Been using the X for Netflix recently for stuff that has Dolby Atmos and it performed so well I tried it tonight with Amazon Prime Video.

I have pretty slow broadband by todays standards (12-15Mbps) and the Amazon app on all formats can take a little while to get upto 4K HDR.

It gets there a little quicker on the XBO X and plays perfectly unlike the tv app that misses a frame every 10 secs or so.

Also tried some Star Wars as I own the six title saga on Amazon (got it for £2.50, blippin' bargain!) and has beat the tv app and the app on the Apple TV 4K for picture quality streaming those.

I guess it's due to the higher spec internals?

Anyway, I'm going to try a UHD blu ray in it tomorrow and see if it can match or beat my dedicated Samsung 4K blu player for quality. Kinda hoping it does just so I can recommend it as a one for all media device for all the new and imminent 4K tv owners that are curious.

1 hour ago, Pug said:

Been using the X for Netflix recently for stuff that has Dolby Atmos and it performed so well I tried it tonight with Amazon Prime Video.

I have pretty slow broadband by todays standards (12-15Mbps) and the Amazon app on all formats can take a little while to get upto 4K HDR.

It gets there a little quicker on the XBO X and plays perfectly unlike the tv app that misses a frame every 10 secs or so.

Also tried some Star Wars as I own the six title saga on Amazon (got it for £2.50, blippin' bargain!) and has beat the tv app and the app on the Apple TV 4K for picture quality streaming those.

I guess it's due to the higher spec internals?

Anyway, I'm going to try a UHD blu ray in it tomorrow and see if it can match or beat my dedicated Samsung 4K blu player for quality. Kinda hoping it does just so I can recommend it as a one for all media device for all the new and imminent 4K tv owners that are curious.

New X owner here. Still loving it. 

I am trialling the Atmos headphone support. How do you know when something on Netflix or Amazon is coded with it? 

I was going to pick up the bladerunner UHD Blu-ray as I assume those will have it and I wanted to see what the quality was like too. I have played a few other disks and it’s been pretty silent so far. I’m still super impressed. 

Pretty sure Amazon doesn't support Atmos yet.

On Netflix it'll state by the title if it's Atmos or not. The Punisher is, so is Altered Carbon.

For it to show you have to have set audio out to bitstream and Dolby Atmos in the settings. That's after installing and running the Dolby Atmos app of course.

Hi @Pug any tips for atmos? I’ve dowloaded the app and I assume that activates the trial as it says 29 days remaining. When I try to change  my headphones from windows sonic to atmos I get the error below. (Turtle beach stealth 600)

ive tried various settings in audio and video to no avail. My mate has same ones and no issues so it must my settings?

67D349FA-1985-4AF1-B479-5FB9E06768E5.png

I just switched mine one and the power light on the console is pulsing on and off and nothing works on my controller other than the guide button. Wha?

EDIT, never mind, it switched itself off then restarted itself now it's ok. Presumably it was doing something in the background, albeit very rudely.

4 hours ago, Pug said:

This may help.

Did all that, there’s not much too it! Ended up resetting the console and got it to work. Demos sound great so eill

probably pick it up if it appears in a sale.

Evening,

Before i I move everything out the way to give it a go myself has anyone tried to connect a SNES mini to the one x?

Ideally I’m hoping to use both the HDMI in and a USB socket to power it.

Cheers,

Indy

59 minutes ago, Indy @ S.E. said:

Evening,

Before i I move everything out the way to give it a go myself has anyone tried to connect a SNES mini to the one x?

Ideally I’m hoping to use both the HDMI in and a USB socket to power it.

Cheers,

Indy

I tried it on a Xbone S and there is (what feels like) a quarter of a second of lag in Super Mario World. Disconnected it straight away.

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Wahwah* said:

Seems like there are no reviews out there

Over at GB they said that the review codes they got didn't unlock the game early, they were more like pre-order codes. So for reviewers the game unlocked at the same time as everyone else. Hence, no reviews.

Been meaning to buy the Bioshock collection for a while and the Argos ebay store has the collection for £11.99. I now it hasn't been enhanced but has anyone played it on the X?

16 hours ago, Fargo said:

Skyrim - How good will this game look on an X with mods? 

After lots of experimenting and crashes, I finally looked up some load order info and settled on using predominantly Divine graphics mods (plus Skyland 2K for landscape stuff) and I think it looks as good as it ever will.

https://bethesda.net/community/topic/73985/the-load-order-for-beginners-and-advanced-users-x1-optimised-official-thread/2

There's a general load order guide, as well as current load order in the OP's sig. OP is one of the most well known and respected modders. I stripped out the gameplay mods and just focused on the graphics and skins, etc. It looks fantastic. If you want to experiment with other mods, that guide will help you learn roughly where they should go in the load order (but it's pretty much 'swap like for like', and you'll tend to be OK). 

• Upvote 1

And for anyone interested in one specific mod, I'd sack off all weather and lighting stuff and replace it with Divine Atmospheres - Aetherius. It's a complete overhaul of all those interlocking systems, and it made the game look more impressive than I've ever seen it. There are a couple of things I don't like as much, the night skies can be a little bit OTT, but the fundamental lighting and effects are glorious.