rllmuk
Blu3Flame

Civilization VI - Civ on the streets, Civ in the sheets

Just started this up. Have I somehow downloaded a Yorkshire localisation pack? Narrator and advisor sound like home to me (being a good honest Yorkshireman myself). 

• Upvote 2

Warning- if your trade income relies on pretty much one trading city, especially with the Great Zimbabwe, make sure it’s got a spy protecting it. I moved mine to my spaceport, and spent money upgrading troops, only to be told another country had siphoned £1900 from me! For the following turns my money steadily dropped to 0, despite a supposedly +ve income. Eventually my troops disbanded, barbarians appeared, all yields dropped massively, I sold everything I had for pennies. All other countries were denouncing me for being weak and sending troops forward when my final spaceship set off.

How annoying is it that there is no save option in the tutorial for switch?

im not convinced on this version for switch - I am missing a mouse and keyboard a bit. 

6 hours ago, iknowgungfu said:

How annoying is it that there is no save option in the tutorial for switch?

There isn't on PC either.

How do I cycle through my units / cities in the switch? Only seem to be able to do it if I remember where they are and select them individually.

How on earth do you make builders actually build? They’re on a tile with “farm suggested” or “mine suggested” but they’re not building either and my only options are move them or kill them.

3 hours ago, deKay said:

How on earth do you make builders actually build? They’re on a tile with “farm suggested” or “mine suggested” but they’re not building either and my only options are move them or kill them.

There will be an icon just above those two options, either in the top left or right corner of the builder menu, that you need to press. Not very intuitive. 

48 minutes ago, deKay said:

I have the requisites, but no option:

4275BCF7-A892-4DE6-AA01-DF8EAEAD38A9.jpeg

Press right on the dpad until that mine icon is highlighted. The one above your builders portrait. 

• Upvote 1

Just now, deKay said:

How the hell was I supposed to know that?!

Thanks!

I must admit it did throw me too. Slightly odd UI design. 

Weird, on the PC you get a smaller set of icons, with only the ones that you can do highlighted, which you can click on. You can also click on the symbol above the head of the builder as a shortcut to the most likely choice.

On 21/11/2018 at 21:58, iknowgungfu said:

Just started this up. Have I somehow downloaded a Yorkshire localisation pack? Narrator and advisor sound like home to me (being a good honest Yorkshireman myself). 

I'm surprised this didn't attract further comment. 

Builder thing drove me mad until I worked it out. Strangely un-intuitive...

• Upvote 1

Glad I hadn't been the only person that took ages to figure this out.

I always love Civ games and appreciate being able to play this one on the go, but I do prefer a mouse.

Mali are broke as fuck in the new expansion. Got so much gold you can just buy everything, get the right Great People, which you can also buy, and they are unstoppable.

Yay! Science Victory. I played on a relatively large map. Gets a bit slow towards the end just waiting on turns to go round. After getting to mars, I decided to chuck two nukes at my enemy for lols and rofls.

10 hours ago, Sirloin said:

Mali are broke as fuck in the new expansion. Got so much gold you can just buy everything, get the right Great People, which you can also buy, and they are unstoppable.

Hah. I finished with a culture victory,  18 trade routes and was earning nearly 2k per turn, spending money in a way that would make Elton John blush and I still had over 200k in the bank.

I double checked my stats and I claimed every single Great Merchant (I had to rush buy 2 I think). Once you get Raina to her buy districts promotion you just parachute her around to whatever city needs a district and just buy it; also disgusting if you have Jesuit Education so you can buy campus and theatre district buildings for faith.

Quite liking Hungary, especially if you get a good river start. Inca are pretty beastly warmongers too.

Just bought this for my iPad Pro -it’s down to £15 to unlock the full game. Not played a civ game since the first one! It’s overwhelming at the moment, and the tutorial feels like it’s missing loads out, but I’m going to get the hang of it. Are there any decent online guides?

Is this any good on Switch? The only other one of this series I've played is CivRev on 360. Is it very different? 

Only negative about the Switch edition is that it's significantly more expensive for a lot less game, as you don't get the expansions.

Hopefully they'll fix this soon.

Despite owning this on the iPad, I noticed that it was down to £38.99 in Argos so picked it up for the Switch. 

Big mistake. 

Had forgotten what a time sink this game is - so ridiculously addictive!

Now I’m used to the controls, think I prefer it on the Switch compared to the iPad. 

I just picked this up for Switch and was playing the tutorial when I hit a known bug (don't have your scout with future turn moves planned or it'll hang when you're asked to build something. 

It took a while to get to that point so I couldn't be bothered to restart so I dove in. 

I've built a farm, so I know how to build things but I cannot get the builders to build anything else, any ideas why? They've got 2 more builds in them and I've got free hexagons for them to build in. I can't work out what I need to do to get the option again. Does anyone know? 

On 22/11/2018 at 08:58, iknowgungfu said:

Do you mean the fact that Sean Bean is the narrator?

7 hours ago, Wahwah* said:

I just picked this up for Switch and was playing the tutorial when I hit a known bug (don't have your scout with future turn moves planned or it'll hang when you're asked to build something. 

It took a while to get to that point so I couldn't be bothered to restart so I dove in. 

I've built a farm, so I know how to build things but I cannot get the builders to build anything else, any ideas why? They've got 2 more builds in them and I've got free hexagons for them to build in. I can't work out what I need to do to get the option again. Does anyone know? 

Have you played civ before? You have to unlock tech on the science tree before you can build certain tile improvements and it also depends on the tile type as well.