Jump to content
rllmuk

Recommended Posts

Hey now, I wasn't actually trying to provoke shit. Perhaps if I had FH3 to test side by side I'd see the massive difference. But I distinctly remember being impressed with the FH3 demo on the One S, nearly bought it a couple of times actually, but in the end I sold the One S. The reason I bought another Xbox is I wanted to play the Mass Effect trilogy again. I figured I may as well grab the One X for the extra oomph.

 

Also, I found the HDR setting in CD3 early on, I could tell straight away that it wasn't on. I haven't actually tried the 60fps mode on FH4 though, might give that a shot...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Thor said:

Hey now, I wasn't actually trying to provoke shit. Perhaps if I had FH3 to test side by side I'd see the massive difference. But I distinctly remember being impressed with the FH3 demo on the One S, nearly bought it a couple of times actually, but in the end I sold the One S. The reason I bought another Xbox is I wanted to play the Mass Effect trilogy again. I figured I may as well grab the One X for the extra oomph.

 

Also, I found the HDR setting in CD3 early on, I could tell straight away that it wasn't on. I haven't actually tried the 60fps mode on FH4 though, might give that a shot...

Try Crackdown 1 which is backwards compatible and also X Enhanced, and then stick CD3 on, it's night and day. It's the density of the city, the verticality and draw distance that impresses me, and it also has a rock solid frame rate. 

 

Another game I played recently was Titanfall 2, that also looks gorgeous on the X and is 60FPS to boot, seriously impressive. 

 

Try Gears 4 if you wanna see great use of HDR, that is one stunning looking and performing title.

 

And play all the Halo's in the Master Chief Collection, they're all enhanced, also try 5 - one of the best looking games this gen in its enhanced form.

 

I couldn't be happier with it.

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Stanley said:

Try Crackdown 1 which is backwards compatible and also X Enhanced, and then stick CD3 on, it's night and day. It's the density of the city, the verticality and draw distance that impresses me, and it also has a rock solid frame rate. 

 

Another game I played recently was Titanfall 2, that also looks gorgeous on the X and is 60FPS to boot, seriously impressive. 

 

Try Gears 4 if you wanna see great use of HDR, that is one stunning looking and performing title.

 

And play all the Halo's in the Master Chief Collection, they're all enhanced, also try 5 - one of the best looking games this gen in its enhanced form.

 

I couldn't be happier with it.

I put CD3 on earlier and had more of a dabble with it. I was unimpressed on my initial play because the first area does look duff. When I got to the city, and it was broad daylight, it did in fairness look really good. Very Cyberpunk, actually. 

 

Thanks for the reminder about TF2 - I have EA Access at the moment, it's queued up to download. I've seen Gears 4 in HDR (a code for it came with my One S), just not the One X version. I'm not installing it again. I wonder if Halo 5 is on Game Pass...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think we have been a bit spoiled by Forza and FH.  FH3 is still a great game, and has more extremes of location but FH4 is wonderful - the lighting during any day during any season is something to behold.  FH4 is moving toward GAAS I suppose with the drip of new career chapters, seasonal events and so forth; its a slightly different animal to FH3 in that regard.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I took the plunge somewhat guiltily this weekend and it's a fascinating machine. It's beautiful and gorgeously quiet. I'm also really impressed with Gamepass. Even though I'm only on a 1080p TV the impact of stuff like FH4 is really impressive. I've downloaded the Master Chief Collection, FH4, PES 2019, Gears 4, Halo 5, Ori and Below so far. Anything suggestions for any exclusives I should get from the Gamepass list are most welcome!

 

But the thing that really strikes me about it, and which I really didn't expect, is just how bad the UI is. I have absolutely no idea what I'm doing at any point in the dash. It's really quite bewildering.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Pin all your favourite games and apps (or create subgroups for them).

 

The guide button is your friend - from there whilst ignore you can:

message

start / join a party

see whose doing what

review your achievements on your current game

take a screen shot (Y) or record a clip (x)

review your most recent captures

start to broadcast (I think)

probably other things

 

 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Cosmic_Guru said:

Pin all your favourite games and apps (or create subgroups for them).

 Super helpful. Thank you! It does seem super odd that the system relies on manual curation so much when both Switch and PS4 have really clear, automated and effective ways of getting you straight to games and apps.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Should have added, the other really useful button is the right hand side one with horizontal lines- possibly called the "menu" button.  If you hover over any tile on your home page, or your list of installed or ready to install games it will give you the available options for that item.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, Thor said:

Alright alright. I just did the first street race, at night. And that is impressive. 

 

Have you considered maybe taking a bit more time with a game before declaring it shit graphically?   :)

  • Empathy 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just seen the new sale and noticed that Bioshock 360 and the Collection are both on there. But reading conflicting things about the best option on the X. I'm mainly interested in the first game. Would love some advice from anyone that's tried both!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

My X was getting louder and louder when playing 4k games recently so after watching a few I decided to have a go at replacing the thermal paste on the GPU myself.

 

It really was as easy as they say and I now have an almost silent X again.

  • Upvote 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Boozy The Clown said:

Did the Bioshock remastered collection just get a One X Enhanced update ?

 

Bioshock 630Mb update

Bioshock 2 2.92 Gb update

Bioshock Infinite 300Mb update 

 

 

 

Don't think so.  Unless it's been recent.  Replayed Infinite on my X about a year ago.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Boozy The Clown said:

Did the Bioshock remastered collection just get a One X Enhanced update ?

 

Bioshock 630Mb update

Bioshock 2 2.92 Gb update

Bioshock Infinite 300Mb update 

 

 

 

According to resetera it just adds Chinese language

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, dreamylittledream said:

 

According to resetera it just adds Chinese language

 

Wow. Hell of a lot of downloading for those that don't speak Chinese! :D 

 

Patching is seriously doing my head in at the moment!

 

Just wanted a quick 30 min go on something.

 

So switched on the TV... that is in the process of patching (its Andoid based)

TV finished.

Switched on the console to play a quick game of something. That started patching.

 

Switched it all off and left it all too it.

 

I know you can leave consoles in sleep mode but they don't always update the various games until you trigger one of them.

 

Out of all the consoles I have I think the Switch actually patches the fastest (and it hardly does). So maybe in future I should have a quick 30mins on that whilst waiting for the other stuff to patch! :D 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Not sure if this is of use to anyone, but I once again found my streaming over (gigabit) lan to suddenly be awful the other night. It couldn't maintain the stream on the lowest quality. Reboot router and hard reset of Xbox and it's back to smooth on highest. The Xbox is normally on standby, honestly not sure when it last had a full restart.

 

Weird, and I don't know which of the two fixed it, but there you go.

 

Edit - crap, wrong Xbox One thread.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just got round to buying a 4K TV. What's considered a good example of an X Enhanced game to lap up the 4K goodness?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Use of this website is subject to our Privacy Policy, Terms of Use, and Guidelines.