IGNORED

Red Hot Chili Peppers - The Getaway out June 17th

Illyria

Red Hot Chili Peppers are releasing a new album, and here's their new song "Dark Necessities"

I haven't listened to them in a while but I used to love them so much and I'm incredibly happy to have new stuff to look forward to.

On 9 May 2016 at 7:15 PM, Illyria said:

Red Hot Chili Peppers are releasing a new album, and here's their new song "Dark Necessities"

I haven't listened to them in a while but I used to love them so much and I'm incredibly happy to have new stuff to look forward to.

That's not actually that bad. 

I love it too, and it got me back into the band again, I'd taken quite a long RHCP break but I've always particularly enjoyed listening to them in the spring and summer months, so this is perfect timing.

funny you should say that, my RHCP playlist just had the cobwebs blown off it too and damn its good stuff. 

such a shame that people see them as thuggish nobs with socks on their cocks, a lot of their music is quite moving and heartfelt (some is shite too but when they are good they are very very good)

This isn't too bad actually. I love the Chilis stuff from TUMPP through to One Hot Minute. Californication and By The Way had their moments but after that they've been trash. Maybe the geezer who has replaced Frusciante is getting into his stride. 

On 13/05/2016 at 3:21 PM, Gotters said:

such a shame that people see them as thuggish nobs with socks on their cocks, a lot of their music is quite moving and heartfelt (some is shite too but when they are good they are very very good)

I doubt a vast majority who say they like the band have any idea on the sock/cocks thing, that was about, what, 25 years ago ? Under the bridge was their major crossover hit, effectively dividing their audience between pre/post years from that point on. A bit like U2, although they have a 3 way split of political band / American Wanabie / Pop pap irrelevant twats 

Anyway, new tune isn;t bad. The intro was the best bit though.

On 13/05/2016 at 3:21 PM, Gotters said:

I think their behaviour towards women is more of a shame. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

usual modern day patchy Chili's album after a few listens, I'm really liking Go Robot as my favourite track so far (with Dark Necessities)

'i want to thank you spank you on your silver skin, robots don't care where you've been'

its not up there with shoeing the word 'cuntilla' into a song but made me smile when I first heard it.