Eurgh, maybe it's a misaligned fan? The guy posting that video said that was a replacement for a similar sounding one.

I'm thinking of upgrading to the Xbox One X.

What will happen to all my saved games?  Are they just lost if I don't have Live, or is there some way of transferring them?

You don't need a Gold sub for cloud saves on the Xbox One. If it's not connected to the Internet at all, you can use an external HDD to move everything across.

• Upvote 1

Welp, if you're thinking of getting an XB1X for 4k disc watching I would advise against it. Tried testing it out with Blade Runner earlier and the disc drive was at a constant full speed during playback, which was really intrusive during quiet scenes, as the drive was very loud despite being over 8ft away. Pretty disappointed with the console to be honest.

is there no way to have audio output to headphones only? I seriously have to mute my tv every time? Also, I can’t use my wireless headphones wirelessly? Double ewe tee eff, man?!?

4 hours ago, Orko said:

is there no way to have audio output to headphones only? I seriously have to mute my tv every time? Also, I can’t use my wireless headphones wirelessly? Double ewe tee eff, man?!?

Quickest way to do it is to mute your TV, yeah. I think you can mess around in audio settings as well but it takes ages and you have to do it and redo it each time. 

Think you need Xbox wireless ‘phones to use them wirelessly. 

I just use my Sony Gold pair with a wire. 

On 28/05/2018 at 19:39, Boozy The Clown said:

Thanks.  I've bought it.  The only snag is I'm not sure whether shops will take my old one as trade-in here in Japan, as it sells so poorly. Hopefully one will.

On 31/05/2018 at 06:29, Hitcher said:

There will be a code inside the box.

Apologies a bit late, but not only that but if you switch on automatic renewals, you will also get another month for free. I did this back in February to turn my free GamePass into 2 months. What I don't know is whether you can stack the one month for £1 offer on atm for a further month. Just need to remember to cancel the auto renewals of course.

My launch headset has packed in, and I’m loath to pay £20 for another flimsy bit of plastic. Any recommendations? Doesn’t have to be cheaper, just roughly the same price and decent. Seems like there’s quite a lot out there for £30 or so these days.

5 minutes ago, CarloOos said:

My launch headset has packed in, and I’m loath to pay £20 for another flimsy bit of plastic. 

4 and a half years use for a £20 headset? Bargain. I'd say go another if you got that long out of it.

• Upvote 2

I wish mine had lasted that long. 

I use the official stereo headset. For £30 (last time I looked), I think it's pretty great WITH THE EXCEPTION of having to choose either mic monitoring OR on using a volume control block that connects to the pad.  

It's enough to make me consider buying another headset, that's how irritating it is. 

Everything else: pretty good. 

• Upvote 1

I got a pair of Z11s for about 15 pounds

Great sound but theyre cabled and with a plastic on off switch for the mic

• Upvote 1

I have a turtle beach xo one headset. I’m really happy with the sound quality and they are more than loud enough. I’ve had them almost 18 months and they get a lot of use and there is no signs of wear and tear on them at all.

edit: if your playing Siege a decent pair of headphones is a wise investment. Bumps the k/d rating!

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, Mgear said:

Apologies a bit late, but not only that but if you switch on automatic renewals, you will also get another month for free. I did this back in February to turn my free GamePass into 2 months. What I don't know is whether you can stack the one month for £1 offer on atm for a further month. Just need to remember to cancel the auto renewals of course.

Current £1 offer is only valid if you've never used one before.

While it misses those points it is valid to say this is likely make or break for Xbox. The wider public still perceive it (quite rightly) as not having so much good first party exclusives and at this stage they need more than a forza/gears of war/ halo to save them. Sea of Thieves has generally underwhelmed and now more than ever they need the wow factor. 

To those who commented on my Xbox 1 X noise: turns out it must absolutely have been faulty. My new one is basically a whisper when idle, no mechanical noise at all.

• Upvote 4