rllmuk
Strategos

Punisher - Season 2 out now

Episode 10 : fustercluck spoilers

Spoiler

I was really confused when the preacher had the run in with his old gang in the bar and the dirty cop was the gang leader. 

Couldn’t work out why he hadn’t already been taken down and whether he was a dirty cop in Daredevil, JJ or one of the others. Also thought it’d be odd having a cop with nazi tattoos..

I’ve just melded Person of Interest and Punisher into the same universe though haven’t I? He’s not from one of he marvel shows is he?

Loving Frank though, he makes the show.

On 12/02/2019 at 06:36, MardiganX said:

I try to never let opinion in here influence when I watch things, but sadly I let the negativity toward Season 2 discourage me from getting into it. Miserable wankers. All of you! :lol:

4 episodes in and the absolute mind boggling ‘make-up’ direction aside (seriously WTF is that all about?!) this is great. I remember there being some negative views about the pace of Season 1  at times but it was a clear choice that more than paid off in the end. There are similar moments here but nothing has detracted from my enjoyment of the show and complete love for Bernthal as Castle. 2 episodes a night until it’s done now and can’t wait to get back on it.

The pace of season 1 was just fine, I thought. It really worked. Season 2, though? Oh, dear, I see you're only four episodes in...

On 12/02/2019 at 07:36, MardiganX said:

I try to never let opinion in here influence when I watch things, but sadly I let the negativity toward Season 2 discourage me from getting into it. Miserable wankers. All of you! :lol:

4 episodes in and the absolute mind boggling ‘make-up’ direction aside (seriously WTF is that all about?!) this is great. I remember there being some negative views about the pace of Season 1  at times but it was a clear choice that more than paid off in the end. There are similar moments here but nothing has detracted from my enjoyment of the show and complete love for Bernthal as Castle. 2 episodes a night until it’s done now and can’t wait to get back on it.

Yes, the first three to four episodes are fine. Really enjoyed those. From now on you're on Billy time though. Eventually Billy and Dr. Scarfetish managed to spoil even Bernthal for me :(

1 hour ago, mansizerooster said:

The last scene of the last episode was 100% Punisher. Was a bit of a slog getting there but was a fantastic ending note.

Yeah, bit of a slog was an understatement. And what's the pay off, a few seconds of actual Punisher, roll end credits.

It may not be the end, just the end on Netflix. A letter from Jeph Loeb

Specifically

Our Network partner may have decided they no longer want to continue telling the tales of these great characters... but you know Marvel better than that.

As Matthew Murdock's Dad once said, "The measure of a man is not how he gets knocked to the mat, it's how he gets back up."

To be continued...!

They'll probably publish some comics based on the TV version of the characters.

Jeph Loeb is a complete hack and the further he's kept away from the series on Disney's streaming service the better.

They're going to have to shove a load of money Netflix's way to end the contract they had to do shows until 2021 or something. I can't see it happening, considering that the quality was wobbly as fuck (except DD, of course).

I didn't like S1, but thought I'd give this another go with S2. The first episode was excellent and filled me with hope that'd we'd moved on from the terrible terrible Madani and Russo, but no, let's have another 13 hours of these shitbags.

On 02/02/2019 at 17:55, Garibaldi said:

Decided to skip the second season after seeing hunky Jigsaw and finding out that Madani was carried through to season 2. A big problem for me with this series is that Frank Castle is such a whirlwind that everyone else just feels dull next to him, and whenever things turn to focus on them it’s much easier to turn off. Micro and his family were exceptions in S1, and Billy was ok, but the entire FBI cast and interminable PTSD unibomber plotlines were soporific. After hearing that S2 has more of the same with Billy and his therapist, Medani, etc, and that they fucked up Jigsaw, it’s much more appealing to just watch the fight scenes on YouTube. 

Smart decision, it's garbage. Revah and Barnes are terrible actors, Barnes more so.

On 06/02/2019 at 21:35, And said:

Oh, the fight in the gym. :blink2: why do we not have a puke emoji?

Mank-Fu, started with Ong-Bak 2 maybe and into The Raid 2, hit it's peak recently with the disgusting The Night Comes for Us.

The Night Comes for Us was so revolting I think it might actually have made how morally corrupt the whole film felt even worse.

• Upvote 1