Any of you fine BoneXers running it through a 1080p TV?

Would like a view on the picture/gameplay improvements you’ve experienced vs the OG Bone or PS4 on the same telly.

Worth the upgrade?

Thinking of getting one for RDR2 on my trusty 1080p Bravia, as a 4K telly is a while away yet, but wondering if I’ll see the benefit over base PS4.

You definitely will. I had an X earlier in the year with 1080p telly and it was a visible improvement over the Pro. Even stuff like Titanfall 2 which runs super fast and smooth on the Pro was like oiled shit off a shovel on the X. The supersampling equivalent or whatever is noticeably a step up and the smoothness and control (while not an objective measure) mean that it all just feels premium. Stuff like fully modded Skyrim is also wonderful. I'm flogging my Pro and getting an X again this weekend. I should never have got rid before. 

11 minutes ago, jonamok said:

Would like a view on the picture/gameplay improvements you’ve experienced vs the OG Bone or PS4 on the same telly.

Worth the upgrade?

Thinking of getting one for RDR2 on my trusty 1080p Bravia, as a 4K telly is a while away yet, but wondering if I’ll see the benefit over base PS4.

Fuck off

• Upvote 4

24 minutes ago, jonamok said:

Worth the upgrade?

There’s a definite improvement.

Dunno if I’d say it’s worth a £350-£400 outlay on a non-4K HDR telly, though. You get so much more out of both high end consoles with a 4K TV. 

4 minutes ago, HarryBizzle said:

There’s a definite improvement.

Dunno if I’d say it’s worth a £350-£400 outlay on a non-4K HDR telly, though. You get so much more out of both high end consoles with a 4K TV. 

Fair point. It’s basically console now, telly in the new year. Or wait and get both then. Not sure.

6 minutes ago, jonamok said:

Fair point. It’s basically console now, telly in the new year. Or wait and get both then. Not sure.

In my experience, the deals you get on tellies on Black Friday are the best of the year, where as you can get pretty good console deals year round.

38 minutes ago, jonamok said:

Worth the upgrade?

Yep

Im still on a 2010 55 inch Bravia

Check out the Insects demo if you can on a 1080p panel

https://news.xbox.com/en-us/2017/11/06/xbox-one-x-insects-video/

Also, if you download Insects on an Xbox One X and display it on a 1080p display, switching 4K mode on and off will showcase super-sampling in all its beauty.

+ games enhanced for X

• Upvote 1

Yep, just saw another comparison video of that insect demo on 1080p panels with super sampling on and off. Very impressive difference. Hmmm.

Apparently HRD is faked on RDR2. It seems a lot of people are getting a less washed out picture by turning it off.

On 27/10/2018 at 20:07, Salsa Party Animal said:

I have seen a lot of good deals for black XBOX One X and I have white one XBOX X on order from Microsoft due out on 14th November.  Will this new white X Box X will be available say for 350 pounds instead of 450 pounds on Black Friday or whatever. I know Game and Microsoft sell them but any other option?   I want it to go with white PS4 Pro I have. 

I'd jump on this, personally.

https://www.hotukdeals.com/deals/xbox-one-x-robot-white-special-edition-forza-horizon-4-bundle-1tb-with-red-dead-redemption-2-34999-at-microsoft-store-3095843

Bear in mind, on that deal I believe you have to buy RDR2 to get the bleached bonex at £350. Taking the total package up to at least £410.

2 hours ago, Wahwah* said:

I'd jump on this, personally.

https://www.hotukdeals.com/deals/xbox-one-x-robot-white-special-edition-forza-horizon-4-bundle-1tb-with-red-dead-redemption-2-34999-at-microsoft-store-3095843

I already got those 2 driving games and RDRII on Ps4.  So I will keep an eye on more special deals. hopefully with battlefield/Fallout combo for similar price. Just need to sell xbox one. 

and thanks WahWah*

this is probably the "best" option right now becasue, you could trade in the games you dont want for a chunk of change (£82 from CEX right now) that would bring the console cost rather lower, well towards £320 for a bone x!! ...0_o

- https://www.currys.co.uk/gbuk/tv-and-home-entertainment/gaming/gaming-consoles/microsoft-xbox-one-x-forza-horizon-4-forza-motorsport-7-call-of-duty-black-ops-4-tekken-7-project-cars-2-bundle-10186320-pdt.html

On 02/11/2018 at 14:54, Stanshall said:

Surely the Very deal @£369.99 including RDR2, FH4 and FM7 is the one to go for still? 

If you want a black boneX. MS deal is the best for a white boneX it seems.

21 hours ago, 5R7 said:

this is probably the "best" option right now becasue, you could trade in the games you dont want for a chunk of change (£82 from CEX right now) that would bring the console cost rather lower, well towards £320 for a bone x!! ...0_o

- https://www.currys.co.uk/gbuk/tv-and-home-entertainment/gaming/gaming-consoles/microsoft-xbox-one-x-forza-horizon-4-forza-motorsport-7-call-of-duty-black-ops-4-tekken-7-project-cars-2-bundle-10186320-pdt.html

ggggnnnn!!!

3 hours ago, Fargo said:

Mass Effect Andromeda looks like it’s getting an X patch ahead of N7 day tomorrow. 

Can_0b8269_2391867.jpg

X enhance the original trilogy, and I'll buy a One X. Seriously, I'd buy one tomorrow. But Andromeda? ... 

tenor.gif?itemid=4994344