even get the traditional precredits action scene.

Oh noes Freddie Mercury does something bad. For some reason they need Bond back because he’s got a key piece of info or something. But *shock* he doesn’t want to come back because he’s too busy being loved up with inappropriately aged forgettable girlfriend from the last film.

Mr Robot kills his inappropriately aged forgettable girlfriend from the last film.

Bond comes back vowing vengeance. Him and new 007 have a prickly relationship but eventually come to respect each other in a development never before seen in a motion picture. At some point new 007 gets ganked. Daniel Craig tries to fight his indifference to everything but his pay cheque and do a sad face.

• Upvote 4

I genuinely think the part in Spectre that wiki plot summarises as

Bond is tortured as Oberhauser discusses their shared history: after the younger Bond was orphaned, Oberhauser's father, Hannes, became his temporary guardian. Believing that Bond supplanted his role as son, Oberhauser killed his father, staged his own death, adopted the name Ernst Stavro Blofeld and went on to form Spectre and target Bond. Bond and Swann stun Blofeld by setting off an explosive wristwatch at his face, and the two escape to London to prevent Nine Eyes from going online.

is one of the worst scenes to ever be filmed that has been viewed by many millions of people. There are poor twists in films and then there is this at the end of a lifeless bore of a film where nothing previously made any sense and then to throw the step brother thing out like it gives weight and meaning to a plot so devoid of coherence it was like on another level of awful, barely digestible as a thing that was really happening. 

It is so bad no film critic who just conveniently overlooked this crucial penultimate sequence that the whole film had been dragging itself towards can be forgiven for not applying their usual critical eye to how much of a steaming mess it is. 

I have zero expectations of a film that brings Waltz back and doesn't want to nuke that entire film's attempts at mythology and completely start again. 

• Upvote 2

If she was in captain marvel then she made zero impression on me. She looks plain wrong.

Why the fuck not just go with Harris? Great actor, attractive and already in the damn movies 

• Downvote 1

16 hours ago, Harsin said:

Studios have learned that winding up Chuds/Incels is not only incredibly easy but also a lucrative marketing opportunity. See Disney realising the profits to be made by convincing people that going to watch whatever their latest middle of the road blockbuster is, is actually a form of activism.

I was thinking of starting a thread on this subject as I have complicated feelings on this matter (see also companies that are one step removed from evil megacorps in a cyberpunk novel leaping on Pride as an opportunity to make more money). On the one hand it’s ultimately good that we are seeing greater diversity (even in shit films), at the same time it feels wrong to see the likes of Disney patting themselves on the back as being great progressives just because they finally cottoned on that they can make even greater profits by appealing to markets beyond 18-30 white males, while having boardrooms stuffed with Trump supporters.

Worse, it paints a big target on the back of the person taking on whatever role it is.. We've seen a number of actresses chased off social media already, who will probably be getting crap from these dickheads for years to come.. Never mind damage it may do to careers subsequently.
Not all studios will want to deal with an actor who brings with them the chance of people starting hate/boycott campaigns for whatever movie they're cast in.