IGNORED

Godzilla: King of Monsters

JohnC

Edwards is out! But it's said to be amicable. He doesn't want a third blockbuster in a row and wants to do something smaller instead.

Date has also been set for 22 March 2019. With Godzilla Vs Kong following 20 May 2020. They've also got the rights to Rodan, Mothra and King Ghidorah.

Godzilla's problem is that Godzilla can't talk. Therefore, they need to shoe-horn in some human interest stuff with human characters - usually some war-mad General (played by Brian Cox) who wants to turn Godzilla into a weapon, a couple who, although estranged, decide they need to reunite in the centre of New York where Godzilla is proper kicking off and some comic relief scientist who was right all along.

6 hours ago, neoELITE said:

Godzilla's problem is that Godzilla can't talk. Therefore, they need to shoe-horn in some human interest stuff with human characters - usually some war-mad General (played by Brian Cox) who wants to turn Godzilla into a weapon, a couple who, although estranged, decide they need to reunite in the centre of New York where Godzilla is proper kicking off and some comic relief scientist who was right all along.

You see if someone posted that synopsis and the words "written by Shane Black"  I'd be totally in. 

Well I fucking wouldn't. Cloverfield was the end of pure, giant monster films for me. After that, Pacific Rim introduced gigantic robots and that was Henry Winkler, on water skiis, leaping over a shark on film with some bloke who was in Eastenders being inside a gigantic robot brain/gym and shouting OH NOOOOOOooooooo. King Kong wasn't even that big - he looked like Diddy Kong on the Empire State.

Ant Man in the airport when he went huge was pretty amusing - for three minutes. Three minutes. Not eight films trying again and again to make Godzilla an unsurmountable gigantically massive success. He should just fight gigantic Bee Thing like in the Japanese versions.

• 9 months later...

Krampus and Trick 'r Treat director Michael Dougherty is now director. I know nothing about those so I have no idea if this is good or bad.

Kyle Chandler and Millie Bobby Brown (Eleven from Stranger Things) have also been cast. Chandler is a scientist and father of Brown's character.

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/heat-vision/kyle-chandler-star-godzilla-sequel-978221

• 2 months later...

Sally Hawkins is reprising her role from the first movie. Also along for the ride (along with the previously mentioned handler and Millie Bobby Brown) are Charles Dance, Vera Farmiga, Ken Watanabe, Aisha Hinds and O’Shea Jackson Jr. (Ice Cube's son).

• 1 month later...

Official synopsis

The new story follows the heroic efforts of the crypto-zoological agency Monarch as its members face off against a battery of god-sized monsters, including the mighty Godzilla, who collides with Mothra, Rodan, and his ultimate nemesis, the three-headed King Ghidorah. When these ancient super-species—thought to be mere myths—rise again, they all vie for supremacy, leaving humanity’s very existence hanging in the balance.

2 hours ago, Chosty said:

I was going to say that it sounds like the videogame Rampage, but it turns out there's a film of that already in production.

Bloody hell. That synopsis!

Spoiler

Primatologist Davis Okoye shares an unshakable bond with George, the extraordinarily intelligent gorilla who has been in his care since birth. But a rogue genetic experiment gone awry transforms this gentle ape into a raging monster. As these newly created monsters tear across North America, destroying everything in their path, Okoye teams with a discredited genetic engineer to secure an antidote, fighting his way through an ever-changing battlefield, not only to halt a global catastrophe but to save the fearsome creature that was once his friend. 

• 1 year later...
On 14/05/2016 at 23:24, Goose said:

And we get Skull Island before then, I think?

I rarely do this but I turned Skull Island off about half way through as I just hated it; I thought it was atrocious and those lizard things were awful. The plot made little to no sense - especially the beginning "assemble the characters" parts as the motivation for this band of people to actually go to some mythical island was unbelievable.  I don't think I like big monster movies that much. I regard Jaws as the zenith of creature features so perhaps the genre isn't for me at all. The last Godzilla film was crap as Godzilla was hardly in it. 

On 18/07/2018 at 21:49, Goose said:

Some teaser for the teaser thing - I can't embed it (can't seem to play it even)

http://www.comingsoon.net/movies/trailers/958711-godzilla-2-trailer-teaser

NOTE: There is zero Godzilla footage in this teaser.

Cameraman in view and character wardrobe inconsistencies in a 40 second clip...

Can't wait for the full trailer to see the dolly shot tracking team and key grip. 

8 hours ago, Sabreman said:

Yah boo to you lot. I guess I'm going to be the only one giddy about this :P

Nah I can't wait either. Enjoyed both Godzilla and Kong so looking forward to this. Nice to see a shared universe outside of Marvel that isn't a complete clusterfuck.